7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isolate the HUD : test the HUD

Just a suggestion here for someone that has the resources to complete this experiment. With the recent warning that went out for anyone using the old HUD post patch "i", everyone is a little skittish. If anyone is able to make a new account and run HvC's recent "Anti-Cheat Blocker" version of HUD, I think that would be very helpful. This would need to be done on a new IP, and hopefully someone with resources to load a VM, and have the character in game for several days. It will be an ongoing experiment. The more time the character exists, the more confident we will be that the HUD is truly undetectable (for lack of a better word). If the dummy account gets banned, we will know that the HUD is detectable and not safe.

Is there anyone with the resources and spare VPN that can perform this study, and update us with tracking and status in this thread?

Isolate the HUD : test the HUD
    FrankTheCrazy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does not block the AC. It simply does not do anything that will CURRENTLY trigger it

Sikas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if they could turn off the anti-cheat, then what lol.

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We allready can disable the AC it's not that complicated but the wise strategy is to be stealthy as long as possible.

SpaceGuy119's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HvC View Post
    We allready can disable the AC it's not that complicated but the wise strategy is to be stealthy as long as possible.
    What is meant by "stealthy"? Is stealth not using the program at this time/ever? Is still not abusing the program by loading several instances (box farming). What is meant when you say "be stealthy"?

For the record, I still think this experiment is needed. Unless you're saying that it is detectable, then the experiment is unnecessary. If you're saying it is not detectable, I recommend the community test it on a dummy account, and bait out ggg

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpaceGuy119 View Post
    What is meant by "stealthy"? Is stealth not using the program at this time/ever? Is still not abusing the program by loading several instances (box farming). What is meant when you say "be stealthy"?

For the record, I still think this experiment is needed. Unless you're saying that it is detectable, then the experiment is unnecessary. If you're saying it is not detectable, I recommend the community test it on a dummy account, and bait out ggg
    By stealth I mean that instead of attacking the AC we keep making the HUD slip under the different detection methods, because if we start attacking the ac directly the cat and mouse game evolves and they'll start making more and more aggressive Anti cheat systems.

Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By stealth I mean that instead of attacking the AC we keep making the HUD slip under the different detection methods, because if we start attacking the ac directly the cat and mouse game evolves and they'll start making more and more aggressive Anti cheat systems.
    Very good. That's clear. Now are you suggesting that an isolated test on your HUD is not necessary? In other words, you are that confident with your coding, that the HUD is "safe"? (And I put "safe" in quotes because I'm aware that whenever someone uses a 3rd party program, there is some sort of risk).

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good. That's clear. Now are you suggesting that an isolated test on your HUD is not necessary? In other words, you are that confident with your coding, that the HUD is "safe"? (And I put "safe" in quotes because I'm aware that whenever someone uses a 3rd party program, there is some sort of risk).
    I have used my own hud since before and after the AC patch, I am not flagged, my friends that used my version are not flagged, friends who used maphack versions and switched later were flagged. I am confident in what results I've seen.

Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used my own hud since before and after the AC patch, I am not flagged, my friends that used my version are not flagged, friends who used maphack versions and switched later were flagged. I am confident in what results I've seen.
    Oh, that's good info then. Thanks for all you're doing. Hopefully we're able to keep this great program alive. Let's see how this situation evolves. Hopefully when the dust settles, GGG will be focusing on more important issues like implementing new shit in the game.

irgoto's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a question HvC your Hud u have is it just a 3rd pparty program to block the ac from seeing poehud or is your program a whole new hud itself with partials off etc..

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by irgoto View Post
    Just a question HvC your Hud u have is it just a 3rd pparty program to block the ac from seeing poehud or is your program a whole new hud itself with partials off etc..
    HvC's HUD just has the write hacks removed. He also does some things to scramble the PE header, but at this point that doesn't really matter I don't think.

As it is right now it seems like they are only going after bots and the maphack, but that could change any time.

irgoto's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do u have to run the scrambler.exe first or just the hud ?

sicktight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run the scrambler and point it to the executable. After that when you execute poehud the scrambler will initiate.

Thanks G/R
    7/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sicktight View Post
    Run the scrambler and point it to the executable. After that when you execute poehud the scrambler will initiate.
    If you get careless and run the hud without the scrambler, are you ****ed?

HvC's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/50
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get careless and run the hud without the scrambler, are you ****ed?
    The Hud will launch the scrambler for you if you forget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast