Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide: Gold (Dupe 03)

Dupe. Use at own risk. Cmoes from gold-world-of-warcraft.com

I created character with a name that violated Blizzard's TOS, as it was rude and referred to human anatomy. Somebody complained regarding my name and a Blizzard GM whispered me. He told me it was against the TOS, and next time I log on, it will ask me to rename my name. I agreed and requested five minutes to get to a safe spot to log out. I made my way to a safe spot (had to use a potion to not die) then logged out. When I logged back in, I was prompted to change my character name. Once that was done, when I came back into the world, my character was rolled back about 5 minutes, before I started heading toward a safe spot to log out. Everything was rolled back: my EXP, position, and items (my potion came back). All I got was a little email from the GM saying "don't make vulgar names"... pretty much.

So why is this important? Well, my character got rolled back, but everyone else's in the game didn't. To me, that sounds like an exploit.

Here's what I want you to try: Make a new character with a name that obviously violates the naming rules. Level him up just a couple levels so you're not level 1 (looks suspicious IMO). Email your new character a crap load of gold. Now get a friend to report you to a GM. Stay in-game until the GM whispers you. Once he tells you to log out, tell him you need a minute to get to a safe spot. Now waste 3 to 5 minutes travelling to a "safe spot" (anywhere really), then hand all your gold to your friend. Log off, log back in and change your name. IF this worked, your friend should have all your gold, but your character might be rolled back and you might have your gold too.

Obviously this isn't something that should be REPEATED. I'd say its safe to do just ONCE. However, I promise you that it successfully rolled back my character about 5 minutes. I must say, though, that YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

Good luck if you're going to try this!
    Hi-Jacked.

Guide: Gold (Dupe 03)
    Flarpz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Guide: Gold (Dupe 03)

Does this work ?

jackus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no its very old... now they can change your name.. no rollbacks! sorry!

iluvprivate^^'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, i won't try it cause the GM might find out and kick the **** out of me ^^