1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding memory values?

I'm not a complete retard here, but how in the world would anyone find a method to consistently find memory values that are used in game?

There are a few tools that I would like to make but I can't find a way to find any of the memory values.

Finding memory values?
    ProbablyEngine's Avatar Contributor Lead ProbablyEngine Dev CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my understanding, Unity3D makes this very difficult. I haven't looked into it much but my findings where the offsets are never static and quite hard to keep track of.

Snitzel29's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sort of new with cheat engine, but i've been able to find everything i've needed in the past. With this game though, I can't find even the health values of either champion..I just end up filtering down to 0 results...

Any tips?

larcerkev's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here I sit with my own cheat programming side business and still can't do anything with Hearthstone... Dammit Blizzard

bob2k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted this a little while back: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...ml#post2893422 (Idea for a hearthstone memory reader program)

You can find the names of the cards in your hand, on the board and in the graveyard in memory. Also wasn't able to find health etc.

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bob2k View Post
    Posted this a little while back: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...ml#post2893422 (Idea for a hearthstone memory reader program)

You can find the names of the cards in your hand, on the board and in the graveyard in memory. Also wasn't able to find health etc.

But are you able to consistently locate that data without any knowledge before hand?

Maddin1803's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quick look at Hearstone Yesterday, so i decided to share which entrypoints i saw:

1. Unity use .NET Bytecode as Language for most of the Gamelogic. Its located in the Assembly-Csharp.dll and can be decompiled to yield pretty accurate highlevel Code.

Intressting starting points would be

Code:
     static SslSocket()
      {
        SslSocket.BattleNetCertificateThumbprint = "673D9D1072B625CAD95CB47BF0F0F512233E39FD";
        SslSocket.s_log = new LogThreadHelper("SslSocket");
        SslSocket.s_rootCertificate = new X509Certificate2(Encoding.get_ASCII().GetBytes("-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----"));
      }
    Or the Function

Code:
    private static bool OnValidateServerCertificate(object sender, X509Certificate certificate, X509Chain chain, SslPolicyErrors sslPolicyErrors)
    Both located in the SSLSocket Class.

One approach would be replacing some of this stuff which woud enable us to perfom a Mitm Attack, giving us the ability to alter the Packetflow through a Proxy.
    (Mono.Cecil)

Another approach would be getting Unity to load our own Code.

Code:
        public class hook
        {
            static string assemblypath = @"D:\hstest\hstest\ass\Assembly-CSharp.dll";
            static string injectpath = @"D:\hstest\hstest\ass\loaderdll.dll";
            static string assemblypathfinal = @"D:\hstest\hstest\ass\finalAssembly-CSharp.dll";
            static string saveas = @"D:\hstest\ass\mod-csharp.dll";

public static void injection()
            {
                var typeName = "Hub";
                var methodName = "Start"; 
                var assembly = AssemblyDefinition.ReadAssembly(assemblypath);
                var injassembly = AssemblyDefinition.ReadAssembly(injectpath);
                var typedefinj = injassembly.MainModule.Types.Single(t=> t.Name == "loader");
                var injmethDefinition = typedefinj.Methods.Single(t => t.Name == "init");

var typeDefinition = assembly.MainModule.Types.Single(t => t.Name == typeName);
                var methDefinition = typeDefinition.Methods.Single(t => t.Name == methodName);
                var setMethodWriter = methDefinition.Body.GetILProcessor();   

var firstExistingInstruction = setMethodWriter.Body.Instructions[0];
                setMethodWriter.InsertBefore(firstExistingInstruction, setMethodWriter.Create(OpCodes.Call, assembly.MainModule.Import(injmethDefinition.Resolve())));
                assembly.Write(@"D:\test.dll");

}
    Sorry i know its dirty, but it was just a proof of concept, this show how we use Mono.Cecil to snsert some instructions into the Assembly-Csharp.dll
    We load our loaderdll.dll we load the Assembly-Csharp.dll, then we fetch proper Functionreferences for Hub.Start (Just had a quick look, its called in the main menu after starting the game), fetch a reference from loaderdll.dll in the class loader with the function name init. In the next step we insert a Call to our dll Function and write all to D:\test.dll.

If you replace the vanilla Assembly-Csharp.dll with our newly created, we can see in the Outputlog:

Code:
    Platform assembly: D:\heartstone\client\Hearthstone\Hearthstone_Data\Managed\loaderdll.dll (this message is harmless)
    This is unity properly loading our DLL and calling the Initfunction. This should be a nice starting Point i guess.

Edit:

Found the time to play around a bit more
    As someone asked how to fetch values

Code:
                      GameState mg = GameState.Get();
                        if (mg != null)
                        {
                            Console.WriteLine("Its Turn: " + mg.GetTurn().ToString());
                            Player test = mg.GetLocalPlayer();
                            Console.WriteLine("My Name is :" + test.GetName() + Environment.NewLine);
                            Console.WriteLine("I have  " + test.GetNumAvailableResources().ToString() + " Mana" + Environment.NewLine);
                            Console.WriteLine("my minions num: " + test.GetNumFriendlyMinionsInPlay() + "his minion num: " + test.GetNumEnemyMinionsInPlay() + Environment.NewLine);
                            Console.WriteLine("is this my turn ? " + mg.IsLocalPlayerTurn().ToString() + Environment.NewLine);

if (mg.IsLocalPlayerTurn())
                            {
                                List<Card> mycards = test.GetHandZone().GetCards();
                                foreach (Card x in mycards)
                                {
                                    Console.WriteLine(Environment.NewLine + x.ToString() + Environment.NewLine);
                                    Console.WriteLine(x.GetEntity().GetCost() + Environment.NewLine);
                                    Console.WriteLine(x.GetEntity().GetCardTextInHand() + Environment.NewLine);
                                }

}
                        }
    Dont mind the dirty code , but it should make the basic idea behind it obvious.
    Last edited by Maddin1803; 12-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.

marciowb's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take a look into Hearthstone, also.
    Maddin1803, thanks for sharing some hope.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt had much time lately as iam a bit crowded in work, so i will just share a bunch of stuff, hopefully someone with more time can get something out of it

The main problem atm is, understanding their code Its not hard and reeealy good seperated but its a good amount :P

Iam able to Play creaturecards, end turns, Accept the End of the Game and so on. It was easier then i thought at first.

My Basic Setup is:

Patch Assembly.dll to load my loader.dll

The loader.dll then loads every dll he founds in a specific directory, giving me the ability to seperate code better.

I didnt wanted to mess around with the original functions, but as we need to hijack the input stuff, i decided to not alter the original, but rewrite a bunch of functions that were needed.

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace hsplugintest
    {
        public class myhelperclass
        {
            public ZoneHand m_myHandZone;
            public ZonePlay m_myPlayZone;
            public ZoneWeapon m_myWeaponZone;

public bool playcard(Card cardtoplay)
            {
                try
                {
                    populatezones();
                    InputManager im = InputManager.Get();

Entity entity = cardtoplay.GetEntity();
                    GameState.Get().GetGameEntity().NotifyOfCardDropped(entity);
                    bool targeting = false;

Zone destinationZone = null;

if (entity != null && entity.GetZone() == TAG_ZONE.HAND)
                    {
                        bool isMinion = entity.IsMinion();
                        bool isWeapon = entity.IsWeapon();

if (isMinion || isWeapon)
                        {
                            if (isWeapon)
                            {
                                destinationZone = (Zone)m_myWeaponZone;
                            }
                            else if (isMinion)
                            {
                                destinationZone = (Zone)m_myPlayZone;
                            }
                            else
                            {
                                return false; //error
                            }

GameState gameState = GameState.Get();
                            int num = 0;
                            if (isMinion)
                            {
                                num = getzoneslot() + 1;    //hum needs testing related to function this.PlayZoneSlotMousedOver
                            }
                            else if (isWeapon)
                            {
                                num = 1;
                            }
                            gameState.SetSelectedOptionPosition(num);
                            if (im.DoNetworkResponse(entity))
                            {
                                int zonePosition = entity.GetZonePosition();
                                ZoneMgr.Get().AddLocalZoneChange(cardtoplay, destinationZone, num);
                                if (isMinion && gameState.EntityHasTargets(entity))
                                {
                                    targeting = true;
                                    //battlecry stuff todo
                                    //should be only ui related
                                }

}
                            else
                            {
                                gameState.SetSelectedOptionPosition(Network.NoPosition);
                            }
                        }
                        else if (entity.IsSpell())
                        {
                            //todo 
                            return false;
                        }
                        m_myHandZone.UpdateLayout(-1, true);
                        m_myPlayZone.SortWithSpotForHeldCard(-1);

}

if (targeting)
                    {
                        if ((bool)((UnityEngine.Object)EnemyActionHandler.Get()))
                            EnemyActionHandler.Get().NotifyOpponentOfTargetModeBegin(cardtoplay);
                    }
                    else if (GameState.Get().GetResponseMode() != GameState.ResponseMode.SUB_OPTION)
                    {
                        EnemyActionHandler.Get().NotifyOpponentOfCardDropped();
                    }
                    return true;
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine(ex.StackTrace.ToString());
                    return false;
                }

}

public void populatezones()
            {
                try
                {
                    List<Zone> allzones = (ZoneMgr.Get().GetZones());
                    foreach (Zone z in allzones)
                    {
                        Zone current = z;
                        if (current.m_Side == Player.Side.FRIENDLY)
                        {

if (current is ZoneHand)
                            {
                                m_myHandZone = (ZoneHand)current;
                            }
                            else if (current is ZonePlay)
                            {
                                m_myPlayZone = (ZonePlay)current;
                            }
                            else if (current is ZoneWeapon)
                            {
                                m_myWeaponZone = (ZoneWeapon)current;
                            }

}
                    }
                }
                catch
                {

}

}

private void ForceManaUpdate(Entity entity)
            {
            Player localPlayer = GameState.Get().GetLocalPlayer();
            int num1 = entity.GetRealTimeCost() - localPlayer.GetRealTimeTempMana();
            if (localPlayer.GetRealTimeTempMana() > 0)
            {
                int num2 = Clamp(entity.GetRealTimeCost(), 0, localPlayer.GetRealTimeTempMana());
                localPlayer.NotifyOfUsedTempMana(num2);
                ManaCrystalMgr.Get().DestroyTempManaCrystals(num2);
            }
            if (num1 > 0)
            {
                localPlayer.NotifyOfSpentMana(num1);
                ManaCrystalMgr.Get().UpdateSpentMana(num1);
            }
            localPlayer.UpdateManaCounter();
            }

public int getzoneslot() //next free slot on our zone
            {
                int count = this.m_myPlayZone.GetCards().Count;
                return count;
            }

public static int Clamp(int value, int min, int max)   //needed as the standart math framework of c# dont now clamp :O
            {  
                return (value < min) ? min : (value > max) ? max : value;  
            }
        }
    }
    This code is able to play a Creaturecard, i just dont react to spellcards as i didnt worked on the targeting yet.

How to end a Round

Code:
                                InputManager im = InputManager.Get();
                                im.DoEndTurnButton();
                                Thread.Sleep(5000);
    Example how to play a turn:

Code:
                            if (mg.IsLocalPlayerTurn())  //Check if this is our turn
                            {
                                List<Card> mycards = test.GetHandZone().GetCards(); //Get a List of all Cards in our hand
                                foreach (Card x in mycards)  //for each card
                                {
                                    Console.WriteLine(Environment.NewLine + x.ToString() + Environment.NewLine);  //Cardname
                                    Console.WriteLine(x.GetEntity().GetCost() + Environment.NewLine); //Mana Cost
                                    Console.WriteLine(x.GetEntity().GetCardTextInHand() + Environment.NewLine); //CardText
                                    if (x.GetEntity().GetCost() <= test.GetNumAvailableResources()) //If the card costs less mana then we have
                                    {
                                        if (x.GetEntity().GetCardType() == TAG_CARDTYPE.MINION) //& the card is a creature
                                        {
                                            mhc.playcard(x);  //helperclass, play the card
                                            Thread.Sleep(1000); //little wait so we dont try to play the same card over and over again, unsure if needed
                                        }
                                    }
                                }
                                InputManager im = InputManager.Get(); //get an instance of the Inputmanager
                                im.DoEndTurnButton(); //Simluate a Press to the End Turn Button
                                Thread.Sleep(5000);
                            }
    Looking for an EndgameScreen

Code:

EndGameScreen es = EndGameScreen.Get();
                         if (es != null)
                        {
                            Thread.Sleep(10000); //needed as some Animationspeed stuff breaks otherwise, didnt looked deeper, its a working solution for the moment
                            SceneMgr.Get().SetNextMode(SceneMgr.Mode.PRACTICE);  //switch to the Play Pratice Game Menu

}

Starting a game is a bit more complicated, we need to fetch the DeckID of tha AI through the collectionmanager, our deckid through the collectionmanager and then use some more Functions in the PraticePickerTrayDisplay if i remember right to iussue a gamestart, but i dont remember exactly.

Be aware some of this code is unstable, can throw errors and so on, its mainly for getting a feeling how all this little things work together, but its at least allready able to play cards cicumventing the Code that was added to stop gaining experience from automated loosing.

pookthetook's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brilliant!

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, I'm still a noob at this kind of shit I guess.

BlackFootJones's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What version of .net and Cecil are you using for this? Im trying to replicate this myself and dealing with issues with it writing out the modified assembly. Did you have to load up any other assemblies or have them in the GAC?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to inculde references in your project for the unity.dlls and the assembly-csharp

BlackFootJones's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! ive actually got my library loading now, but when simply trying to write to a file, im getting errors

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hearthstone\Hearthstone_Data\Managed\HSLoader.dll (this message is harmless)
    InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in Hub:Start (): IL_0000: call 0x0a0006f6

is what im seeing in the log file and
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.IO;

namespace HSLoader
    {
    public class loader
    {

public void init()
    {
    File.WriteAllText(@"C:\tesths.txt", "test");
    }
    }
    }

is all of the code in my loader, any idea whats up?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspect the IL Code, check if its proper, additional look if the monoframework supports your commands

But aside of that, create a new thread, otherwise the Function never returns and heartstone can never execute his own code -> freezed process.

Edit:

Oh .. try it with a static void
    Last edited by Maddin1803; 01-03-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast