52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back again - Fishing Bot

So back when 1.0 was out, I made SirFishAlot 1.0 to fish in FFXIV.

This time around the fishing system has changed, so the first revision is going to be made soon, whenever the servers decide to stop going down :P
    For now, it requires a bit of manual editing, and getting the timestamp info for rgb values... blah blah but, if you know how to do that, then it's easy.
    Until then, I found a place that has a green pixel (pillar with moss by Nym River) and Cast. When the pole was hooking something, I moved it so it was over
    a mossy part of the pillar. I used that point as the "Green" check. Automated point will be chosen in the next revision with a setup script (I hope).

UPDATE: 2.1a I have found that when the daytime switches, 40 pixel difference wasn't touchy enough, I have modified the values. As well, removed a delay afterwards. I find that when I catch, the loop counter is enough of a delay that it is smoother without the delay added at the end of the loop.

UPDATE: 2.2a The sun came up in game and TOTALLY screwed with it... upped the baseline pixel to 75, it seems to have fixed it. At most what it will do, is repeatedly click the hook action button, until the sun rays leave that part of the pillar. I don't think there's any way around this, unless I do memory checks... which I don't have the time to look at at the moment. But at least it doesn't waste bait while it does this.

Update: O M G NO Okay, so there's a limit to how much you can fish in a certain area. I have gotten a message "The fish thinks something is amiss..." whatever... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Now to ponder what to do...

UPDATE: 2.3a - Well, it'll work for so long then you have to 'move and reset' unless I can figure out the memory portion of fishing. So for now, I'm going to claim it as _this is all_. Just set the loop for as many as you think you can do in about 5 minutes. It seems to be how long it takes for the game to thing you're sitting afk or botting so... I'll keep working at it.

Code:
    // After you click start, make sure you switch to the FFXIV Window Manually
    //-----------[ SirFishAlot v2.3a ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // 	Description:
    //		This bot will check a pixel on the screen to see if your pole has "bent" into it and then catch it
    //		Afterwards, it will delay to press the cast again. (Cast is key 2, Hook is key 3)
    //
    //	Planned Revisions:
    //		I am going to let the user select an x/y spot on the screen where the pole goes across the screen
    //		A button perhaps and then make it store that value into the system automatically for each run.
    //
    //		For now, you have to manually set it which means, logging timestamp with the RGB values
    //		then checking against that value that is hard-coded into the script.
    //
    //		So far a 40 pixel difference is enough to make it not affected by rain. So the first check is for a
    //		base check, and then increase the "if by 40 points to see if it really did change.
    //		If it did, Hook it.
    //
    //		The values I have, are from my screen. I look at the Green, go up a few to 50 cause it was 42
    //		and that's what I based my numbers on. Until I write the revision, then this is going to have to work
    //		Not super user friendly, but I'm working on it
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Constants
    x = 0
    y = 0
    end

delay 3 sec

//----SETUP----
    // Start Fishing
    keys 2
    delay 8 sec
    // wait for 8 seconds, should give you enough time to put the mouse
    // where the pole passes through
    delay 6 sec
    setconst x = {MouseX}
    setconst y = {MouseY}

loop 100
    keys 2
    delay 5 sec

loop 500
    LoadRGB $x, $y
    // TimeStamp: Red = 32  Green = 42   Blue = 14
    If {RGBGREEN} > 60
    	if {RGBGREEN} > 75
    		keys 3
    	else
    	end
    else

End
    delay 30

end

end
    Last edited by Veritable; 08-26-2013 at 10:58 AM.

I'm back again - Fishing Bot
    Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TL;DR about the current state of the bot.

It will work for 4-5 minutes until the game thinks you have been fishing in the same spot for too long.
    You will then need to stop the bot, move left/right to a _new_ location, and restart the bot.
    That way you will get a new fishing pole check point and let it go again. Rinse and Repeat

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's cool that you posted this, but it also seems like a demonstration of how square enix have pretty much killed any hope of a pixel based fishing bot. It would be handy to use when around the computer and wanting to grab a few fish, but the setup time for 5-10 minutes of fishing doesn't seem worth it currently :/ If you can move around enough without having to change the colors that would be alright though.
    Last edited by tsincaat; 08-26-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, for me it's time to do other stuff while I fish for now. The only way for a fishbot to work, would be figuring out if there's some kind of memory trigger for the animation that you catch for your character, or if the 'grinding' sound when your rod bends can be triggered and captured to then press the 3 button to hook and reel in the fish.

The old system had text values that you could read, but this one doesn't.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not strafe left, then right again for X amount of seconds (equal time) every 3.5 mins?

sc2sc2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using a gamepad then it vibrates when a fish bites. Could intercepting this be an easier option than memory / setting up pixel reading?

tozededao's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sc2sc2 View Post
    If you're using a gamepad then it vibrates when a fish bites. Could intercepting this be an easier option than memory / setting up pixel reading?
    Yes it could. Even though XInput doesn't have any function to retrieve left and right rumbles, I think it is possible by intercepting the information between ffxiv process and XInput

leetdemon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what language is this in VB?