0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Shaman

Hello everyone and welcome to my humble guide about shaman. I'm pretty new to the game and I've tried a few different classes so far, but shaman is the one I choose. Why? Multiple benefits:

• Insane starter deck
    • Free creature (totem) each turn
    • Very powerful 0 MP cards

That being said, here's my current deck:

2x Ancestral Healing
    2x Elven Archer
    2x Grimscale Oracle
    2x Murloc Raider
    2x Bluegill Warrior
    2x Flametongue Totem
    2x Novice Engineer
    2x Raid Leader
    2x Wolfrider
    1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
    1x Stormwind Knight
    2x Bloodlust
    2x Booty Bay Bodyguard
    2x Frostwolf Warlord
    2x Gurubashi Berserker

Or for those who prefer the deckbuilder: Fisher's "pwn me fast" deck

As you see, the deck may seem to be all over the place, but trust me, it's not. You have a few murlocs and raid leaders you wanna play early, while benefiting from high MP cards later on. Be careful: this deck needs practice. More often than not, you'll start to do some serious damage when you get down to about 15 hp. So be careful and save some cards for later. Here are some of the "keep in mind" facts:

1) You want to unload your murlocs soon, but not too soon
    Unload them all at around 2/3 MP when you can drop more than 1. You'll either force enemy to use aoe cards, which is good, or they will ignore your 1/1 murlocs and do damage to you, which is even better. The point of this murlocs is exactly that, if ignored, they start doing sick damage later on. Make sure to save your Grimscale Oracle cards for later, to combine with raid leader before you attack. Also be careful not to play that card when enemy has murlocs, as they will get the bonus as well.

2) You want to keep your Flametongue Totem safe
    The totem is sick and alows for a lot of maneuverability. For instance, if you have 3 cards, one in the middle being the totem, you can attack with those two cards and drop a charge next to the totem for that extra damage. I tend to use this when I want to suicide my charge but don't want my cards to lose attack bonus. Drop charge, it gets +dmg, suicide it, the card that got moved moves back to the totem and gets bonus damage back.

3) Bonus damage works on everyone
    Yeah, 0/3 totems get +1 damage from raid leader as well. By the time you get raid leader, you'll most likely have 3/4 cards deployed, so you'll be able to do some serious damage. Oh and bloodlust works on totems as well. If you have a 0/3 totem that was deployed last turn, and you apply bonus damage to it, it can attack this turn, so keep that in mind when enemy ignores your 3 totems and you happen to have bloodlust. Comes very handy.

4) Be very careful with ancestral spirit
    This one is tricky. Sometimes, if you end up with only two cards, one of which is raid leader, you want to taunt up your other card in order to save leader from direct attack. Other times, you certainly want to apply it to bersker, especially if you have healing and damage totems out.Serves for a good laugh.

5) Do not concede unless you have empty hand
    Most of the guides out there will tell you to concede when you think you've lost, but trust me, one card here can change everything, so wait for that card and if it's 1/1 or something, concede. Otherwise, play and it will pay off.

6) Drop taunts as you get them
    Most of the time during this game style, you'll have 3-5 cards out, 2 of which are totems. You want to keep them safe, even though players tend to ignore them, so drop those taunts as you get them. If you have a damage totem out, play other cards and drop the taunt next to the damage totem. They have to attack it, why not get punished proper for it.

7) In doubt? Drop a totem
    Whenever you're unsure what you should do next or you have a bunch of high MP cards, drop a totem. They come in extremely handy, especially to enemies who ignore them.

8) Keep clearing out enemy creatures
    Do not ignore creatures on deck. Even if you have a huge advantage, make sure to destroy enemy creatures as they appear, no matter the cost. The fact that damage totem gives damage to minions next to it can be extremely useful for charge suicide, or simply for using a card next to it to destroy enemy minion. Be cool about enemy hero, they will suffer, just make sure you drop those minions first (especially if you are fighting priest/hunter).

9) Save most of your low MP cards for later turns
    Do not unload them one by one as they will get cleared one by one. Save for instance murlocs till 2 mp, drop all 3, and drop raid leader next turn. Most of the time, those 3 will end up ignored so you will deal a lot of damage next turn.

And there you have it! It's a basic deck, all cards are starter and it shouldn't take you long to get used to it. Here's how the game usually looks like with this deck:

I do plan to update this deck soon, with Rockbitter instead of something, so stay tuned for v2 =)
    Peace!
    Last edited by Fisher; 11-03-2013 at 08:09 PM.

[Guide] Shaman
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide +rep for you when i can!
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

KeilaniiServices's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant Master Powerleveler
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    36 (97%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will give this a whirl when i get the chance to play !

Fisher's Avatar Banned Hook you up! CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KeilaniiServices View Post
    Will give this a whirl when i get the chance to play !
    Just started a game and forgot, lost 3 turns, won the game easy, so yeah, you should! =D

Thanks @Creative =D

Cloud13's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very good guide. I was basically using this exact strat before coming to look on the forums.

You'll definitely want to toss Rockbiter in there somewhere. Rockbiter + windfury/bloodlust has won me games several times. I see a lot of Shaman making the awful mistake of dropping Rockbiter first turn and going for some early hero damage. This is a mistake, combined with other cards Rockbiter will be worth so much more than 3 hero damage in the late game.

I also like to throw Windspeaker in mine (Battlecry: Give friendly minion Windfury) but I think that will pull you out of the "all starter cards" classification.
    Remember to click +Rep if someone assist you on the forums. Spread the love.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cloud13 View Post
    This is a very good guide. I was basically using this exact strat before coming to look on the forums.

You'll definitely want to toss Rockbiter in there somewhere. Rockbiter + windfury/bloodlust has won me games several times. I see a lot of Shaman making the awful mistake of dropping Rockbiter first turn and going for some early hero damage. This is a mistake, combined with other cards Rockbiter will be worth so much more than 3 hero damage in the late game.

I also like to throw Windspeaker in mine (Battlecry: Give friendly minion Windfury) but I think that will pull you out of the "all starter cards" classification.
    Pretty much yeah =) Rock is also good for face smash to kill a creature early, even though it's a potential 3 dmg loss. I'm almost done with v2, I have to sort out a few more cards (the 0-1mp) but yeah. This tactic/deck listed here is still viable, however, it won't get you far if you play rated or tournaments, as it's really easy to control those minions. So I took a different approach, will post it real soon =) I also don't like Windspeaker for some reason. I'm trying to avoid buff cards as much as possible, especially windfury ones (I got 1x wf in my deck) since it pretty much gets destroyed instantly. It's only good to use rock + wf buff before you attack on anything, but I'd rather have the 2mp card for buff than the creature =)

Peace!

Cloud13's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue I run into is being absolutely screwed if my opponent destroys my minions soon as I drop them, or plays a high health card early. Still working on a solution for this but I eagerly await your v2!
    Remember to click +Rep if someone assist you on the forums. Spread the love.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cloud13 View Post
    The main issue I run into is being absolutely screwed if my opponent destroys my minions soon as I drop them, or plays a high health card early. Still working on a solution for this but I eagerly await your v2!
    I'm trying real hard to get my hands on a ragnaros so I can post a v2 deck, also it requires some small mods I still don't see (It's missing something, can't really figure out what) but I will post it now =) But yeah, the whole shaman play is that you do good, no matter how many minions get destroyed, as if you have a 1/1 even, you can 2x rockbitter, windfurry, and unload 14 dmg into your opponents face! Going to post the shaman v2 right now =)