0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf?! Model Edit illegal??

You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience

that's some of the agreement text

wtf?! Model Edit illegal??
    kekeke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: wtf?! ModelEdit illegal??

ORLY??? Damn, thats some fresh news!!

Opey's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what they are probably meaning with that is that you may not use things like campfire --> darkportal to achieve things other players wouldnt be able to achieve. But little things like giving your armor , pet, and such things only of your own character should be legal, I had a quite expanded discussion about it with half my realm and a GM, so just watch how far your model editing goes and you can keep yourself safe.

BlueHazard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i dont think changing files for yourself would really affect the 'wow' experience... unless of course as stated above did something you wernt spose to be able to do

squeeker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but adding a speech2.mpq to the game folder is not changing a file, since that speech2.mpq is not really there in the first place. well it wasn't in my wow folder when I changed my warlock mount for nelf cat mount.

Klutch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by squeeker
    yeah but adding a speech2.mpq to the game folder is not changing a file, since that speech2.mpq is not really there in the first place. well it wasn't in my wow folder when I changed my warlock mount for nelf cat mount.
    You can't read, eh?
    Originally Posted by Trustdale
    You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience

Model editing isn't illegal, but it is against the rules and CAN get you banned.

Nueronious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Opey
    what they are probably meaning with that is that you may not use things like campfire --> darkportal to achieve things other players wouldnt be able to achieve. But little things like giving your armor , pet, and such things only of your own character should be legal, I had a quite expanded discussion about it with half my realm and a GM, so just watch how far your model editing goes and you can keep yourself safe.
    Hay I am one of those people so lay off. Anyhow I just use that edit for finding and exploring places.
    I've been here since Vanilla. God, I have no life.

squeeker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Klutch
    You can't read, eh?

Model editing isn't illegal, but it is against the rules and CAN get you banned.

I do believe that I can read, since I am posting on a forum, neh? Show me speech2.mpq in the original instalation of World of Warcraft, mister know it all. It's NOT there. And if I model change, I'm using that file, speech2.mpq, I'm not modifying any "files that are part of a World of Warcraft installation". Thus I am not breaking any rules. If the statement would have said "do not add any files that World of Warcraft recognizes as valid and use them to change yaddayadda" then I would think that qualified as breaking a rule.
    But since its not, model changing looks "by the books" to me.
    Anyway, I've been using changed models since I started playing World of Warcraft more than a year ago, and I used third party programs to enhance my online gaming experience and nothing has happened to my account. Not a single temp ban, only a warning once via ingame mail, for calling some noob retarded, but that is completely another matter, hehe.
    If at any time in the future I get suspended banned for doing something that makes me enjoy the game better, then I am cancelling my account, no second thought about it.

idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by squeeker
    I do believe that I can read, since I am posting on a forum, neh? Show me speech2.mpq in the original instalation of World of Warcraft, mister know it all. It's NOT there. And if I model change, I'm using that file, speech2.mpq, I'm not modifying any "files that are part of a World of Warcraft installation". Thus I am not breaking any rules. If the statement would have said "do not add any files that World of Warcraft recognizes as valid and use them to change yaddayadda" then I would think that qualified as breaking a rule.
    But since its not, model changing looks "by the books" to me.
    Anyway, I've been using changed models since I started playing World of Warcraft more than a year ago, and I used third party programs to enhance my online gaming experience and nothing has happened to my account. Not a single temp ban, only a warning once via ingame mail, for calling some noob retarded, but that is completely another matter, hehe.
    If at any time in the future I get suspended banned for doing something that makes me enjoy the game better, then I am cancelling my account, no second thought about it.
    Its basically considered a mod.........
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity

Klutch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation

Your are modifying a game model. Thus it is against the rules.
    You are changing a game file that's part of the WoW installation.

Either way you look at it, your violating the rules.
    IF you seriously think you're not breaking the rules, go ask on the customer service forum on the official forums. The CM's will tell you it IS against the rules.

Darg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Klutch
    Your are modifying a game model. Thus it is against the rules.
    You are changing a game file that's part of the WoW installation.

Either way you look at it, your violating the rules.
    IF you seriously think you're not breaking the rules, go ask on the customer service forum on the official forums. The CM's will tell you it IS against the rules.
    [/B]
    (i) this one is not broken by model editing using 3rd party software

(ii)this one is so use the right one...oh and so far no ban just for edits...with new warden im not even going to try getting on or using darkportal until next PTR or if i eventually get another account

lol im basicly saying money, time, and memories would be wasted if i did something wrong again like MCing on accident when warden was first upgraded.

Nueronious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone it is very clear what the TOC and EULA say! The fact is that model editing is illegal however that has not stoped anyone from doing it.
    I've been here since Vanilla. God, I have no life.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Darg
    (i) this one is not broken by model editing using 3rd party software

(ii)this one is so use the right one...oh and so far no ban just for edits...with new warden im not even going to try getting on or using darkportal until next PTR or if i eventually get another account

lol im basicly saying money, time, and memories would be wasted if i did something wrong again like MCing on accident when warden was first upgraded.

On a trial accoutn i went in the middle of if and turn the mailbox into a dark portal, agarentee some people reported me (One i know for sure did) and this is the same account i got a temp ban for going to GM island on, and that relz has hacked on and ive done a bunch of **** with model editign in the past week with still NO BAN! Just thought you might like to know

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: wtf?! Model Edit illegal??

Theres alot in there that goes ignored... Including this talking about names.......

Originally Posted by ToS
    11. Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " "Britneyspears", "Austinpowers", "Batman")

12. That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflcopter", "xxnewbxx", "Roxxoryou")

13. That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, "titles" shall include without limitation rank titles (e.g. , "CorporalTed," or "GeneralVlad"), monarchistic or fantasy titles (e.g., "KingMike", "LordSanchez"), and religious titles (e.g., "ThePope," or "Reverend Al").

You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.

Fajita's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: wtf?! Model Edit illegal??

lol, so true