What would YOU want from a gold website? menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

KingJarvis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would YOU want from a gold website?

Hello there! I'm currently looking to open and create my own World of Warcraft Gold buying and selling website. I've grown tired of offers like $.30/1K Gold from big companies and then on their site sell it for $.80/1k or higher.. I get it, that's their business and they have mouths to feed. My idea behind this is to help the WoW community through WoW gold, as odd as it sounds. Sure, some look at buying gold or selling it as rule breaking, but take a look at the every day guy or girl.. You don't have time to sit on a computer 14 hours a day to make the gold needed to buy this mount or that mount. You work 9-5, 7-3 and then have kids, wives, husbands, whatever to deal with. I will be blunt: Yes I will make profit. I want to create a stable buying department that will buy at a consistent price from beginning to end of the expansion. In the same respect, I want to do the same with selling. Is this style the most profitable? No. When some sites are selling at $1.35/1K Gold and I'm at $.90/1K Gold, I won't make more money per 1000 Gold but I will save you money, while making enough to be satisfied. I'm young with a bright future ahead of me, so I don't need this to survive. It's my hobby, just like it's YOUR hobby. Buying will be in the same zone: When some sites are offering $.80/1K to buy your gold, I may be at $.70/1K Gold.. But when they're at $.30/1K Gold, like now, and making a KILLING off your gold for pennies, I will be at $.70/1K, even if I'm only selling at $.75/1K Gold.

I hope I made my message clear that I want to make money, while helping you either 1) get a comfortable deal on selling your gold or 2) help you advance in the game by providing a fair-priced gold source. This is about taking shortcuts. But in our society, we need to. Shortcuts can be good in instances like these.

My question for the community is: "What would you like to 1) see on a WoW gold buying/selling website 2) experience while going through either transactions 3) Common issues you see when buying/selling gold with other sites and 4) and other ideas that come to mind." I NEED your feedback. This is a site that will be solely constructed on the ideas and emotions that come from our community. I have a vague idea of what I want as I've played the game for far too long, but I'm not Superman. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please feel free to message me or comment below, I will answer each and every one.
    Last edited by KingJarvis; 06-27-2014 at 03:08 PM.

What would YOU want from a gold website?
    Mcpastry's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Professional looking website, with fluent English (not to be racist, but the language that you choose to sell in should be fluent). Just doing this, rather than simply trying too hard to sound "real/authentic" will set you apart from the rest.
    2) I have only really bought gold off websites which I rarely do now as I got scammed. The process as well is just too much of an effort since the "Live" chat operators can barely speak any English at all.
    3) Mentioned above.
    4) Like I said, just a slick interface and fluent English will be amazing to see in a Gold Merchant Site.

Looking forward to it if this does go ahead.. Good luck buddy!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mcpastry. Thanks a TON for the feedback. I can't stress it enough how important it is. I actually had the idea of offering a Skype, face to face, call while I deliver the gold while I'm small! I can literally walk with you through EVERY step. The website will be as fluent as possible as you mentioned, so thanks for that, but like you said I know the customer support groups that are outsourced can be quite difficult to communicate with and that's something I think a natural born American can handle

qapl123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option to purchase gold via Auction House. This is the safest way to buy gold and the only way I'll do it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    qapl123, can you please elaborate? I've heard of the method, but I've never done it. I heard there are huge AH fees by doing that, which may upset either the buyer or myself. If you can just briefly explain how it works that'll be great.

(I should also mention, nothing against what you've said, but I've sold over $2000 worth of gold and I've yet to even get a GM chat. Trading gold in general is relatively safe as long as you're not dealing with the Chinese dealer, who's in game name is cehvcwvucu.)

qapl123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is a fee of 5% when trading same faction AH, but it is safer than the normal method.

I bought gold once and immediately got warned by a GM so I will only do it via AH now.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay thanks a lot man. If you don't mind, can you briefly explain how the process would go about? Like how does the seller get it to you? And is there anyway you think even the AH process could be improved?

Tyyra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It basically works like that: buyer puts an item (no matter what) on AH for the amount of gold he bought from you - the seller (you) buys it - done.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh really? Alright, thanks Tyyra. There are some serious pros and cons to that method, so I'll do the research about how to safely execute it. Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely be open-minded to different trade methods to make the buying community feel comfortable.

sup2266's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    35 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just couple ideas/questions that came up after I read the post:
    - if you want to pay the sellers better money thats all nice and you will most likely get plenty of supply but with higher sell price the service also has to be better than the competition, Quality of the service to me also means not just being able to speak english fluently but to deliver goods quickcly after payment.
    How do you plan to achieve that?

If you are going to buy gold on demand like most of the better paying re-sellers do then the customer will often have to wait like a day for gold delivery (especialy on the low/medium pop realms) and thats not the best quality service in my opinion.

If you plan on storing some gold in guild banks so you have it available instantly you have to be prepared that the guild banks will get banned sooner or later and I dont think you can cover up the loses by earning 0.1USD/K.

What about CC chargebacks? I am pretty sure you can avoid most of them by being careful and doing some background research of every buyer but again sooner or later it will happen and u gotta cover the loses.

Lets talk about gold suppliers, you are bound to find a scammer here aswell sooner or later some kid is going to open up a ticket and try to get his 30K gold back which is gonna result in either the buyer loosing just the gold which you HAVE to replace to him (some extra compensation to keep up your good name would be also good) or worse scenario the buyer loosing his account or even worse your guild banks with milions of gold in it getting banned (I believe one story like that was even posted here on OC - a reseller loosing milions of WoW gold because retarded kid scammer opened up ticket to get back his 30K).

Even if you could overcome all those issues then there is another problem, you just cannot ignore market price of the gold just because you want to.
    If 99% of other gold sellers sells for 0.5USD/K no matter how good your service is there wont be many ppl using your service if u wanna sell your gold for 0.9USD/K.

Anyway I wish you good luck with your project because like many others I would love to sell my gold for higher than 0.5USD/K.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup2266,

You bring up some very interesting points. I will try my best to hit all your main points.

To start, my ideal is to start the website small in the sense of only buying and selling on Medium to Higher Population servers. Since I will be doing all trades personally, it will be near impossible to hit all servers. I know for some this may be frustrating, but as time goes on I hope to hit all servers accordingly. This will allocate a lot of time to focus on the servers I am on, and therefore speed up delivery time.

Moving onto the delivery process, I want to take a different route than others. On a normal gold website, you purchase the gold, your money is sent to them and then you're at their mercy until they decide to contact you to trade the gold. A method I would like to try is the following: You figuratively "purchase" (but don't send money) the gold and an email is sent to my e-mail (Almost like Blizzard's ticket process for answering questions.. Just faster). From there, I will set up a meeting time with you and give you the option to have a face to face Skype call to talk (or text if you prefer) about the process. Once we arrive out our chosen time, I will give you the PayPal information and you send your money to me. Once I receive the payment (PayPal is instant for those unaware), I will directly jump into the game with you and hand you your gold. With this, you don't have the anxiety of your money missing for too long, but your gold not delivered. Physically, I can't match the 20 minute service some sites claim to offer. From your e-mail I can guarantee a meeting within 24 hours while the site is in it's beginning stages. Once I feel overwhelmed, I will begin to reach out to the people who have offered their help and recruit them for filling the void accordingly. The same applies to selling gold to me. You get a quote, I get an e-mail and we meet. As soon as I hit that accept button, I will then begin the process of sending you, your dues.

Many may be critical of this idea: I have to wait up to 24 hours to get what I want? I have to wait up to 24 hours to sell the gold I want to sell? Only one person does this? My vision for this site isn't to sell you a product like every other gold site. I want to provide a service. For those who're tired of cheap prices, here's a way out. For those who're tired of overpriced gold, or grinding for hours to get the gold they need, or missing life experiences because of freaking in-game currency, here's a way out. If you want a product, I can give you 10 great websites who will be happy to take your money. If you are willing to understand my situation, if you are willing to build this site with me, I'm willing to make the sacrifices.

The idea of sacrifice brings me to your next point. Holding onto PayPal payments are as simple as taking screenshots to prove they don't deserve a refund. In-game is tricky, but with MULTIPLE "bank accounts" which are essentially accounts of mine stationed on multiple IP addresses that are all linked with all the guild banks, if one account goes down, I have 7, 8, 9 more which are able to re-access the gold. Blizzard will not take gold out of a guild bank, therefore the worst damage a charge back could do would ban a Battlechest account. I don't expect there to be much issue, but to say it won't happen would be foolish. I am prepared I may lose some fights. Luckily, I've been botting and selling gold for over 8 months now, and I've lost a HELL of a lot of gold and money doing what I've done, but I've also gained a hell of a lot more by TRULY LEARNING from my mistakes and moving forward. I will fight to keep this going, but in the event I find charge backs are a constant occurrence, I simply move on to a new idea. I want people to look at this website as a way to get what they deserve, and hopefully they will respect the community that builds around my service.

To your final issue, I understand market price is an issue and as painful as it is for me to say, I now understand a constant, one price per expansion just won't cut it. However, there are ways to buy and sell uniquely. Such as, if a price is going to change, a one or two week heads up so you know to dump your gold, or load up on gold before hand. No site offers this. I once dealt with an OC member in particular who's buying price one day was .5/1k, then .3/1k then .2/1k then .4/1k. I felt cheated as the price went down and confused when the price went up. Nor did I know if the price would continue to go up and if holding my gold was a viable option. There will always be a safety margin involved with buying and selling, I think everyone understands that. I just want to make mine as small as possible to make an impact on this market. I'm coming to the realization that buying at .7/1k and selling at .8/1k leaves me in a bad position and just won't make the cut. But if Site A buys at .5/1k and sells at $1/1k, and I buy at .65/1k and sell at .9/1k, I could make it work, while still beating the competition.

There are a lot of "ifs" that still need to be figure out moving forward. This is something that will take time and research to pull off undoubtedly. I'm so excited for this project, I tend to lose a sense of reality and questions like this really open my eyes to things I need to look at. If my reasoning isn't sufficient, if my answer has a hole in it, please feel free to politely critic my ideas. Again, my site isn't aimed to answer 10,000 buyers and sellers a day, nor will it bring in those numbers at the start. However, if it does expand to that point, I am willing to adjust to the changing circumstances. I understand as word of my community builds, I will need to begin to recruit buyers and sellers to help me in my effort. The beginning will require patience, as studying will only get so far.. The real world throws curve balls at you, you just can't read in a book or article. But I truly believe that trying to do the right thing, will guide this project to new levels. Thanks for your time Sup2266
    Last edited by KingJarvis; 07-18-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Jimbo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I hate about gold selling websites is the "safety measures" that most of them have.
    Too often have I ordered gold/CD-keys on a website claiming to have almost instant delivery, only to have it be delayed for 24+ hours and have them asking me to sign no-refund agreements and to send scans of my passport.

The no-refund agreement are simply a hassle, but there's no way I'm sending scans of personal documents to complete strangers, in foreign countries, simply to buy a few thousand gold.
    Luckily I've never had any issues with them refunding my cash when I refuse to do so.

They usually want to phone you as well, I find that extremely annoying. If they don't phone immediately after the order, then I'll have go the rest of the day waiting for that phone call, hoping that it doesn't come in the middle of the night due to different time-zones.

I doesn't sound like you'll be doing any of this, but I just thought I'd share what I do NOT want from a gold selling site.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, absolutely Jimbo. That's equally as important and thank you for that. My plan is to get personal with a buyer or seller IF that's what they choose to do over the Skype call while we trade. Besides your first and last name, your PayPal email (to confirm payment is from you) and WoW character info, I won't need more. I don't want to be intrusive on anyone's environment, I want to be welcomed. To your point, and a point I would like to discuss: after speaking with a member of a logistics team from Citi (where I work), we discussed the idea of customer service and how the customer is literally the lifeblood of any company. It's such a cliche but it's true. So here's a question for you guys: Some sites are able to deliver the gold within 2 hours (sites such as PlayerAuctions and what not have those type of deliveries available). But some sites that offer this service do what was mentioned (take your money, delay you, call you way later, ask for intrusive information, etc.). And some users on sites find ways to scam you like I know from personal experience. To my question: Are you willing to book a transfer appointment (Wait time: Between 1 hour- 24 hours from your initial request email) that allows you to sit face to face with me and walk through the whole process (For a much more fair price)? And not have your money taken before the actual time of transfer? For some, the quality and comfortability of the trade doesn't matter, it's about speed. Realistically, my service won't be the fastest if you order at 3 A.M on a school night. I won't be able to meet until I'm home (But I will e-mail you back when I wake up and discuss when an appointment later that day would work for both parties). I want to get an idea of how many people are comfortable with the idea of possibly trading a couple hours for true quality trades aimed at the customer's wants. Essentially, I want to blow away my possible inability to delivery within 2 hours, with great service.
    Last edited by KingJarvis; 07-29-2014 at 08:46 PM.