0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbs guide to conecting to privite servers

[yt]goD6VHxi3m0[/yt]

Ok i have realised that a new writen guide is in order so here it is

If you are installing wow from disk skip to number 4

1. Go into were you instaled World of warcraft

2. Go into the folder called data and delete the files patch.MPQ and Patch-2.MPQ (you may not have the latter)

3. Then go back to the main wow folder and run the repair.exe (its symbol should be a spanner) make sure all check boxes are cheked and select reset and check files then select ok to the pop up this will take 15 mins so go do something else (your computer may run slow :-| )

(ok now here the technical stuff you can skip this but some people like to now WTF there doing)
    You just delted some of the core files to wow without them wow cannot run so when you use repair exe it resets itself to the basic vertion (the very first one) we do this because not all servers run the latest patches so we restor it to basic settings and you can patch up from there (which means this guide doubles up as a server switching guide)

4. Then back in your main wow folder you need the file called realmlist.wtf (yes a WTF file lolz) right click and select open with and click on notepad.

5. Change what you find there to set realmlist (insert realmlist name here) so for example if the realmlist was happybobssuperfuntimeserver.com then you write set realmlist happybobssuperfuntimeserver.com

More techncal stuff

The realmlist is what server you use so for example all the offical wow servers are stored under a realmlist. The reson for not beeing able to use you wow accounts for privte servers is because (and you will discover this more if you make your own server) all servers have a data base of character indivdual to that server and realm list

so just as you can play with a EU account on an US server because they have differnt realmlists you cannot use your wow account on privte servers you have to go to the server web site to get the reamlist and register a character.

6.Then you need to update to your servers vertion (look on the servers web site to find it out) then go to http://www.strategyinformer.come/pc/...aft/patch.html to get the patch download it into your wow folder and run it to update just like regular wow.

And then just run wow.exe log in with your new account and play
    Last edited by Obex; 10-18-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Update timez
    Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

Newbs guide to conecting to privite servers
    Obex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Newbs guide to conecting to privite servers

19 views no comments leching ftl? cmon guys
    Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

lilsavalex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted old thread.
    Last edited by lilsavalex; 07-03-2022 at 08:56 PM.

Zyroxz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched real nice Good for me that you got bored +Rep

I do have some question if thats alowed though, see i'm pretty newb and have been looking arround the Emuserver guides section because I want to play on a private server for a while ['til I get my pay check wich could take a while ]

I opend almost all the 90 threads in this forum section but most of it was how to actually build one.. But I wonna join one
    The reason for my question is, is that I heard a lot of talk about hackpatches and stuff and installing WoW twice etc. But Is that all really nessecery ?
    I mean, is chaning 1 simple line in a document enough ?
    And what about my acc. of the live server, can I take that with me to a private server and back again to a live server with no problems [ bans / suspensions ] ?
    If I'm completely out of line by asking these questions just say so

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you dont use the same account for a privite server as a live on you must find a server web site (cheak the server section of this site) and on that site itl allow you to make accounts ect its allso were you will find the realm list for each server

Also for optium ease copy your wow folder and rename the copy WOW p server or sumthing and do all the hackz on that so then you can just flick between privte and live
    Last edited by Obex; 09-10-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now im annoyed 107 views and 2 comment (im not inculding my own) POST ON THIS THREAD PLEASE:yuck:

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obex, I'm sorry to say, but MMOwned.com is FULL of leechers and newbs / noobs.

My work has had over 80,000 views (All of my work put together) and over 1,000 Replies, and I've only gotten 221 Reputation from all of it. 221 May seem like it's a good amount, but for the amount of hard work and dedication I've put into my guides / downloads, and how many people have used them, it's hardly anything. I've released 3 downloads, and two had over 20 downloads before the Emu Section wipe, and I had only gotten 1 or 2 Rep from them.

So, sorry, but leechers will do what they do best, and there's nothing we can do about it
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anoyence and leecher bleh

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think iv sused it my guide is sooo fool prof that no one has any quests or bugs so no one posts ... damn im i realy that good ?

Yippy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sad, i did everything the pretty red words said to but WoW was normal when i logged in. Nothing changed. I'm confused and alone and sad etc. Any suggestions? :confused:
    I tried to write a signature but I couldn't get my pen through the screen.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should look normal when you turn it on if you can still get on your normal account then you have a problem with your realmlist i not check the server is up and make sure you have regiseted a account on there web site (for more directions go to the servers home page) normal wow account dont work on privet servers

one way to know its ok is when you log into the new account it should try to change your realmlist and itl be a weird name so it would change to daves happy fun time server (or what ever)

Hope this has helpd post agin if you need more and please for the love of god post this thread is amasingly popular but has no posts we wouldnt want to see it delted would we ?
    Last edited by Obex; 10-11-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Salamek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont understand

2kewl4nrml

Originally Posted by Salamek View Post
    dont understand
    Haha thats funny...in a histerical way

Aberchuger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello i dont know what you mean by "Then Update" after you change Realm list PLEASE tell me i must know. i did post the question on youtube but i would preffer you reply here because i will get the message here faster, Thanks

jojodemilo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Obex meant when he said "Then Update" was to manually update wow (because after repairing it, wow will downgrade) The reason you have to downgrade then upgrade wow is because most servers don't run on the latest patch, and if you have the a patch version higher then the servers you can't play on that server it will say something like unable to validate game version when you try to log in
    Phear me O.o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast