Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Shaman v2

Hello everyone,

As promised, I'm about to post v2 of my shaman deck. It's not 100% complete, but it does really good on the battlefield, giving you choices, and giving your enemy nightmares. The whole point of this is you have enough to slap with early game, and you kinda don't have that much late game, but you have a lot of buffs to compensate for it. Unlike my previous deck, this one is not built just from basic cards, so you'll want to craft some or play that arena till you get them. Here we go!

Card list:

1x Ancestral Healing
    2x Earth Shock
    2x Rockbiter Weapon
    1x Argent Squire
    1x Dust Devil
    1x Elven Archer
    1x Windfury
    1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
    2x Flametongue Totem
    1x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Knife Juggler
    2x Novice Engineer
    1x Feral Spirit
    1x Flesheating Ghoul
    2x Lightning Storm
    1x Injured Blademaster
    2x Shattered Sun Cleric
    1x Defender Of Argus
    1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
    1x Spellbreaker
    1x Bloodlust
    1x Darkscale Healer
    1x Fire Elemental
    1x Sea Giant

Or for those who prefer the deckbuilder: Fisher's "I AM 100$ SERIOUS" deck

Oh boy eh? Well to be honest, that would be my first reaction as well. However, if you look closer, you will see there are quite a few cards that work pretty well together, while at the same time leaving you the option to use it somewhere else. For instance, Injured Blademaster works perfect with Ancestral Healing, however, if it's early game and you want to keep your Dust Devil safe, you can always Ancestral a random totem just so the enemy can't smash your Devil 1 more turn. Some "keep in mind" facts:

1) Do not rely on 1 card
    This is very important. Deck gives you options, but if you drop all the buffs and everything on 1 card, and it gets destroyed, you're in trouble. Always make sure you have options, always buff up that 1/1 to 2/2, etc.

2) Always totem before spells
    Makes a huge difference. Lightning storm goes from 2-3 damage to 3-4, and Earth shock goes from 1 to 2 damage. So do your best to drop a totem before you want to unleash a spell. Didn't get spellpower? Doesn't matter. It's a free creature.

3) Don't be afraid to sacrifice
    Of course, I'm mostly talking about damn priests and mages here, but works for anything. Don't be afraid to drop Flametongue totemearly, even if you know it gets destroyed. Force your opponents hand to make sure he doesn't have any removals for later!

4) There is no late game
    As you see, except that Sea Giant (which you can change to Molten if you have one, or Ragnaros, or anything else for that matter), you don't really have much late game. Of course, you can change some cards to enable it, but I didn't find it necessary. Even if all you have is 1 knife juggler at turn 10, you can still buff it up nicely, give it Windfury and what not, so it becomes a real danger. Most of my games end up with 2-3 heavily buffed minions on the board, that used to be 2/3 or 3/3 cards.

5) Don't go for the face!
    You will want to clear anything your opponent throws down. Don't go for face damage early, as you will most of the time fail. Only time when you should smack face instead of minion is when you have a Dust Devil or you decided to buff some random small card Windfury. Also, try to save Rockbiter weapon to combine with Windfury, but don't be afraid to give it to your hero just to clear out that damn Northshire cleric or something along those lines.

6) Change some cards to suit your play style
    This deck is all me really, takes time to get used to, the more you play it the better you get at doing ninja moves it requires to stay alive and do sick damage. However, Shaman in general has some really nice options you can employ, such as Hex, Forked Lightning, Ancestral Spirit, Lava Burst, Unbound & Earth Elementals etc. Combos like Injured + Ancestral can be broken, since you have 1 of each, and you don't get them both that often, so you can change it up a bit, throw some Unbound Elemental in there, just don't use the weapons. Please. They are useless.

7) Learn how to use silence
    Except the obvious "silence this enemy card" usage, it can also silence your cards. Useless? If you have a unbuffed 3/3 that's frozen or something, silence it and it stops being frozen. If you have a Ragnaros out, silence it and it becomes 8/8 you can give Windfury to. Also, learn how to Ancestral Healing on enemy raid leader while enemy has 2 taunts up, just so you can kill it and someone goes mad over that move. Gotta love it!

Play with it, change it, use it, smash people and let me know how you did =) Random screenshots using this deck:

Thank you for taking time to read this and I'm looking forward to your feedback on this deck!
    Peace!
    Last edited by Fisher; 11-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.

[Guide] Shaman v2
    Cloud13's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crafting a few cards and putting this together right now. Hope it goes well!
    Remember to click +Rep if someone assist you on the forums. Spread the love.

Int3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to try it out! You left out Sen'jin Shieldmasta from the list in your post here. Used your deckbuilder link to figure out what your last card was :P

Fisher's Avatar Banned Hook you up! CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cloud13 View Post
    Crafting a few cards and putting this together right now. Hope it goes well!
    I hope so too =) I just ran drafted a sick deck in the arena I'm going to try it in constructed as well, let you know how it goes. It's more speed focused, and bigger bursts. Has to do with feeding unbound elemental and handling overload well =)

Originally Posted by Int3 View Post
    Going to try it out! You left out Sen'jin Shieldmasta from the list in your post here. Used your deckbuilder link to figure out what your last card was :P
    Sorry for that! He was there, but the url tag had a missing "]" so it didn't show. Added =)

Peace!
    Last edited by Fisher; 11-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.