Does anyone here have any experience running a bot network to make gold to sell? menu

User Tag List

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here have any experience running a bot network to make gold to sell?

Hi!

I've been running bots in games since the Diablo 2 early days, and it has always intruiged me, and I have never been afraid of running bots and getting banned. (Got a few accounts banned so far, heh.)

But lately I have been watching heaps of druids framing Stonecore all day for gold.
    I ran my lvl 100 boomkin in there, and I averaged out to around 2200g per hour, this was without botting.
    Of course if you bot, you are naturally going to gain a bit less gold per hour, but it's still an OK amount of gold.
    Now of course, you could get better profiles that go other places, other instances, and always find better ways to earn gold.

However, my question is this: It would be pretty easy to set up an extra computer with let's say 5 accounts running 12 hours at a time each, 7 days a week, and making about 20-25,000g per day, per account. This is around 120,000g per day.

If you multiply that by 30, you get 3,6million gold per month. Now if you sell this at around 0,3 USD per 1000g it comes out to be $1080 per month.
    Now this obviously heavily outweighs the cost of the account up-keep, and you could easily run more accounts over more computers and make even more money.

Does anyone here have any solid hands-on experience with this?
    Any tips/tricks?

( EDIT: My math might be complety bonkers, as I am terrible at math. )

Does anyone here have any experience running a bot network to make gold to sell?
    Trixiap's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dungeon farmers are usually banned after 72h

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trixiap View Post
    Do you have any legitimate proof of this? I've ran dungeon profiles on main accounts before for several weeks at a time ( 6-10 hours per day) without bans.

Fumi's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they run 24/7.

i've been thinking about making a bot myself, just 1 druid farming shit, my only concern is that blizzard will ban my HWID or IP, and i cant change ip (work issues)

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fumi View Post
    If they run 24/7.

i've been thinking about making a bot myself, just 1 druid farming shit, my only concern is that blizzard will ban my HWID or IP, and i cant change ip (work issues)
    The way I have thought to combat that is to set up a virtual machine with WoW on it, run the bot on that, and run everything through a paid VPN to mask the IP.

Fumi's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    The way I have thought to combat that is to set up a virtual machine with WoW on it, run the bot on that, and run everything through a paid VPN to mask the IP.
    yes, i also though about renting a server, and run the bot though Teamviewer.

because just running my PC from home will decrease the value gained from the bot, by alot.

Lawl011's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been farming Dungs for 20-22hours a day for 1 month solid no bans 6 accs

ImogenOC's Avatar Contributor ProbablyEngine Community Manager
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ This
    Althought I tend to do so in spurts and have it on record that 'I am on adderal' *wink*
    ProbablyEngine - Developer and Lead Support
    A Powerful Rotation Bot: ProbablyEngine

Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fumi View Post
    yes, i also though about renting a server, and run the bot though Teamviewer.

because just running my PC from home will decrease the value gained from the bot, by alot.
    I would really like to see server capable of WoW botting

Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    Do you have any legitimate proof of this? I've ran dungeon profiles on main accounts before for several weeks at a time ( 6-10 hours per day) without bans.
    Can´t really give you any "legitimate proof" it is just based on ban reports that I read on buddy forum. And yes, you can be lucky and bot it without ban. It is same as paid VPNs. Some ppl on them receive ban faster than ppl without them etc. Imho it is better to build your own VPN than buy some public VPN that Blizz can easily track.

But as always it is lottery. Some1 will be banned after 1week, some1 after 1 month and some1 after 1 year of botting.
    Last edited by Trixiap; 01-02-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like to see server capable of WoW botting

Can´t really give you any "legitimate proof" it is just based on ban reports that I read on buddy forum. And yes, you can be lucky and bot it without ban.
    A server in this situation is just a generic term of a computer that has a function to allow it to be used for certain functions. Not a server per se.

Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn´t change my reaction. I don´t know about any company, that is hosting gaming PC as servers. If you know about some, please link it since I would rent some.

Also you must include HW cost to your math, since 5acc per pc are ok, but more then that is really expensive.

And don't forget about time that you will spend with micromanagement of accounts
    Last edited by Trixiap; 01-02-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Ales Kolman Bagari's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here it goes in my expirience:

From 0 to hero (joke)

Cost:
    1 account (mop means max lvl 90) = 4 eu
    licence to bot x1 = 25 eu

means best way is having 5 license and 15 accounts ( ea account bots 8 hours per day with reloging and doing diffrent profiles) not suicide- suicide = last 7 days of game time unless you want to keep em *safe* and pay for game time which i dont recomend.

Gold earning:
    Mix profiles is way to go via reloging system.
    1 account will earn 10k per day and if you have 15 accounts = 150k per day *alot or not* depends for who

And i noticed something never bot server time gmt+1 23.00--> 2:00 got few bans when i botted at this hour and when i stoped my accounts lasted longer or just luck.