Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice please

Hi,

I've never sold gold before and I'm looking for some advice please. I have read the guides on how not to get scammed.

My idea of fun is farming and playing the AH. I've been playing since TBC and I've built up a pile of gold.

I mentioned to some guildies that I was considering selling and they said that I could get banned from the game. Is this true? I want to keep playing, just unload some of the ridiculous amount of gold that I've built up.

Also, I'm thinking that it may be best to sell in 100k chunks to reduce the risk of being scammed. Is this a good idea?

Advice please
    lordangelo1019's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    40 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont just sell to random people who adds u. dont sell to lehcris29 or lovelisna.. they are impersonators. always check their skype name. always be cautious, even if they send u a code which they ask u to send to their ownedcore profile it could be a double sided scam..

please read:
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-...g-scammed.html
    or
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-...t-scammed.html
    or
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...t-scammed.html

rumpelstiltskin's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Those threads relate to scamming and I'd read them already. Any thoughts on my question about potentially being banned?

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't do face to face trades. Use guild bank/auction house trades and read info on the person you want to trade. Because if they done too much trades with same account they will get flagged for gold selling/buying. And you will see people complaining of getting banned when they sold/bought gold from that person. What they do most of the times is get you in contact with someone that wants to buy gold. So less chance to get banned and use a guild bank and put limit on how much you want to give that person.

Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience gbank and AH are indeed safer than f2f . If you do via AH make sure is some credible item you buy from the costumer.. not necessarily something to expensive but at least nice looking for trasmo ect (tier 1/2 or lev 60-70-80 epics or some blue nice looking pet and not a grey item?).

Also like Watcher mentioned careful to set limit of gold so you don't risk the person who buy don't take all , or if is a huge amount above 100k just pass the GM to the guy and put how much he needs in and take rest out then politely ask GM back.

If however you or him insist to trade f2f and I strongly don't advise it , at least make sure there is a credible item in trade window u buy and ask the dude u sell gold to on Skype to advert on Trade channel 2-3 times then u do some role playing .
    Example:
    Costumer : WTS "trasmo weapon linked" !
    Seller : Hey man how much u want for this nice looking trasmo weapon ?
    Costumer: I sell it for 50k !
    Seller: Hmm let me think for a min pls.
    Seller: I'm willing to buy it but for 40 k (the agreed gold on Skype) !
    Costumer: Okay deal , meet me at X place.

Also I want to be honest with you since I deal many times in past with gold. Not many are willing to let you deal directly with their costumers because they are afraid you will then try to sell directly to them next time without using their reselling services .
    So yeh there is always a bigger risk of ban dealing with big but trusted traders than few private costumers you made because without doubt their trading accounts get flagged soon or later !

But at the same time very careful investigating those "privates" because here the scam risk is bigger ! (there are many guides on OwnedCore to find and dodge and reduce risks against scammers and I even write some of them in a couple of my posts !)

So for this very reason I recommend you using middle man trusted services who take a fee for that but will help you to stay more secure both ban and money wise !

You basically got three options:

1) Use a trusted middle man when you deal with a Private costumer. (less bann risk + more safety but a fee to pay)
    2) Use a trusted gold buyer / reseller , and since they get flagged fast the risk of bann is a little higher (less money but safe money and no scam)
    3) Deal directly with the Private costumers if you are good enough investigating if he is trusted or not. (more money but higher risk of scam)

Whatever method you are going to use if you get caught by Blizzard NEVER admit you traded gold for money , for game time or even for free !
    That will make your appeal chances from small to zero ! Just say you simply gave gold for something and mention that "something" ! (the pet or trasmo item ?)
    Also I advise to not play the hacked card because that will lead to even more troubles like gold removed from your costumers ect ..
    (Hacked/compromised card however is nice to play with a VPN or another connection if you are botting , or if you get scammed in order to have also chances to recover your gold too not just your account ! )

Hope I could help you , enjoy your stay on OC forums and good luck with gold selling ^^ !
    Last edited by Razor33; 12-15-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

rumpelstiltskin's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great. Thanks so much.