0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them

After having played Wildstar through a lot of closed beta, all of open beta and all of the headstart so far I have come to compile a short list of my favorite addons and why you should get them. I find most of these addons incredibly useful some more than others and I have decided to share my list with you guys to make your Wildstar experience even better than it probably already is. So without further to do lets get started.

My Number 5: Biji Plates
    This addon is more of a preference to me. I feel like it does well to organize mob and node health/resource better than the vanilla UI does. If you were a fan of TidyPlates from WoW you will enjoy this addon. The threat of a monster works similar with Biji as TidyPlates did and Biji almost looks the same as a couple TidyPlate skins. This addon isn't exactly required or even heavily recommended to be honest, but it is a nice cleanup and for those of you who are used to TidyPlates Biji Plates will make you feel right at home.
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-18fbc7d8e78c887266c49fda824e2766-png

My Number 4: Better Quest Log
    Ok don't get me wrong I like Carbine and what they have done with the game....but DAMN the quest log is a mess. The right side of the screen is cluttered as all hell and lets face it, you have gotten the bug where all the sudden like 6 quests overlap in the log and you can't read a single thing. Better Quest Log is your lord and savior for these issues at this point. First and foremost it unclutters the right side of your screen by a marginal amount and gets rid of the overlapping bug. Secondly it colors all of your quests in a nice organized fashion based on difficulty. Not only does BQL fix some of Wildstars quest log issues it also adds some extra functionality such as tracking how many group members are on your same quests. So if you are questing with a friend there won't be anymore asking "Hey are you on this quest too?" simply check out the quest log and you will be golden.
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-9e284ee79d7e5311bed5a30726283393-png

My Number 3: PotatoUI
    Now not to bag on Carbine, but the general UI of Wildstar feels a bit cluttered to me and slightly hard to read(whats hp whats shield etc) compared to other mmos I have have played and thats why PotatoUI makes it to #3 on my list. This addon feels and looks a lot like the Pearl unit frames addon for WoW. It is minimalistic and clean. There is almost no way to confuse what bar is what resource for your character...it would take a real special kind of special to get confused with it IMO. This great addon paired with a ~.6 UI scale cleans up the UI a lot for me and makes it much more bearable.
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-09c4dd4b5ad867217ae5ceaec6a297d9-png

My Number 2: TrackMaster
    TrackMaster makes it all the way to #2 on my list. TrackMaster is a jack of all trades when it comes to tracking. It can find you the nearest mailbox, your current target, the location of your current clicked quest from the mini quest log, a waypoint you set on the map, who/whatever your current focus target is and with the addition of some extra modules such as TrackMaster: Farming, TrackMaster: RareTracker, TrackMaster: Objectives and a few others that will be left out of this post you are also able to track farming nodes, rarespawn creatures and any/all extra quest pointers such as collecting items off the ground etc. What I mean by track of course is the addon will draw a line of green->purple dots to your current tracked object to guide your way all the way there. This addon makes it as easy as following bread crumbs

My Number 1: Ayth_Quest
    Ayth_Quest is a quest helper esq addon that will draw lines to quest objectives to help show you where they are. In a less short hand, one of the many features I greatly enjoy is the new quest locator. Ayth_Quest will draw green dotted lines from your character to any quest giving NPC you haven't gotten a quest from up to 250m away from your character. Ayth_Quest will also do the same for NPC's that are waiting for a quest turn in from your character. After you have used this magnificent addon to get yourself some good ol' quests Ayth will use white/grey dotted lines to direct you towards locations and questing nodes IE: if you need to heal 5 wounded guards, any guard within 250m of yourself will have a line drawn to them. Though Carbine did a great job with the quest tracker due to taking many notes from WoW and their addon community, the natural quest tracker will always be topped by this powerhouse questing addon. Props for the find of this addon go to Dante and his post HERE
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-a037317037a634617da628e327f01386-jpg

Added 6/3/2014: JunkIt
    JunkIt is a addon to aid in the rapid/quickest selling of items possible. It will sell all your junk(hense the name) with the touch of a button. For those of you that are/were WoW players it is similar to crapaway and other addons such as that. It also has an auto repair upon opening up a vendor that can repair, and other things of that nature. The addon also supports filters so you don't sell your new epic loots or your important crafting materials that you would like to keep.

Added 6/3/2014: TapThat
    Ok so TapThat probably is my second favorite addon now behind Ayth_Quest. Whenever you have a tap/click event such as spamming F or hitting F at 2 specific times while it scrolls across a progress bar TapThat will automatically complete it for you. That means 1 of 2 things. 1: we can be lazy as all hell and 2: maximum efficiency in quests that require click events such as the ones mentioned above. If you do not have this addon GET IT ASAP

Added 6/6/2014: GatherBuddy
    Ok so remember that one addon TrackMaster that I recommended for node gathering and stuff and regarded it as the best? Ya well I retract my previous statement because there is a new boss in town. GatherBudddy is an absolute monster addon. Like honestly holy moly. It does more than 1 node at a time is my favorite part just check this picture out If you have been using TrackMaster for the purpose of collecting nodes please trust me and make this switch ASAP
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-38c67024df3990d072af5f95e6cadc29-png

Added 6/6/2014: CheatSimon
    At the recommendation of HugeDeuce(a poster in this thread) I have decided to add CheatSimon to the master list. This addon will automatically complete the simon says esq game/event in WildStar without you having to move a muscle.
    WARNING
    There have been some posts from WildStar admins and mods regarding how effective their addon system is. How its more effective than probably some bots even in the near future and how they are not sure how they feel about it. CheatSimon is one of the addons on their list of bugaboos so I am not saying you are guaranteed to be banned or even at risk of being banned(a high risk anyway), but the fact of the matter is this addon is very close to macroing so if you are banned I don't take responsibility for it, it was your choice to use the addon. You have been warned use at your own risk.
    My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them-9da945da0a14054e5ca6b6db3e8f371f-png

============================================================================
    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
    Carbine has announced that they are not entirely happy about how overpowered a lot of these addons coming out are. For instance most of the ones that draw lines everywhere and give an unfair advantage to some players. It is very possible that these addons will be considered macroing in the near future. After cross referencing their so far list and speculated list with the one brewing in this thread we have scooped up a few. Among them are:
    CheatSimonExtra Care
    Ayth_Quest
    TrackMaster
    TapThat/Extra Care
    These 4 addons are potentially red flagged now and I don't recommend gratuitous use of them by any means. I am not 100% sure the validity of the claims made about them, but I do know that TapThat and CheatSimon are under the scope. As for the other 2 they are just potential evils. I will say I am not responsible for any bans(though they are unlikely) proceed to use these 4 addons with caution until further notice. You have been warned
    Last edited by Selvyre; 06-06-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    Coding Experience: Java: 8 years, c++: 4 years, python: lolk, c#: might as well be java, AutoIt: 1 year

My favorite Wildstar addons so far and why you should get them
    pepe2c's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only1 i have been using since day1 was ayth_quest, is a must IMO. The only problem is that it bugs when something blind u =P
    Thx for the post

Humanhead's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favorite addons are:
    JunkIt - for selling junk items at vendors with just one click. it just saves so much time, and i haven't encountered any bugs.
    IconLoot - it shows looted items in a better way and also highlights high quality items (color blue and above)

Selvyre's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya i just picked up icon loot it reminds me of xLoot from WoW which was a phenomenal addon. @pepe2c ya Ayth is pretty much god for quick leveling as of right now
    Coding Experience: Java: 8 years, c++: 4 years, python: lolk, c#: might as well be java, AutoIt: 1 year

Jeffers0n's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will try out some of them, junkit is also great

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed it is, just got it a few minutes ago on Humanhead's recommendation

Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is starting out on wildstar today, i suggest before you start to get Ayth quest, you will never turn back and your game play experience will be that much better from the get go!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mulstarr indeed it will. I have found some limitations that I don't like with Ayth_Quest the past couple days so I have set out to develop my own questing addon stay posted for updates on this I expect a working test build to be completed relatively soon probably by the end of the night

Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Selvyre View Post
    @Mulstarr indeed it will. I have found some limitations that I don't like with Ayth_Quest the past couple days so I have set out to develop my own questing addon stay posted for updates on this I expect a working test build to be completed relatively soon probably by the end of the night
    Sounds great, i look forward to seeing it in action and maybe testing it for you if need be!!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will see how well it goes, the Apollo API though it seems pretty well thought out and stuff its not too well documented so

zerefu's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zerefu View Post
    thank you
    You are welcome good fellow.

Update
    I am now also working on a ToolTip addon that will give additional information on mouse hover compared to the original ToolTips

dieweb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx u very muchh

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dieweb View Post
    thanx u very muchh
    You are very welcome

Opacho's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Selvyre View Post
    Update
    I am now also working on a ToolTip addon that will give additional information on mouse hover compared to the original ToolTips
    Like this one? EToolTip - Tooltip - WildStar Addons - Curse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast