Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Noobs Guide to Adding Buildings

!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is NOT my work. This was originally posted by Vaungt. The post as well as the user seems to have disappeared. I am reposting this without his permission and completely apologize if this is not ok with him. I have no way to contact him to ask permission so I wanted to make sure I gave him the credit for this. Thanks.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Noobs Guide to adding Buildings! - (orginially posted on 09-18-2006 by Vaungt)

Hey everyone! Vaungt here with my first guide for you all. Ever since I started my own little private server, I've been trying to figure out how to add buildings where I wanted them. I figured it out recently and decided to share with everyone who wants to, but just doesnt know how to.

For this guide I'll be using AFGWarriorz V3 Repack. The process used to add the buildings works on all 3 of the repacks. (Fun, Fun+Blizz, Blizzlike) For the sake of what I've personally done, I'll be using the Blizzlike Repack to demonstrate how to do this.

Before anything - REMEMBER TO .SAVE YOUR WORLD BEFORE TELEPORTING ANYWHERE, ANYWAY. IF YOU DO NOT SAVE IT WILL ELIMINATE ALL YOUR HARD WORK.

Ok, first a little lesson. The buildings we are going to be working with are considered GameObjects, as they are added through that system (more on that later). With this being the case, all the normal GM GameObject codes apply. Like .move, .targetgo, .del, and so forth. Those three commands are most likely the ones you'll use the most with adding buildings, so get familiar with them.

Alright, now onto the fun stuff! With the AFGWarriorz V3 Megapack, there are certain files that call forth the modeling and code for adding a buidling as a GO (gameobject). These files (two that I've found so far) are located in these locations:

1) AFG MEGA REPACK V3\TOOLS\Guides\Gameobjects.
    2) AFG MEGA REPACK V3\AFGWarriorz V3 Blizzlike Version Only\AFGWarriorzV3Blizzlike\scripts\extra\gameobjects_new

The first thing you need to do is locate these files. Once you've found them, open them with a text editor such as Notepad. Lets do the first example using the Number 1 GO file. So open your Gameobjects file located in your Guides folder. Select all the text and copy it to your clipboard.

The next step is to open your gameobjects.scp file. This is located as a text file in your Scripts folder of your repack. Scroll to the very bottom of this file and paste the text you've copied. Save your file.

There ya go! You've just added an extra small amount of buildings into your GO file. The next one is a little tricker, but still very very easy.

ADDING THE MODELS AND COMMANDS

Now, lets open your Scripts\extra folder and look for a file called gameobjects_new. Open that and repeat the process. Copy and paste the contents of this file into your Scripts\gameobjects.scp file. Save. Now go back into your Scripts folder. Look for a file eniteled GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc. COPY this file to your World of Warcraft\Data folder. This lets the models for the buildings to be displayed.

Well then! That wasnt so hard now was it? I bet your thinking one of two things right now. 1) Sweet, Imma go try this crap out and add all types of nifty towers and buildings to odd places! or 2) Well, cool....now what?

If your thinking number 2, or even number 1, follow my next directions.

ADDING THEM TO THE GAME

Now that we've added new gameobjects to the game, its time to open WoW and add them! A word of warning you have to have a PLevel of 6 in order to add Gameobjects. Ok, now that we've logged onto our GM status accounts and opened WoW, I reccommend that you find a nice open place with flat ground to test this out on. The Barrens is nice, but I like Designer Island. You can get there by typing the command .go 451 16303.5 -16173.5 40.5. Once you've loaded there find a nice open space of flat land and stand in the middle.

Gameobjects, when added, are added directly on top of you. Some of the objects can pin you down, so get good with your .go commands.

Alright, enough of my blathering, lets get to what you really want to do. Lets call your first Building forth. In this case I'll be using Guard Tower 2. Search this in your Gameobjects.scp file and find the code for it. (It would be 300449.)

Now type .addgo 300449. This will spawn the building RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU, so make sure your where you want the tower to be placed. Congrats! You've just added your first building to World of Warcraft.

PLACEMENT AND FINE TUNING

Now I know at first I had some trouble with getting placement right, so I'm going to help you out a little more.

If at anytime you want to delete a Custom GO you've added, you must first stand as close to, or on top of, your GO. Then type in .targetgo. This will target the closest gameobject by you. The simply type .DEL. That will delete any GO you have targeted.

The same applys for moving a GO. First you have to target it using your .targetgo command. Move is alot like the .go command. The format for choosing where you want to place the GO is X Y Z. Meaning to move a GO north you would type:

.targetgo
    .move 20 0 0

That will move your targeted GO 20 spaces to the north. To move it South, make the 20 a negative number.

.targetgo
    .move -20 0 0

That will move it 20 spaces to the South of its current location. The same applys for East and West, but using the second number.

.targetgo
    .move 0 20 0 (East)
    .move 0 -20 0 (West)

When you want to move an Object around, look at your Minimap and think of it as a XY Grid Axis. That will help you alot with determening which numbers should be negative and posative.

Now for the third number. This number affects the Z Axis of your GO. Meaning it will determine wether it goes Up or Down. Meaning

.move 0 0 20 Will make your object go into the air 20 spaces. Same with negavtive will make it go down.

BUGS AND THIER SOLUTIONS

Sometimes when you add a building, you wont be able to see it. This could be caused by several things. One is the chance that when you spawned the object, it is an underground object. Meaning when you spawned it, its there, just underneath you. Try using your .move 0 0 20 command to bring it above ground.

Another thing is if you try to add a large building, it will be partially underneath ground. This will cause alot of bugs with veiwing it if you are inside. For instance if you attempt to add the Cathederal, and go inside, alot of the walls will dissapear and you wont beable to see what the **** your doing. To fix this you have to move it above ground using your .move command. Play with it a little and you'll get it.

WARNINGS

Just some warnings before you go out and try to add all the buildings you can. Some of the GameObjects are unstable and WILL crash your game. And once you've added them, you have to re-install WoW because you will not be able to get them out of the game. I've only found once so far and its:

[gameobj 300076]
    name=Karazhan Future Tower Instance
    type=14
    model=9077

Do NOT use that object under any circumstance.

WHOOOOOT!

Well now you know the basics of adding and moving Custom buildings around! Try playing around with some of the bigger buidlings by adding benches and other useable objects in them. Make your own house on designer island or in the depths of Blackrock Spire! Have fun, and remember to always keep a clean folder of World of Warcraft in case you **** up.

If you find any other bugs / tips, please post them here and I'll update my guide with them, and also give credit to the contributor.

A Noobs Guide to Adding Buildings
    tyman2006's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A Noobs Guide to Adding Buildings

Guide is out of date. This guide was designed for 1.11.1. I'd say youd need to either remove it or have it closed. Sorry for saying this, but you need to make the guide yourself. cause when you make the guide yourself then you know its in date.
    |

|

WoWLegend's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moved to correct section

Zokmag's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude we dont use 1.11.1 anymore....

mredman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry about that guys...didnt even notice the revision...will be more careful next time

byebyet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww I really want to make buildings like inns and blacksmiths on my 2.0.3 MANGoS! I don't see a download link in all that text either

Johse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some how i cant make this work... any way i just leave it before i realy hurt my PC :P