0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wildstar dying?

I've noticed forum activity has slowed to a crawl here as well as my own server dying.

How many of you are still reversing wildstar?

Wildstar dying?
    Miscr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya Wildstar is losing players. Players who cant handle it mainly. Crying about difficulty and such.
    Hope Carbine doesnt pull a Blizzard and dumb the game down so much Retard could win.

Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to say it's dying off. Like Miscr said, the difficulty is too intense for casual players, which elitists find disdainful but company's are realizing are a large demographic. That and the insane amount of grinding you have to do kinda makes the game a bore. So, yeah, I'd say the game's dying :/

iidwestii's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember when servers used to be full

includao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't fix certain bugs, like items turning white with no stats (at best, if you complain a lot, you can get a 3p compensation for a 10p item). They can't fix guild master losing their attunement progress (their response is "start another character"). Their scripting and server-client architecture is basically spaghetti and/or kludge code, so there are emergent complex bugs that they can't replicate or trace since beta. It's like half of their team has low IQ and the other is highly competent (because the game has many qualities).

Gaffney, president of Carbine, said the majority of MMO players are solo players. Funny thing, lots of RNG, poor itemization are things solo players hate because grinding in this game requires many neckbeards with the same time schedule that you have.

But the game will get better. They just lost the opportunity to be a really big breakthrough
    Last edited by includao; 08-23-2014 at 12:13 AM.

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have never released Wildstar in the state it was in. The performance issues were simply unacceptable for me, especially when considering the poor graphics. I can play Crytek 3 or id tech 5 games on highest settings, but WildStar is a slide show. I've tried all the performance enhancing tricks I could find on forums, but none really made it significantly better.

Anyway, that is my reason for stopping to play after less than a month. I also don't think the game had anything to offer aside from the excellent combat system.

Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Avcai View Post
    I'd have to say it's dying off. Like Miscr said, the difficulty is too intense for casual players, which elitists find disdainful but company's are realizing are a large demographic. That and the insane amount of grinding you have to do kinda makes the game a bore. So, yeah, I'd say the game's dying :/
    It's not about difficulty at all. The problem is just that I don't have anything to do because I don't want to join a guild. Theres nothing I can do as a solo player except ****ing dungeons, dailys and adventures.

I'd like to farm mounts and other stuff, like the winterspring frostsaber in wow or the raven lord etc. This is all not possible in Wildstar.

Trixiap's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It hurts me to say it, but yes. Wildstar is dying because it has many gameplay issues that can´t be easily fixed (nothing to do when you don´t have spot in raid) and many engine/game bugs that are not fixed.

Wildstar had very great ideas and it is still one of better MMOs but it will probably end with small "hardcooore" community.

Stabsincerity's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Miscr View Post
    Ya Wildstar is losing players. Players who cant handle it mainly. Crying about difficulty and such.
    Hope Carbine doesnt pull a Blizzard and dumb the game down so much Retard could win.
    It's far from difficulty that is the issue... the raid and dungeon mechanics are retardedly easy; but it's okay I'll excuse you for confusing difficult and tedious.

The issue is the game still felt like a beta (for me) constant bugs, constant minor fixes that don't improve gameplay.

Aside from a decent combat system, the game brings nothing new.

Anyway, back to WoW until WoD hits I suppose
    Last edited by Stabsincerity; 08-23-2014 at 04:28 AM.

wombats's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Wildstar is definitely dying - that's something I've noticed about 1 month after they we're going live.
    While their community work is superb, everything else was horrible.
    The content consists mainly of pure grinding and grinding, this was okay many years ago as people weren't used to do quests and other solo things.
    The European market is not used anymore to such stuff.

Instances and co were pretty much useless in every way, exp-wise and equip.
    Also you couldn't progress as guild if you didn't play all the time together, that was also an urgent problem.
    We had about 300 players in our guild, were pretty much the biggest one on our realm and got all the first kills from the zone bosses.
    Still we couldn't manage to get the full influence after they patched it, as many of us were playing in little groups. People that played alone, farming and doing quests weren't included.
    I kept saying "this game isn't group orientated, its fixated and that will probably break the neck of the game" and this was the first big mistake they made.
    Playing in a group should something rewarding, nice - but still it shouldn't be something thats required to progress.

Not to mention the huge amount of exploits and other stuff that really gave some people huge advantages and so on completely destroyed the competition

I'm pretty sure the game will co-exists like SWTOR but never reach its full potential it could have.
    Short said, they missed the opportunity and made to many mistakes.

It'a shame, I had for the first time pretty big hopes.
    In the end I often felt like that the trailers/videos were the only thing that were actually really good and entertaining.

~greetings

mykki's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Avcai View Post
    No you're wrong. Too hard for casuals not rly, too hard for bad players yes rly!. Please use right terms Im casual and i dont find game hard.

And how so insane amount grinding? For what?

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stabsincerity View Post
    Anyway, back to WoW until WoD hits I suppose
    lol bad news for you buddy: Press Releases - CCP Games

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoD is pulling players to the beta. The difficulty is hindering some people because I think they have differing expectations of what they think they want versus what they actually want.

Difficulty is about struggle, but people make all kinds of excuses about why the struggle shouldn't be this way or that. The honest truth is you don't have highs without lows.

Wildstar will maintain a solid playerbase I think, and maybe over time it will grow. The environment for MMO's has changed and the explosive growth of a game just won't ever happen again without some extremely engaging gameplay hook that lasts more than 30 days without having to constantly be tinkered with. That means it will have to be something procedurally generated with enough variation and yet balanced to challenge and keep people engaged. Fact of the matter is people say they want quests and story, but so many people just click through it. People say they want great itemization and yet want balance, but so many people just wait for the few theorycrafters to finish their analysis and follow the guide. People say they want challenge and difficulty, but anytime there is actual struggle so many people just seem to bail out and blame the game or other players.

People need to stop worrying about what everyone else is playing and just play what you like. If you don't like the game and everyone else does don't feel left out over it, go find a game that makes you equally happy.

Teh Canadian's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped playing because I had nothing to do, was Beloved with every reputation and attuned. Bugs that were not fixed since launch pissed me off the most. I have CREDD that is still active but I just don't care, I bought up and controlled most of my server. Wildstar required a big amount of my personal time I did not want to give.

includao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by seafunk View Post
    I also don't think the game had anything to offer aside from the excellent combat system.

If it weren't for certain aspects of the lore, combat system and dungeon mechanics, this game would be terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast