Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good suggestions for a newbie priest? pls help~!

I'm addicted to Heartstone recently.While as a newbie I always lose in battles. last night I was defeated by a Shaman who has many good cards,can't even fell asleep...Priest is my favorite, because healing skill seems to be easier to handle and keep my heroes alive. My friend told me that's the key to win for a priest. But when I have 7 or more mana I always get only three or four cards in hand, that's embarrassing... Do you have any better suggestions for a priest? Which class you played most? Any tricks to share?

(I find this image below but I don't understand how can this player keep so many cards when he has ten mana in hand..)
    Any good suggestions for a newbie priest? pls help~!-suxzwsau6ei71377738402709-jpg
    Last edited by AmieeLouire; 11-07-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Any good suggestions for a newbie priest? pls help~!
    Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello AmieeLouire and welcome to the forum.

Well, it is quite a broad topic but here are a few points:

• Play the game - learn the class spells
    • Picking the Deck - if you are not confident in building your own deck try to GOOGLE for a cheap starting deck
    • Creating your own deck - when you create your own deck it is crucial to plan ahead - give the deck an idea of what it is supposed to do. Will it be an aggro deck that will overwhelm your opponent early on? Will it be a Midrange deck that will shine in the mid game? Will it be a Control deck that will help you control the pace of the game and eventually kill your opponent with huge creatures after turn 10? Also, always look for combos that you could use. From the top of my head for Priest - Lightspawn + Divine Spirit.
    • Testing the deck - when I create a new deck I usually test it first agains the AIs (because they are somewhat consistent) and then against other opponents in Unranked. If you find out, after a few games, that you run out of cards in hand quickly - that means you have too many low mana cards in your deck. Or you just drawn too many of those low mana costs in the starting hand. And it is obviously imperative to distinguish between the two instances for your analysis not to be screwed up. Do you happen to wait two / three turns for a minion? Well, fling a few more in.
    • Playing efficient - HS is all about efficiency! You don't want to waste a 5mana removal to get rid of 2/2 creature unless it is REALLY necessary. Sometimes it's better not to play your Holy Nova to kill two minions but rather wait a turn and potentially kill four of them essentially spending your 5 mana to kill as much mana worth of creatures of your opponent. Also, never use DMG spells to ping your opponent (early game) which is a mistake many of the less experienced players do. It is just great to see a mage wasting his Arcane Missiles on me on his first turn. Because technically, it does not matter if I have 30 or 5 HP as long as it is not 0.
    • Playing smart - since you already know the majority of class spells you can now start to play smart. If I'm playing against another priest and am on 6 mana I will not play the above mentioned Lightspawn + Divine Spirit because I know that Priests use Shadow Word: Death. So if have another somewhat threatening creatures in my hand I will rather play it instead of the Lightspawn, forcing him to use the removal and then playing the combo. Again, it really depends on the state of the game and board control. But this is an example of playing smart. Another, maybe more apparent, example would be - your opponent has a 3/2 creature on the board and you have a Northshire Cleric in your hand. Well obviously you would not want to play it unless you'd also had means to get rid of the 3/2 creature because logically he would destroy the Cleric next turn and Northshire Cleric is not a card that you'd want to use as a decoy (unless necessary of course). Well, since we got around to decoys I might as well mention that also. If you want to stall for a bit or just want to protect a seemingly not that threatening minion (because of a combo you have on your hand for the next turn) it is a good idea to play another creature as a decoy so that the opponent feels he has to deal with at least one of the two.

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Seminko

EDIT: to your question. He might be waiting for a combo. Again, above mentioned Lightspawn + double Divine Spirit dealing 20 DMG to his opponent + for example double Mind Blast for the total of 30 DMG. Or maybe the guy in the pic is just bad . But yea, some priests are focused on such combos as seen in the below YouTube vid:

Last edited by Seminko; 11-08-2013 at 07:49 AM.