GUIDE to twink a lvl. 49 Rogue

Click here for my toon ---> TwistedBosnian

MAP OF THIS GUIDE

1) Intro
    2) List of items, enchants & professions
    3) Locations of items
    4) Enchants & professions

1) Intro

.: TwistedBosnian's way of twinking a lvl. 49 Rogue:.

One thing you need to know and remember about my toon (Rogue) is that he is well-balanced out. Many players twink their Rogue for max crit (Agility) and health (HP), however, I’ve found that having a little of all four essentials (Attack Power, Stamina, Agility, Health and Strength) for the rogue will prove to be far more effective.

You should also notice that I have two swords for you to collect (Bloodrazor and Thrash Blade), so you can either go with dagger/sword build or sword/sword build.
    If you mainly stick with dagger build, you can download an add-on from called 'Quick Weapon Switch.' This will allow you to create a macro and let you place the sword in the main hand and dagger in the off hand with a single click (hotkey). This is done after you have ambushed and backstabbed your opponent. Having the sword in the main hand gives nice, constant damage.

.: Advice .:

1) You will need a rogue. I recommend a Gnome because of the “Escape Artist.” spell.
    2) You will need a higher-level Rogue friend. Level 70 would be ideal, but is not required. This will make your twinking easier.
    3) Since you’re going to need lots of gold, you’ll need a high-level main for farming or some other way to obtain lots of gold.
    4) You will need to start gathering these items as early as possible, so that you don't ding (level) to lvl 50 while 85% twinked.

The reason I recommend finding a higher-level Rogue to help you is because they can stealth all the way up to the boss and kill him for a drop. By yourself you might end up running instances back and forth for a drop all night. Note that if you’re a low-level, you could run the instances, gather XP, and try to collect the items while you level. There are numerous of different combinations of how you can do this. The most important thing you have to remember is NOT to level to 50. Calculate and be careful!

Also, if you have any other ideas or suggestions, I will gladly hear them out. I hope that this guide makes sense to you. English is not my first language, so it makes it a little tough for me to explain myself.

2) List of items, enchants & proffesions

.: Weapons :.

1) (Dagger) Widowmaker ---> Link: Widowmaker - Items - World of Warcraft
    2) (Sword) Thrash Blade ---> Link: Thrash Blade - Items - World of Warcraft
    3) (Sword) Bloodrazor ---> Link: Bloodrazor - Items - World of Warcraft
    4) (Bow) Skull Splitting Crossbow ---> Link: Skull Splitting Crossbow - Items - World of Warcraft

.: Leather :.

1) (Gloves) Gloves of Holy Might ---> Link: Gloves of Holy Might - Items - World of Warcraft
    2) (Pants) Blackstorm Leggings ---> Link: Blackstorm Leggings - Items - World of Warcraft
    3) (Boots) Highlander's Leather Boots ---> Link: Highlander's Leather Boots - Items - World of Warcraft
    4) (Head) Embrace of the Lycan ---> Link: Embrace of the Lycan - Items - World of Warcraft
    5) (Shoulders) Phytoskin Spaulders ---> Link: Phytoskin Spaulders - Items - World of Warcraft
    6) (Chest) Fungus Shroud Armor ---> Link: Fungus Shroud Armor - Items - World of Warcraft
    7) (Cape) Blackveil Cape ---> Link: Blackveil Cape - Items - World of Warcraft
    (Waist) Highlander's Leather Girdle ---> Link: Highlander's Leather Girdle - Items - World of Warcraft
    9) (Wrist) Forest Stalker's Bracers ---> Link: Forest Stalker's Bracers - Items - World of Warcraft
    10) (Neck) Sentinel's Medallion ---> Link: Sentinel's Medallion - Items - World of Warcraft

.: Rings :.

1) Aquamarine Signet ---> Link: Aquamarine Signet - Items - World of Warcraft
    2) Blackstone Ring ---> Link: Blackstone Ring - Items - World of Warcraft

.: Trinkets :.

1) Arena Grand Master ---> Link: Arena Grand Master - Items - World of Warcraft
    2) Insignia of the Alliance ---> Link: Insignia of the Alliance - Items - World of Warcraft
    3) (Backup) Defiler's Talisman ---> Link: Defiler's Talisman - Items - World of Warcraft

.: Enchants :.

1) +26 Attack Power to ---> Gloves of Holy Might
    2) +24 Attack Power to ---> Forest Stalker's Bracers
    3) +12 Stamina to ---> Highlander's Leather Boots
    4) +12 Agility to ---> Blackveil Cape
    5) +150 HP to ---> Fungus Shroud Armor
    6) +100 HP to ---> Embrace of the Lycan
    7) +100 HP to ---> Blackstorm Leggings

9) +15 Agility to ---> (Dagger) Widowmaker
    10) +15 Agility to ---> (Sword) Thrash Blade
    11) +15 Agility to ---> (Sword) Bloodrazor

or

12) Mongoose to ---> (Dagger) Widowmaker
    12) Mongoose to ---> (Sword) Thrash Blade
    13) Mongoose to ---> (Sword) Bloodrazor

I also think with the new patch thats coming out will be able to enchant weapons with +20 agility.

.: Professions :.

1) Engineering - I'm still working on this, but you will get the picture.
    2) Elemental Leatherworking - Read below on Elemental Leatherworking to craft Blackstorm Leggings and other usefull items.

3) Locations of items

.: Weapons :.

1) WIDOWMAKER - You can buy this dagger at the Auction House. I bought it for only 40g.

2) THRASH BLADE - Obtained by Quest - 'Corruption of Earth and Seed', you need to visit 'Keeper Marandis' he is located at Nijel's Point in Desolace, pick up the quest from him slay 'Princess Theradras' then return back to 'Keeper Marandis'. 'Princess Theradras' is located in Maraudon, she is the last boss of Maraudon instance. Map location of Keeper 'Marandis' is below.

3) BLOODRAZOR - Farm lots of gold and buy this at Auction House.

4) SKULL SPLITTING CROSSBOW - Farm lots of gold and buy this at Auction House - the reason I got this weapon for my twinked rogue is because it gives +14 attack power, you could go with something else, but thats entirely up to you, I only use it to distract someone when they try to 'bandage' themselves.

.: Leather :.

1) (Gloves) Gloves of Holy Might - Farm lots of gold and buy this item at Auction House.
    2) (Pants) Blackstorm Leggings - Prepare for this one, we will need to be ELEMENTAL LEATHERWORK of 260 in order to craft these pants, NOTE that these pants are binded when picked up, which means you will not be able to buy them at AUCTION HOUSE or SELL. Below are instructions on how to get to ELEMENTAL LEATHERWORKING trainer and get plans to craft these delicious pants!
    Go to Ironforge (note that this can also be learned other places too) and learn 'Leatherworking' skill from 'Gretta Finespindle' she is marked on the map below

Once learned Leatherworking proffesion, you want to raise it to '50,' then you will have to visit 'Fimble Finespindle' also located in Ironforge. He will teach you leatherworking 50+, a map below will guide you to 'Fimble Finespindle'

Once you have learned higher level leatherworking profession, you will want to raise that up to '125', once again you are ready to raise your leatherworking skill so we will go visit 'Telonis'. Telonis is located in Darnassus, who will teach us leatherworking 125+, a map below shows his exact location

You are now one notch closer to Blackstorm Leggings, raise your leatherworking profession up to '200' and you will then go visit 'Sarah Tanner' at Tanner Camp in Searing Gorge, she will teach you 'Elemental Leatherworking' that starts at 200, her exact location is marked on the map below

Now you have learned 'Elemental Leatherwork' you will work this type of
    leatherwork up to '260' and come back to 'Sarah Tanner' to learn how to craft 'Blackstorm Leggings' along with some other very useful items that you can sell at the Auction House
    Once you have learned how to craft 'Blackstorm Leggings' you will need these items in order to craft them:
    10x Rugged Leather - buy at Auction House or farm it
    8x Breath of Wind - this one is TOUGH! you can check Auction house if there is any for sale, ask in the trade channel or you can farm it at 'Tanaris'. NPC called 'Gusting Vortex' drops these babies, but they are really hard to find <--- make a darn good note of that
    2x Cured Thick Hide - this can be created by 'Leatherworking' skill with 'Thick Hide' and 'Deeprock Salt' or you can simply buy from someone
    1x Rune Thread - this can be obtained from a Leatherworking suplier - in Ironforge from 'Bombus Finespindle'
    You are ready now to craft these babies!!! SO craft them and slap them on! ALSO remember not to REPLACE ELEMENTAL LEATHERWORKING SKILL with any other skill YOU MUST KEEP IT in order to ---> ---> ---> KEEP BLACKSTORM LEGGINGS <--- <---- <----
    3) (Boots) Highlander's Leather Boots - these can be obtained at Arathi Highlands from 'Samuel Hawke' he is the Arathi Basin vender, his location is marked below on the map - note that you will need lots of honor points and Arathi Basin marks to get anything from the vendor

4) (Head) Embrace of the Lycan - this head piece is dropped by 'Chief Ukorz Sandscalp' in Zul'Farrak instance, he is located at the very top of the hill behind the wooden gate that raises after you have defeated the bad alliance NPCs - he is surrounded by the snakes, his exact location is marked below on the map

5) (Shoulders) Phytoskin Spaulders - this piece drops by 'Razorlash' in instance 'Maraudon', he is also marked on the map below

6) (Chest) Fungus Shroud Armor - this chest piece is dropped by 'Meshlok the Harvester' he is a 'RARE' elite, map below will also show his location in 'Maraudon' instance

7) (Cape) Blackveil Cape - this is the one where I recommend you get a level 70 Rogue to help you out, its a higher level instance (lvl 55-60) and there are dogs wondering around that can SEE STEALTH, the high level rogue will not have any trouble geting to 'High Interrogator Gerstahn' who drops this cape in 'Blackrock Depths' but you will, take your time to follow the high level rogue to 'High Interrogator Gerstahn', if you die you will have a LONG hoof (run) back so be careful and take your time, map below shows where 'High Interrogator Gerstahn' is located, good luck =) its a good cape

(Waist) Highlander's Leather Girdle - these can also be obtained in Arathi Highlands from 'Samuel Hawke', note that you will need honor points and Arathi Basin marks to get anything from this vendor
    9) (Wrist) Forest Stalker's Bracers - these can be obtained in 'Ashenvale' from 'Illiyana Moonblaze <Silverwing Supply Officer>' she is the WSG (Warson Gulch) vender, here is a map below of her location, you will need to play WSG (Warson Gulch) battle ground to get some honor and marks to buy anything from her

10) (Neck) Sentinel's Medallion - this item is also obtained in 'Ashenvale' from 'Illiyana Moonblaze <Silverwing Supply Officer>
    This is all for Leather lets move on to RINGS! note that Neck item is not leather =)

.: Rings :.

1) Aquamarine Signet - Look for a Jewlcrafter to craft you one of these, he/she has to have Jewelcrafting level 210
    2) Blackstone Ring - 'Princess Theradras' drops this ring in instance 'Maraudon', you cant miss her, she is very big and ugly, but I've marked her exact location on the map below anyway. She is the last boss in the instance

Thats it for rings!

.: Trinkets :.

1) (UBER Trinket) Arena Grand Master - this is a Quest item - you need to pick up the quest from 'Short John Mithril' where he will send you to collect 12 Arena Master trinkets from the Gurubashi Arena chest. The gurubashi chest with the trinkets in it is placed every 3 hours (12pm 3pm 6pm etc) in Stranglethron Vale. Map below will show location of 'Short John Mithril' and the 'Arena' which is located in STV (Stranglethorn Vale)

2) (A MUST !!!) Insignia of the Alliance - this trinket only costs '2,805' honor points and can be bought at the 'Champions' Hall' from 'Master Sergeant Biggins' in 'Stormwind' city, here is an exact location of 'Champions' Hall' below

3) (Backup) Defiler's Talisman - you can use this trinket once you have blown your 'Arena Grand Master' because it has a 15 minute cool-down, this trinket can be obtained at the AB (Arathi Basin vendor) in Arathi Highlands, scroll up for the map

4) Enchants & professions

.: Enchants :.

This is an easy part, all you need is LOTS of GOLD. Ask in trade channel for those high level enchants. You can also ask your guild if anyone can enchant your super duper items, it will cost you a lot less then buying from a stranger. If you don't remember which enchants go where, scroll up to the top of the guide

.: Professions :.

1) Engineering - you can go abouts doing this, I am still in process of doing this
    ENJOY!
    Last edited by ggqqhaha; 10-02-2007 at 08:18 PM.

GUIDE to twink a lvl. 49 Rogue
    GanjalfTheGreen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GUIDE to twink a lvl. 49 Rogue

VERY NICE GUIDE!! +rep!

Hallowsend's Avatar 滚开! 大声笑。I 是令人敬畏的。
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Guide

maso420024's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any tips on fighting or specs? and for english NOT being your first language this is a very well thought out guide. Good job.

muhaahaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good job dude but i wouldnt have +100hp on legs id rather have +40 stam (400hp) and +12 agil (nethercleft leg armor)

SardonRayne's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent guide, very well detailed. I liked how you showed where to
    get every item you listed too.

And to the idea of the +40 sta, +12 agi armor kit for leggings, they require
    level 60 to USE, and a level 49 could not use them on their leggings.
    Also it cannot be applied in the trade window either. So only a pair of
    BoE leggings could be enchanted with an armor kit such as that. Which
    could make a pair of green(of the tiger, or monkey) leggings better than
    the blue ones listed, even with the +100 Health.

+rep to the OP if I can. ^.^
    "Come on baby! I got blessing of protection!"
    ~Illegal Danish~

ggqqhaha's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by SardonRayne View Post
    Excellent guide, very well detailed. I liked how you showed where to
    get every item you listed too.

And to the idea of the +40 sta, +12 agi armor kit for leggings, they require
    level 60 to USE, and a level 49 could not use them on their leggings.
    Also it cannot be applied in the trade window either. So only a pair of
    BoE leggings could be enchanted with an armor kit such as that. Which
    could make a pair of green(of the tiger, or monkey) leggings better than
    the blue ones listed, even with the +100 Health.

+rep to the OP if I can. ^.^
    well said, thank you for taking the time to explain, much appreciated

:beerbang: ---> SardonRayne

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by maso420024 View Post
    Do you have any tips on fighting or specs? and for english NOT being your first language this is a very well thought out guide. Good job.
    i have many tips on fighting, this is my highest toon so far and i am very skilled at 1 v 1 in 49 bracket, i could simply also write a fighting guide for a lvl. 49 Rogue twink. as far as the specs, it all depends where you want to go, sword or dagger,

sword= constant high DPS (damage)
    dagger/sword = burst DPS (damage) because of ambush and backstab

as far as the tips, they could get very long, if you are very interested i will write a guide for the lvl. 49 rogue pvp techniques

p.s. i am bit disappointed from my last nights battle grounds, ive been away to europe for a month therefore i am very rusty at pvp, so let me re-cooperate =)
    Last edited by ggqqhaha; 10-03-2007 at 04:59 PM.

xkillerb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice guide +rep definitely, but I would make a couple of changes.. Although I'm dagger spec, which needs the high crit.

Here is my profile, Zatoichii I'm still working on getting the trinket from Jintha Horde quest, Rune of the Guard Captain. The gloves you have, and the rest of the enchants.. I also need to change the enchants on my weapons, but so far I do well with this gear.

These are the changes I would make..
    Head - Helm of fire
    Ranged - Precisely Calibrated Boomstick You Can find this in the AH sometimes.

Be prepaired the fungal shroud armor and the Phytoskin Paulders may take a while to drop.....

Rogue twinks FTW.. =)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by xkillerb View Post
    Nice guide +rep definitely, but I would make a couple of changes.. Although I'm dagger spec, which needs the high crit.

Here is my profile, Zatoichii I'm still working on getting the trinket from Jintha Horde quest, Rune of the Guard Captain. The gloves you have, and the rest of the enchants.. I also need to change the enchants on my weapons, but so far I do well with this gear.

These are the changes I would make..
    Head - Helm of fire
    Ranged - Precisely Calibrated Boomstick You Can find this in the AH sometimes.

Be prepaired the fungal shroud armor and the Phytoskin Paulders may take a while to drop.....

Rogue twinks FTW.. =)
    thank you friend,

i already have the helm of fire, occasionally i whip it out and blow the 15 min cooldown, then switch back to my other head piece, trust me the head piece i have equiped now is better then the helm of fire =)

as far as the Precisely Calibrated Boomstick <--- i may get this piece, it does have +14 agiilty instead of the attack power that i aim for, my toon is more of a attack power player rather then agility, i simply ambush, backstab, and place sword in the main hand for a finish, so that AP ends up being better for me

p.s. good luck on your toon buddie, you are close =) hey, nice pants :eek4dance:

you should also come play wsg, id like to see you in there =) so we can do some 1 v 1 pwnage
    Last edited by ggqqhaha; 10-03-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Bagger's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Job! =)

xtase2007's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt read everything but it seems like a perfect guide i bet u spent ALOt of time doing this! +rep!

Pete II.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh, i've a dagger specc

wielding Thottbot World of Warcraft: Gut Ripper and Thottbot World of Warcraft: Shadowblade

20 agi is allready available... c&p? haha

concerning the legs Thottbot World of Warcraft: Serpentskin Leggings
    with Thottbot World of Warcraft: Nethercleft Leg Armor is way better...

here is a nice alternate chest (for the lazy ones like me, who doesnt want to camp a rare)
    Thottbot World of Warcraft: Blazewind Breastplate a simple quest chain...

15 agi on gloves, and 12 sta on wrists...
    better than the atp imho, and i agree, the boomstick is a better choice than the crossbow...

jm2c

.://edit//:. mmh, specc link isnt working, too bad... 22 / 0 / 18
    Last edited by Pete II.; 10-04-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Pete II. View Post
    mmh, i've a dagger specc

wielding Thottbot World of Warcraft: Gut Ripper and Thottbot World of Warcraft: Shadowblade

20 agi is allready available... c&p? haha

concerning the legs Thottbot World of Warcraft: Serpentskin Leggings
    with Thottbot World of Warcraft: Nethercleft Leg Armor is way better...

here is a nice alternate chest (for the lazy ones like me, who doesnt want to camp a rare)
    Thottbot World of Warcraft: Blazewind Breastplate a simple quest chain...

15 agi on gloves, and 12 sta on wrists...
    better than the atp imho, and i agree, the boomstick is a better choice than the crossbow...

jm2c

.://edit//:. mmh, specc link isnt working, too bad... 22 / 0 / 18
    the only thing im interested in your post is the pants + nethercleft leg armor, as far as the boomstick i already said im more focused on attack power not agility, replacing the bow would mean replacing few other things

anyway, some useful advice but i would like someone else to confirm that Serpentskin Leggings + Nethercleft Leg Armor is better then my 'Blackstorm Leggings'

if i replace the pants and the bow, i will most likely replace all attack power and simply just be ambush/backstab criter, BUT this is the way i twinked my toon, and it does well =)

i also play dagger, widowmaker/thrash blade <--- at lvl 49, for rogue, there is no BETTER weapons, thrash blade comes VERY handy, ambush, backstab, place thrash blade in main hand, go for the kill, the extra attack is what makes it really good, ive had it proc 3 times in the row for me
    Last edited by ggqqhaha; 10-04-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Cakewalk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your really getting good at writing guides

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast