Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are console players getting suspended for scamming?

Haven't heard of it and it's too easy now with psn communities.

Players use the communities as a chat box and moderators let anyone in to their private community because it's hard to check who people are.
    Scammers see someone asking for crafting and psn message the person from a second account that's not listed on the community, if asked claim to know one of the moderators who are currently not logged in to psn.

I'm only posting this here because it needs to be enforced.

Due to do a not having access to chat logs I don't think it's enforced on console but I could be wrong. So pretty much might turn in to eve.
    Last edited by MaFi0s0; 10-28-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Are console players getting suspended for scamming?
    C++'s Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    11/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't personally think of a way on how to stop this. I don't think it's as big of a deal as you are making it either. Granted I do play on XBL, but I have never been scammed on ESO. I have played many MMO's over the years & the community is decent right now. I will say I know it exists as with every MMO, but you can also take SEVERAL measures to ensure you have a crafter who isn't going to scam you.

Here are just a list of things you can do to protect yourself:

1. Find a reputable crafter. There are several crafters on XBL who are known for making nearly every trait in every category of armor. Unfortunately they can be a bit costly, but there's nothing better than ensuring the safety of your mats, gold, & new armor by paying someone more for your safety.

2. Get in a guild. Typically if you are in large guild there is usually a crafter who will craft for FREE given you provide the mats. However I ALWAYS tip just to keep the incentive for him/her to continue to craft. There are SO MANY crafters out there! Not just PC transfers, but there are a lot of players in-game on ESO who can make several items. The only armor sets you may be reaching for someone who was a PC transfer may include Armor Master & Kags.

3. If someone in area chat or someone contacts you that you don't know, ask around. More so the master crafters, but on XBL there are plenty of crafters who have begun to become known as trustworthy. This isn't the best concept because it falls under your discretion. However it is something you can do to prevent yourself from being scammed.

4. This is the grand jewel. Once you have a trusted crafter, simply add them. If you tip, they will continue services. Simple as that.

Why is this posted in the Elite Section? This isn't any pertinent information & seems to be a complaint more than anything.
    Last edited by C++; 10-28-2015 at 03:01 PM.