2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a suggestion...

It seems that everyone is posting their entire PE folder each time they share something.

I personally work on 4 different class rotations (Pally, Boomkin, Mage, Hunter).

Would it make sense to have sub forums for each class? This way you can just download the single .lua file and not affect everything else?

Seems a ton more efficient and would make sharing a ton easier.

Was just a thought..

Thank you!

Just a suggestion...
    NOCARRIER's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NessK View Post
    It seems that everyone is posting their entire PE folder each time they share something.

I personally work on 4 different class rotations (Pally, Boomkin, Mage, Hunter).

Would it make sense to have sub forums for each class? This way you can just download the single .lua file and not affect everything else?

Seems a ton more efficient and would make sharing a ton easier.

Was just a thought..

Thank you!
    It would certainly make sharing easier, but if you look at someone like MrTheSoulz who has a ton of different profiles plus multiple libraries, this would end up being a huge lua file that would be a pain to look through.

NessK's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree and that would lend to a mindset of using the 'out of the box' scripting rather then going off the plantation. 90% are using the out of the box and 10% are not. Can we cater to the former rather then the latter?

StinkyTwitch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you overwrite the default rotation included with PE? To me that's a deal breaker as the whole reason for having the defaults is so you always have something that is known to work available in case things crash? Would you just download the individual .lua files and put them in the same sub directory as the class default? If so then you need to also edit Probably's .toc file to include your file. Now you are making end users edit files.

Much simpler to download an AddOn, unzip it, put in Interface/AddOns. I see what you are saying but a separate AddOn for an author's profile is much simpler in my eyes.
    "Shootings easy, Aimings hard!" Stinky

NessK's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have always done is rename the file paladin.lua to paladin.old and just drop the new paladin.lua in the folder. Boom done. And as far as the stock rotations that come in the base PE, well.. They are nothing to write home about.

@Stinky - Your saying just drop the whole folder into Addons that replaces everything in the folder. So you would lose any custom work that you've done.

Lets just leave this conversation alone. It doesn't appear that anyone is doing heavy customizations on their own and are happy to just have everything a single author has to offer. If I see something that I want to try, I guess I will download the persons whole zip, unzip and just copy his lua file. Hopefully he hasn't added something into the core files.

StinkyTwitch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why you would be changing anything in Probably unless it was bug fixing. Then I would send it to hackinte. The point is you keep Probably intact and default working. Most of the people here do not mess with Probably at all. Personally I have modified the unlocker .lua files to add in special targets. Its not something that is going to go into PE proper and having people mess with the core files gets messy. But yes you are correct we can leave this discussion be. Its just a difference of opinion.
    "Shootings easy, Aimings hard!" Stinky