0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FPS issues with scripts

Ive been a long time user of PE even back in MoP and always tested and had fun with scripts, ever since the release of FH 64bit and PE and also BadBoy ive had nothing but issues with a drop in FPS specially in Dungeons the profiles will completely drop to around 7FPS making it unplayable if i turn off the profile in the dungeon its fine but then it loses all purpose i might as well play normally then.

In the open world it does drop also but not as bad as if i was in a dungeon, i cannot pinpoint why it is doing this ive defragged my HD, lowered wow graphic settings to low instead of fair ive changed my windows power settings to balanced, and still getting these drops.

My specs are E7400 2.8ghz 4gigs of ram 1gig radeon 5700 series graphics card, yes my comp is old but i can still play wow.

Right now im sitting in wow with just FH loaded and no profile enabled im getting 85fps when i start combat it will drop down to about 50fps I enable NOCARRIERS BM HUNTER profile and it drops to around 30fps which is ok i can still play, i queued for a dungeon and soon as combat started my FPS was around 5fps i had on Multi target thinking that could be an issue so i took it off nope still 5fps so i disabled the profile and the game fps went back up to 33fps.

My question is why is this happening? back of my mind says my computer but then why is it running ok without the profile enabled, and as i said before i never had this issue when there was a 32bit version of FH and i was playing MoP fine with PE scripts.

**Update tried NOCARRIERS WW MONK profile and didnt have any fps loss at all so its only some profiles not all.
    Last edited by Starkey2009; 12-08-2014 at 04:32 AM.

FPS issues with scripts
    ImogenOC's Avatar Contributor ProbablyEngine Community Manager
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never encountered these issues before, honestly. PE can do a full simc rotation and not drop a frame. Frame loss is typically due to poor parsing or coding. (Not saying NoCarrier is bad, he's amazing at what he does.) everyone makes mistakes, pros are no exception. He likely has external functions or unit scanning that is causing this. Single Target / Proximity AOE shouldn't drop frames ever.
    ProbablyEngine - Developer and Lead Support
    A Powerful Rotation Bot: ProbablyEngine

Kranjcar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have same issue using themrsoulz holy paladin rotation.
    As soon as fighting starts, it's freezing frames and stuttering.
    A simple relog of the game will fix it temporarelly.
    From what I've tried; it seems to occour after a few loading screens or the game being active for a few hours.

There doesn't seem to be any addon or anything taking up hugh amount of memery, but somehow wow.exe goes up to 1300mb ram on 32bit (using olua) and 1800mb Ram using Firehack.

I hope this info is somewhat useful for debugging.

StinkyTwitch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its most likely any code that has to do with interacting with the ObjectManager for getting multi-target conditions. Some peoples computers tank when the object list gets very high. If you are using a rotation that does this, go to their thread and give a detailed breakdown of where you were and what you were doing (zone, mobs, etc...) and what state PE was in such as the toggles.

Starkey2009's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, yeah i was thinking its not my computer cause if it was then profiles disabled it would be crap fps, I've let mrsoulz know cause the frost dk profile started doing it as well it never used too so im guessing changes have made it laggy again, and the Badboy addon i use for feral is just terrible i get massive fps loss also it acts like my graphics card cant keep up, my game pauses every few seconds i even fraps it for the dev to see what im getting but she said her's was fine so i dunno.

StinkyTwitch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally you can try running this script when you notice a huge dip in FPS.

Code:
    /script local total_objects = ObjectCount(); print(total_objects);
    That will print out the total number of objects that FH is tracking right now. It may or may not help with troubleshooting but it could provide a correlation to rule it out.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by StinkyTwitch View Post
    Additionally you can try running this script when you notice a huge dip in FPS.

Code:
    /script local total_objects = ObjectCount(); print(total_objects);
    That will print out the total number of objects that FH is tracking right now. It may or may not help with troubleshooting but it could provide a correlation to rule it out.
    will do im about to do a dungeon using ake ret paladin profile will see how that goes, had no issues i ran the script anyway to see the highest count i had was 228
    Last edited by Starkey2009; 12-08-2014 at 04:55 PM.

ImogenOC's Avatar Contributor ProbablyEngine Community Manager
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be your tracker system. I'm co-dev'ing with Mirakuru a really impressive auto-dot that seems to kickass without frameloss
    ProbablyEngine - Developer and Lead Support
    A Powerful Rotation Bot: ProbablyEngine

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might of fixed my fps issues my Warcraft was on a different partition D: drive which is a crappy 5400rpm drive my main drive C: drive where my windows and my program files are is a 7200rpm drive, so im guessing the old drive cannot keep up, its either that or Badboy new UI update fixed the fps issues, but that doesnt address PE profiles cause they are fine now too meh maybe it was the location of where WoW was, so wow is now in C:drive now.