Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account Trade Scam

This is directly from the World of Warcraft TOS:

"Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any authorized transfer of the World of Warcraft software (as set forth on the worldofwarcraft.com web site) will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software. You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer is a violation of this Agreement and may result in suspension or termination of the Account."
    This is one term of the TOS that can be used against Blizzard. Let me explain.

If you steal some ones account, disenchant their stuff, and send all their gold, shards and BOE's to your account, which you "traded" them, then proceeded to steal your account back, Blizzard says right in its TOS:

"Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts"
    So if they don't recognize the trading of accounts, then what would it be considered?

Simple... account sharing.

"You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you. You are liable for all uses of the Account."
    So heres how it works:
    1. You say in general chat you want to trade your account with someone. This part is your job, I'm not going to give away a bunch of methods. Your best bet is to act inteligent (I.E. Begin all your messages with capitals and not using 1337 $p34k or Internet slang)
    2. You're going to get tells from people accusing you of scamming, you might even get a scammer who is trying to scam you, don't give up.
    3. You find someone who is interested. Proceed to trade accounts with them. I would suggest giving them the wrong password and proceeding to change their password as fast as you can.
    4. Disenchant their gear, steal their gold and any BOE's they have. Don't be mean and destroy all the stuff you can't take. Don't delete their characters either.
    5. It takes about 4 minutes to recover a lost password. This is how much time you should allocate for yourself to do this.
    6. They log back on, find everything is missing. Don't log on the character you scammed them with, you'll get some nasty tells and be inclined to talk back. This won't help your cause.

Congratulations, you are a few hundred gold richer.

Theres a beauty behind this scam though.

"You are liable for all uses of the Account."
    There, right from the TOS. They shared their account, they got burned. You win. IF YOU BREAK ANY OTHER TERMS OF THE TOS WHILE DOING THIS YOU COULD GET BANNED (Trash talking, insults, etc.)

This is pretty much unbannable. Blizzard would be treading on thin ice legally if they broke their own TOS. Personally, I've gotten away with it a few times without even a GM whisper.

Enjoy.
    P.S. This is probably one of the last topics I am going to make. I recently quit the game and just wanted to share this with you guys.
    Last edited by Sym; 10-22-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Account Trade Scam
    Innit's Avatar W͈̮̝̉͌̀ͩÅ̻̗̗̼̩̣͉̽Î͙̳ ͚̑ ̌͌ͯ
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Account Trade Scam

Nicely explained, the quote could be put into quote tags

[Quote ](<---No space here and [/Quote]

But please don't double thread

Sym's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Innit
    Nicely explained, the quote could be put into quote tags

But please don't double thread

Sorry about double threading (twice). These posts take a long time to type, and when I submit it, it asks me to log back in, then I see two topics. I'm using IE7 RC1, that might be the problem.

Anyways, I prefer to use quotes instead of quote tags because it makes it easier to type, maybe I'll fix it if I have time later.

Innit's Avatar W͈̮̝̉͌̀ͩÅ̻̗̗̼̩̣͉̽Î͙̳ ͚̑ ̌͌ͯ
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Sym
    Sorry about double threading (twice). These posts take a long time to type, and when I submit it, it asks me to log back in, then I see two topics. I'm using IE7 RC1, that might be the problem.

Anyways, I prefer to use quotes instead of quote tags because it makes it easier to type, maybe I'll fix it if I have time later.
    Hehe no Probz, +rep btw

myojinyahiko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is an awsome idea, useing blizards rules against them, but i mean its their game/their server..their home.. its like saying u can come into their home and jack the couch..but they wotn be able to do anything..thats my guese..but hell its a dam good idea, +rep

Kelindel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All they have to do is claim they never traded and that you got thier account

info without thier knowledge via keylogger, email hack w/e. and your account

is done

Any player found to be involved in compromising the security of another account may have any and all related accounts closed. This may include accounts found to have knowingly received items/money transferred from a compromised account. We will conduct a review of both the compromised account and the account(s) that received the items/money and action the account(s) based only on the information gathered through our investigation.

Sym's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Kelindel
    All they have to do is claim they never traded and that you got thier account

info without thier knowledge via keylogger, email hack w/e. and your account

is done

Not likely, they actually do "Investigate" when you report a compromised account, and would see them give you their information. Anyways:

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Password, whether or not authorized by you. Also, note that the security of the Account is your responsibility. Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible in the event that the Account is "hacked," or if the Account or your computer is damaged by a virus, or for any other issues with your computer or the Account.
    If you gave your password away, you aren't really "Maintaining the confidentality of your password". As stated before, I highly doubt you will get in any large amount of trouble for this. Just don't overuse it, and definitely don't break any other terms in the TOS, because they'll crack down hard.

Kelindel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying its a bad idea just gotta be carefull sending the stuff back to your

main account or you might lose more then you bargained for

Khrak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What this comes down to is scamming and you can definately be permabanned for it.

There is no point trying to skirt the rules, it won't make you immune to bans.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Blizzard.
    There is no "legal thin ice" for Blizzard when closing account. It's THEIR account. You don't own anything. If they decide to close your account you can't do anything about it.

That being said, I'd suggest you find a gold selling company that is looking for gold on that server and sell them the gold. Then just buy gold back on your server (or keep the $$). If anyone gets banned it will be the gold sellers.

Gora90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job!
    /congrats
    It does work! i've gotten 2 epics so far! Yeserday i had a GM tell me "No account selling!" and i simply replied "But i read the TOE and it doesn't say anything about account Traiding!" and i havn't heard from him yet! Thanks man i owe u 2 epics and a lvl 25 Tauren warrior!