0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crafting without mats (With some proof)

I started a thread about how there is still a way to craft without mats and it looks like it was deleted.
    People just replied saying it was patched but here is some proof: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...abolos_server/
    From what I understand, the process is similar but the main part is identifying the correct hexadecimals that need to be replaced with a cheap item, to essentially craft for free.

I'm sure those that know how to do it will keep it private but its definitely possible..

Crafting without mats (With some proof)
    ateno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you not read the thread? He could have exploited it before it was patched, and now the packet method has beeb patched. Confirmed by so many here already.

saccharin's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss the possibility when it is such a game changer..
    I wouldn't try pursue it if I wasn't sure it could be done but I guess I don't have concrete proof to motivate people.

That, and I'm guessing most of the people dismissing it are just the people that use the exploits, and not help make them possible.

moe's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of us have been trying for a very very long time to get the methods to work. its not possible with any of the old techniques, and considering that the old techniques are very broad in the different aspects of exploiting/ hacking... its safe to say that most if not all points of vulnerability have been secured now.

examples:
    packets are double checked server side now.
    local hacks (ie memory editing) don't work on items anymore as the server now searches your server side information before allowing you to actually start an action (you cant just tell the server you have 500 gold allagan marks anymore.

the fixes for the above 2 pretty much knocks anything out of possibility.

karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop opening these types of threads, the method was patched, there is no way to do this right now with the packet verification. The guy in the reddit thread may be just getting rid of his items he obtained during the exploit a week ago.

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it's posted in final-fantasy-xiv general trade talk he is allowed to have a chat about it. We don't allow theories in exploit sections. Just one thing, don't let the thread escalate or i am forced to hand out infractions. If you think this one is already patched then don't bother posting. As it would be a waste of your time. Few people already said it's patched.
    If you somehow found a way to exploit it again. Feel free to post it, if you want to keep it to your self then it's your right.

I don't believe in fully fixed as the systems always got flaws in it. Just look at blizz after all these years they still got bugs server side that you can exploit. So i doubt it's fully fixed just your guys mission to find away around it. When i used to be an exploiter my main targets that i exploited were exploits that were already fixed. And you can always find a way around them.

What i see now happening is guys reporting this kind of stuff to stop having it leaked. But remember one thing 1 fix causes few more bugs.

And don't abuse the report button or pm me to lock/delete threads. If it's not a double post don't bother reporting it we will not lock/delete it. You can report a theorie in exploit section. Main reason for this final fantasy general talk is to talk about stuff. And i don't mean flame each other but have a normal chat with each other without insulting each other.
    Last edited by Watcher; 10-21-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Neer's Avatar Trend Rider Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    177/828
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The likelyhood any of us "normal" people finding a way to do any crafting without the mats exploit is the same as finding a wow dupe. It happens once a year. And that is if we are lucky. Come back next year.

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alche001 View Post
    The likelyhood any of us "normal" people finding a way to do any crafting without the mats exploit is the same as finding a wow dupe. It happens once a year. And that is if we are lucky. Come back next year.
    If you waste enough time on it you will find it. There are like 6 different wow dupes around now.

anarchyd's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah wtg you found a dead exploit. Patched a while ago.

Dubbletoke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reddit post you are referring to has the explanation in the thread, the guy in question has a deal with his FC that he makes all fresh level 50's a set of crafted gear, in return they give him all ToP items they farm and he sells the shit on the MH to make gil for the housing when it is released......

no duping going on and in fact it's a brilliant method

sooooo, you didn't post proof, you are speculating, this thread is a lie
    Last edited by Dubbletoke; 10-21-2013 at 02:40 PM.

archlord12345's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly the same thing i understood from the reddit post.

thanks for explaining dubbletoke.

no dupe going around sorry to say.