5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] Veteran "War of the Wilds"

OK ladies, with the latest patch carbine has drasticly increased the difficulty of the "War of the Wilds" adventure to the point where many people believe its impossible. Well . . . its not!!. The main change for the silver/gold requirements is that you need to also complete the optional objectives making it last longer. In this guide i will lead you trough the adventure and explain some tactics me and my team used to succesfully tackle this adventure.

Time investments:
    The main change with the update is that this adventure lasts longer. For the silver medal you can expect atleast 20minutes, and for gold atleast 30.

requirements for the medals
    Bronze Medal:
    simply complete the adventure no fancyness

Silver Medal:
    5 more enemy champion kills then your teams deaths, meaning if you have no deaths in your team only 5kills are needed 1 death you need 6 kills and so on

13/13 totems captured

1 optional objective.

Gold Medal:
    5 more enemy champion kills then your teams deaths, meaning if you have no deaths in your team only 5kills are needed 1 death you need 6 kills and so on

13/13 totems captured

2 optional objectives

Optional objectives, what are they?:
    With the patch you now need to complete the optional objective in order to be eligible for silver/gold medals, you need 1 and 2 successfully completed objectives respectively. From what my team have encountered there are 6 different objectives coming at the 10minutes after the start of the adventure and 10minutes after completing the first objective.

Survive 2 minutes:
    Just what it tells you there, survive for 2 minutes. Dont die and your set.

kill 4 enemy champions (4minutes):
    this is realy easy. Just kill 4 enemy champions and your set. With the 17-06-2014 patch you no longer need the killing blow aslong as atleast 1 party member has tagged the mob making it allot easier then before.

Capture 3 energy nodes (5minutes):
    Simply capture 3 points and it should be done. Also this objective will only spawn as the first optional and not the second.

Capture the Ancient Shrine (2minutes):
    There are 3 ancient shrines on the map, indicated with the S on the map. The easiest on will be the middle shrine guarded by hoarfrost. In order to unlock the shrine you need to kill the guardian and then you will be able to capture the shrine. You only need to capture the shrine within the 2 minutes, you can already start killing the guardian before that. Also this objective will only spawn as the first optional and not the second.

Kill 20 Moodies (3minutes):
    Same as the kill 3 enemy champions but this time 20 moodies. With the 17-06-2014 patch you no longer need the killing blow aslong as atleast 1 party member has tagged the mob making it allot easier then before.

Kill targeted Champion (2minutes):
    1 of the enemy champions will be marked for kill. Split your team and scout for it, when someone finds it they call for assist and the team jumps in for a kill. Easy objective but can be allot of rng finding the actual champion

Map:

Tactics:
    Go with the group and cap the totems quickly untill you have 7~8 totems in order as shown on the map. After that you need to wait for the first optional objective. During the wait period kill Hoarfrost and wait in the middly for the first objective to pop up. The reason you want to kill hoarfrost is that 1 of the optionals that can be chosen is to capture the ancient shrine. This way IF that objective is chosen you just simply cap it and your done. If you have any other objective check it in the previous section, but make sure the enemy champion wont cap the shrine as this will "cupcake" you over.

After you finished the first objective its a waiting game untill the second apprears. The second objective will appear 10minutes after completing the first one. It is not possible to get the same objective twice. Again check for the objective details in the previous section. If you havent gotten the ancient shrine as your first objective make sure you stay close to the center to prevent enemy captures, or atleast leave 1 person near it at all times.

After the second objective is completed it is simply cap all the totems and push for the enemy totem. In order to get gold you need all 13 totems. If everything went right and you got the objectives done and got the other requirements for silver/gold you got yourself a fancy medal.

Capture 3 energy conduits tactic:
    This is just speculation from my part but the way we think this objective work is to cap the grey flags. Just go the normal route but dont cap totems 4 5 and 6. You can kill the guardian at totem 4 as that one is unlikely to get capped early on, but leave the guardians at totem 5/6. This way your team will only have 4~5 totems before the waiting game kicks in. At this point everything is as explained in the previous section with the change that you cap the 3energy conduits asap if it is that objective.

Hopefully this has answered all you questions you had about this adventure. The patch has certainly increased the difficulty of this adventure but has made it allot more fun in my opinion. Any questions you still have you are free to dump in the comments and ill do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 06-20-2014 at 06:28 AM.

[GUIDE] Veteran "War of the Wilds"
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide, well formatted and lots of information. +Rep
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    Good guide, well formatted and lots of information. +Rep
    thanks i mainly wrote this to help my guild out as i couldnt find any proper tactics after the changes.

As of 17-06-2014 carbine has changed some things in War of the Wilds.

War of the Wilds
    • Shortened up the timing of strategy objective population.
    • The "Don't Die" strategy objective will now automatically complete and grant credit if the Giant Moodie Totem is destroyed while it is active.
    • Strategy objectives that require players to kill champions still require at least one player tagger, but no longer require a player to score the killing blow.
    • The strategy objective that requires players to kill a boss has had its timer lengthened and will no longer populate as the second strategy objective.
    • Players will no longer receive a strategy objective requiring them to take control points as a second strategy objective.
    • The strategy objective that requires players to kill moodies no longer require players to score the killing blow.

What i can make out from this is that it overal is allot easier, especialy now that you dont have to get the killing blows but rather just have it tagged. But most importantly the capping the energy conduit objective is removed, making gold allot less rng as this objective was bugged and impossible to complete. Tactic wise nothing has changed and my tactic should still be solid, will return back when i have had the chance to check it out.
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 06-17-2014 at 05:40 AM.

pepe2c's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide +rep. Thx god i got everything i needed from this adv bfore the patch. Now im trying 2 farm siege and trail but they are quite hard 2 get gold with pugs =P

Firga's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one but since last update requirements are changed, just had 2 runs,both times we had more then 7 kills and 0 deaths, all totems and both optionals, once we got silver, other time bronze...

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one but since last update requirements are changed, just had 2 runs,both times we had more then 7 kills and 0 deaths, all totems and both optionals, once we got silver, other time bronze...

"The strategy objective that requires players to kill a boss has had its timer lengthened and will no longer populate as the second strategy objective.
    Players will no longer receive a strategy objective requiring them to take control points as a second strategy objective."

Also this is incorrect, we received objective to take 3 totems(control points) as second strategy objective so they mean 2 in a row(second one can't be same as first one) or their notes are incorrect

Edit:No clue how did my post duplicate when I gone for edit O_O

BlackMagician's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for this guide.
    Was looking for some clear information and tactics which you have covered here.

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Firga View Post

"The strategy objective that requires players to kill a boss has had its timer lengthened and will no longer populate as the second strategy objective.
    Players will no longer receive a strategy objective requiring them to take control points as a second strategy objective."

Also this is incorrect, we received objective to take 3 totems(control points) as second strategy objective so they mean 2 in a row(second one can't be same as first one) or their notes are incorrect

Edit:No clue how did my post duplicate when I gone for edit O_O
    there seems to be something bugging up some times no clue what is causing it but im 99% certain the requirements i posted are correct as ive gotten gold with as little as 5kills 0deaths. On your second note i wend by the official patch notes, there it is stated it is not supposed to be poppin up the capture objective.

@pepe2c siege isnt to hard its execution and to a certain degree dps on unlucky tank/bunker spawns, other then that its a total rng ****. For trail, first off install entspy. Trust me youll love me long time for it. Basicly this addons allows you to track all the supplies making it piss easy to spot them. Aside from that the choices for the fastest run are 3rd option, 1st option, camp here, 1st option, 1st option and 2nd option.
    check out this post for explanation, it also covers the other 3 adventures.

edit:I have now run WotW several times with the tactic posted, nothing has changed at all other then that the objectives are easier to complete.

blackhype's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide, I just need to find a group that won't leave every time something screws up.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as I said,they broken SOMETHING with last update.

First try:
    We died few times but we had 15-20+ kills, 12-1 totems, both optionals(1. Don't die 2. Capture 3 totems) and we got Silver
    Second try:
    We died 0 times, had 8+ kills, 13-0 totems, both optionals (1. Don't die 2. Kill targeted hero) and we got Bronze
    Third try:
    We joined with guy who said he got today 3 golds in a row and he led us(kinda normally just bit different way)but in the end we failed second objective we missed 1 moodie and destroyed main building so we got Silver (Which is right in that case)

No clue where is the problem but around wildstar forum I saw few people complaining about same problem:/

Anyhow i got my attunement done and won't ever try again wotw until I see its totally bug free xD

Good luck to others who still goes for WotW gold!

P.S. 3 totem objective is also fixed in last update so it works now BUT you can get it as second optional

stefmao's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a gold run today myself.

We captured 13 points, we followed the similar tactic OP suggested (capturing order). Also, we had to get really lucky with the second objective, that said, second objective was something that no one mentioned : Kill targeted Champion (1:59 min) . This is one of the worst you can get . You have to kill a specific champion and the only way to find out who he is you must to read the dialog ASAP.

Now things get worse, if this is your second objective you'll most likely be waiting for time to pass at the Xroads (Flag 9). However, if hero has been just killed or he is a stalker or a slinger the chances to find him in the huge pack of mobs is ridiculously low. So even though they pushed the changes they added again a luck/rng factor that sometimes makes you wait for no reason.

If i compare WOTW to Tempest Refuge, it is like the design team was split in two :/

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stefmao View Post

We captured 13 points, we followed the similar tactic OP suggested (capturing order). Also, we had to get really lucky with the second objective, that said, second objective was something that no one mentioned : Kill targeted Champion (1:59 min) . This is one of the worst you can get . You have to kill a specific champion and the only way to find out who he is you must to read the dialog ASAP.

Now things get worse, if this is your second objective you'll most likely be waiting for time to pass at the Xroads (Flag 9). However, if hero has been just killed or he is a stalker or a slinger the chances to find him in the huge pack of mobs is ridiculously low. So even though they pushed the changes they added again a luck/rng factor that sometimes makes you wait for no reason.

If i compare WOTW to Tempest Refuge, it is like the design team was split in two :/
    Well people say tactic for that is to split your team up and follow every champion so in case u get that objective the guy who sees champion u need use T(call for assistance) so u all get him fast, when I did it their champions were stuck in their base fighting with our minions so we kinda just jumped in and tagged every champion and finish edit easily but again, You may get unlucky as You say to get objective to kill dead champion

Also in tempest refuge there is huge RNG factor, if u wanna farm easily I suggest You crimelords,its sure gold, RNG free.

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stefmao View Post

cheers for reminding me i knew i forgot 1 objective. Havent had that spawn for me at all so didnt think of it.

malulululu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the new patchnotes, it was made alot easier

Thanks G/R