Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PE]Gainz Arcane Mage Rotation (Raid Ready)

Made this for my personal use and sharing for anyone interested. The rotation is based on the one posted by Icy Veins. Will be making tweaks as I go, but overall the DPS seems to be within atleast ~7% - %5 of simcraft values.

Currently not supporting mirror image or arcane orb. I haven't put them in because I personally don't use them for this spec.

Hotkeys:

Left shift - AoE rotation, which is pretty much just spamming Arcane Explosion.

Left control - places down a Rune of Power if you have chosen the talent.

Left Alt - places down a Prismatic Crystal when entering a burn phase, also cast SuperNova based on criteria set by Icy Veins.
    Notes:

- PE will cast ice floes on the move followed by the usual rotation based on priority. If you don't have ice floes then it will just cast arcane barrage under the right conditions.
    - Make sure to cancel channeling Evocation (hit escape of jump) when your mana reaches 100% because PE won't do it for you, and the extra down time will just be a DPS loss
    - Place your ability trinkets in the second slot if you want it be used on cooldown

- This profile can only be used in English locale since there were issues with the Spell ID for Evocation and Rune of Power

NOTE: would recommend making an in game macro to toggle PE on and off and key bind it. I find there are some things during encounters that are best not automated. Such as using ice block, time warp, pots, amplify magic, etc. So I just toggle off PE when I need, do whatever I need to do, and then switch it on again.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the code better, or feel free to do it yourself (just remember to share it )

Update:

23/12/14 - Added support for Prismatic Crystal and updated conditions for SuperNova
    20/12/14 - Arcane missiles now fire when proc'd during burn phase (use to only fire when capped). Got to ~5% simcraft value when tested.
    17/01/15 - Updated rotation to work better on the move with Ice Floes. Updated out of combat raid buff check (credit to ImogenC). All Arcane Missiles will fire before casting Evocation. Made some minor adjustments to some priorities.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gainz; 01-16-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Update 3

[PE]Gainz Arcane Mage Rotation (Raid Ready)
    [H]itman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see an Arcane Mage profile! Will try as soon as I get my mage to 100!

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, thinking about also making a profile for frost and then fire if I have some time. Also profile should work while levelling, though haven't tested it yet

hass's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried this out, a couple of things that I think result in a large DPS loss.

It's using 2 Supernova's at the very beginning of combat, even before using Arcane Power.

You also mentioned you aren't using PC, so I assumed it would use as many arcane missiles as possible during Arcane Power, but it sat at 3 charges for the whole burn phase, making the talent practically useless.

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I mentioned I still need to tweak the conditions for supernova. Plus I made it so arcane power only activates during a burn phase (as stated by Icy Veins).

The burn phase is based of evocation cooldown and not Arcane power as it is double the time compared to evo.

yup for the burn phase I made it so it only fires off 1 arcane missile when capped. Just looked it up and realised it was wrong. Will fix it up when I get the chance.

EDIT: Fixed the arcane missile problem. Have yet to add conditions for SuperNova though
    Last edited by gainz; 12-20-2014 at 01:31 AM.

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:
    23/12/14 - Added support for Prismatic Crystal and updated conditions for SuperNova

Mackdaddy2887's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gainz View Post
    UPDATE:
    Nice work.
    Cant wait to try!

Make sure to cancel channeling Evocation (hit escape of jump) when your mana reaches 100% because PE won't do it for you, and the extra down time will just be a DPS loss

Add this line right above the Evo line:
    {"!/stopcasting", {"player.mana >=99", "player.channeling"}},

Evo is the only channeled ability correct? Anyways, ill be happy to test this once my mage is 100

automationarmy's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably (no pun intended) a noob question but.. with the upload just being the lua file.. how does the heirarchy look? id imagine it doesnt go straight into addons? Probably_nameoffile/luafile?

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure what you mean klepp, but it pretty much just replaces the default arcane mage routine that comes with the addon

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mackdaddy2887 View Post
    Add this line right above the Evo line:
    {"!/stopcasting", {"player.mana >=99", "player.channeling"}},

Evo is the only channeled ability correct? Anyways, ill be happy to test this once my mage is 100
    Yup Evo is the only channeled ability. I'll add that in when I can, or feel free to do it yourself. The codes pretty straight forward since I'm not a pro coder or anything. I've been playing around with honorbuddy recently so haven't been able to do much with this profile

EDIT: doing a few changes and just realised this won't work because arcane missiles is also channeled
    Last edited by gainz; 01-16-2015 at 09:28 AM.

gainz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:
    17/01/15 - Updated rotation to work better on the move with Ice Floes. Updated out of combat raid buff check (credit to ImogenC). All Arcane Missiles will fire before casting Evocation. Made some minor adjustments to some priorities.