0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

((Taxi-paths UN-nerfed)) How to edit WoW 2.2.3 Zepplin taxi paths

Well I don't know if editing taxi-paths has already been un-nerfed yet, so if it has, then go ahead and ignore this. But anyways, in this thread I will show you how to edit the taxi-paths of Zepplin as well as boats, Griffins, etc. This will be done by editing memory, not .dbc files, so the use of ModelEditFix is not required.

First off you will need a tool called WoWMemoryArrayEditor (this is a program I created in VB, so if you have problems with it crashing, go ahead and post in this thread).
    You can DL it here: http://somewhiteguy.homelinux.org:178/wowedit/dlMAE.php

The program is not specifically made for messing with the Zepplins or taxies. It's made to be a multi-purpose memory reader that will organize things into a table for you to make memory reading easier. Because it is not geared for reading the taxi-paths only, you will need to open the Zepplin.ini file that comes in the archive. This file contains the basic UDT structure found in the old TaxiPathNode.dbc file. If you want, you can also open it in a regular text editor, there are comments inside the .ini file explaining how to build your own custom UDT and have WoWMAE design a table for you.

So again, when you start it up you will need to click "Load definition from file"

And select the Zepplin.ini

For the scanning to work, you must already be logged into WoW and have your character running around the world.
    After scanning you should get to the main interface.

Now once you are there you can edit various taxi paths. Here are a list of common taxies and their IDs in the TaxiID column:

241 = Boat: Ratchet <> Booty Bay
    285 = Zepplin: Oggrimmar <> Southern Eastern Kingdom
    292 = Boat: Theremore Isle <> Menethil Harbor
    293 = Boat: Dark Shore <> Teldrassil (Elf Island)
    295 = Boat: Dark Shore <> Menethil Harbor
    302 = Zepplin: Orggrimmar <> Under City
    303 = Boat: Feralas <> Feralas Island
    503 = Boat: Dark Shore <> Drenai Island

And in case the continent column confuses you, here is the enum-definition for it.

0 = Eastern Kingdom
    1 = Kalimdor
    530 = Burning Crusade / Drenai Island
    451 = GM Island (Removed in today's version, but in the old TaxiPathNode.dbc file, this was the continent ID for all nodes in the GM Island area)
    30 = ?
    560 = ?

To make things simpler you will want to filter the table by your TaxiID. To do this, right click the main table, and choose to filter (or click the filter button at the top-right of the interface).

And then plug in the "TaxiID" + "Is equal to" + you target taxi

To change values, right click and use the desiered options(s). You can also change the value of multiple nodes by holding shift and clicking (select more than one row).

In order to have your changes take affect...
    You must change the value(s) before they are actully read from from WoW. Basically, the Zepplin.ini will find what appears to be some kind of translated .dbc file that is loaded and held in memory - but WoW does NOT take the values directly off from it. When IT NEEDS certain values, it reads this array into another memory address (one that constantly seems to change upon every load screen).

One experiment I did was create a new orc character. And WITHOUT moving him from the orc-startting-area, I made changes to this array, and THEN walked over to the Zepplin to find my changes went through. However, after rebooting WoW, bring a character to the Zepplin tower, and then changing the values.... nothing happened.

Another way that seems to force your values to go through is to board the Zepplin, log out (DO NOT CLOSE WOW - log out to the screen that shows what chacters you have on your server), change the values, and then log back in.

Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 10-16-2007 at 04:37 AM.

((Taxi-paths UN-nerfed)) How to edit WoW 2.2.3 Zepplin taxi paths
    Varu's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ((Taxi-paths UN-nerfed)) How to edit WoW 2.2.3 Zepplin taxi paths

Have you even tested this yet or is it just a possible guide, but may not be correct?

Gone Phishing BBL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it still works it's amazing. Anyway +rep when I can, Great guide (If it works is another story )
    WOO

Varu's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no reply for proof *sigh*

Zinchi390's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really hope this works again

SomeWhiteGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I just tried two mor experiments.

First I created a new orc character again, and selected ALL the rows in the entire array in WoWMAE and made every single X,Y value = {1318 , -4658}
    After the changes were written I moved the orc out of the starting area and made my way to the Zepplin tower.
    When i got there I saw the zepplin going friggin crazy! It was in the position, but it kept turning and turning every which-way at an insane speed.

...and then it dissappeared.

After waiting for a while it reappeared again.

After some more tinkering I think it's safe to say that despite changing the ContinentID, WoW will not show the Zepplin unless it is supposed to be in your local continent at any given time.

I also say this because I restarted WoW (which clears the taxi-changes), relogged, and got on the Zepplin normally. Then, I logged out to the character-select screen, and set ALL X and Y values to an XY I pulled from the old TaxiPathNode.dbc file that should be at GM Island. I also change the Continent ID to 451. When I logged back in, WoW was smart enough to put me in the Eastern Kingdom, despite the change I made to the CotinentID. I was stuck in the TaxiGraveYard for a while (center fo the world - under Alterac Mountains), and then I zoned into Kalimdor. Annoying-ly enough, I was now in the Kalimdor TaxyGraveYard >_<

So I logged out, set the ContinentID to 1 (Kalimdor), and logged back in quickly.

This is where things got interesting. Now I was way far NorthEast off the map. I couldn't even see myself on the continental-map, I had to zoom-out to the world map (where I can see both continents), and I was dead-smack in between the two and far north.
    Oddly enough I wasn't rooted (I could move), and as soon as I did I got disconnected from the server.

I logged back in, and got another immediate disconnect....
    And again and again, the same thing.

Obviously this is because I am off the map. In reality, Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are two SEPERATE 3D worlds as far as the computer is concerend. There is no space between the continents. So basically I am logging in, and the computer doesn't know what to do because there is no map for the area I am now in, so it disconnects me.

I think this happened because I may have forgot to put in a negative sign somewhere in one of the values or perhaps I put in an addition digit by accident.

Anyways, to anwser your question, yes, it works. You can change the location of the Zepplin easily. Getting off it however (w/out getting disconnected) is something I have yet been abel to do...

Whch leads me into another experiment I did a while ago which I forgot to mention. I can take the place where the Zepplin (Org<->UnderCity) stops in Kalimdor...

This btw is:
    EnteryID=6747
    TaxiID=302
    Order=7

....and I can change the Z value from 71.86043 to 71.77 and get on it, and yet get disconnected if I get right off.
    A FRIGGIN .1 DIFFERENCE! Ugh...

Due to this, I think one of two things are happening. (1) when you get off the zepplin, the client does some sort of comparison with some other source to see if the Zepplin really is where it should be, or (2) when you get off the Zepplin, the client tells the server the last node (XYZ) the Zepplin came from and the server checks if that location is where it should be.

I guess the only real way to test that would be to get on the Zep, change the values, and then pull the LAN cable out before getting off and see if I get disconnected immediatly.

Meh, I need to do some more research on that. I think the people of mmowned were having this same problem last year when they were using the Zepplin to get to GM Island, so maybe if someone who was here around that time is still here, they can help out and say if anyone ever found a way around it...

Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 10-16-2007 at 05:50 AM.

-Lex's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

demonkungaaa?! :P

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime i try to start the prog I can choose the .ini but when i try to get to the interface part it gives the error "Could not find target". I´m already logged in in Wow

skillz noodles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this will be super epic if this works.

has anyone done this successfully ?

Rohi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this will be epix if it works ^_^ I'll plus rep if it works

treyska's Avatar Drummer / Designer
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work, as always :]

i'll be waiting on a vid! +rep

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can´t anybody help me?

das Murloc's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have it, still wont run :/
    Last edited by das Murloc; 10-16-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Froogle's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing, I'll be using this for thing other than zeppelin paths

+3rep to you mate, glad you're with us.

SomeWhiteGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if you are getting a problem with starting MAE while having it search for the start of the array by itself (getting an "target not found" error), then you can find the start of the array manually. To do this start WoW, login and get your character into the 3D world.

Then start Cheat Engine, and after hooking it to WoW.exe, click the option to search for an "array of bytes"

Then click the checkbox marked "hex", and put in this hex string: 23 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Click "First Search". You should only get ONE result. If you get more then one. close WoW.exe and restart the application. If you get more than one and you continue anyways, you will most likely never get your changes to take effect.
    Once you get you result bring it down to the lower table, and then double-click on the memory address.

Now copy the memory address to the copy-paste buffer

Now, startup the MAE and after you select the Zepplin.ini file, tell the thing you have the exact address. And put the characters &H in front of the adderss
    This requires version 0.0.2 Just use the link in the other post to get it.
    You MUST put &H in front of the address to tell MAE it is in hex notation, or else MAE will load fine, but not display data correctly (the output will be foobar)

Now start MAE, and you should get the taxi-path table

As for how I knew that hex string would find the start of the array.... look at this:

This is the old TaxyPathNode.dbc file. This is no longer in use. You can delete it from the dbc.MOQ file, and WoW will run fine. HOWEVER, it still has a use to us. Even though this file is no longer in use, the data is. Reguardless of where WoW.exe is retrieving this table from, it HAS TO be in memory in some point. So what I did was convert the table int binary.

The first number seen is 35. Assuming this is a one-bye integer, in hex this is 23
    The next number is 6, assuming this is a 4-byte inetger, this is 00 00 00 06
    The next number is 0, assuming this is a 4-byte inetger, this is 00 00 00 00
    The next number is 0, assuming this is a 4-byte inetger, this is 00 00 00 00

It took some time to figure out the 1st number was a one-byte integer, but basically that is how I put it all togeather and found the table in memory.
    You can do this with any collum to find the table.

Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 10-16-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast