0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(GUIDE) Obtain RIFT For Free - Play Right Into F2P Release

Hello there everyone! RIFT is a few days away from entering F2P and with that said, now is a good time to claim a free copy of the game from Raptr to obtain rewards for owning the game before F2P. Raptr has been doing this for a month now, but I just wanted to share a guide I made awhile back for another site. I hope this is helpful to you and be sure to share with your friends to join into the game together!

Raptr has recently added more codes that allow users to obtain RIFT, the expansion pack and 30 days of subscription time. As such, I've decided to make this guide to explain how one can obtain such a code and why it is a good idea to do such before the game goes F2P. With that said, I will explain this in three sections. WHY will explain why one should get the code before F2P. WHAT will list some, if not all of the rewards you will obtain for doing such. HOW will explain how to obtain the code as well as the various rewards you will get from the 30 day subscription as well as other things.

Don't know what RIFT is? RIFT is a soon to be F2P MMO (currently P2P) that revolves around an elemental rift system that features attacking hordes of creatures that will try to take over the world. Players will also battle it out against other players from an opposing faction while holding off the elemental monstrosities that will try to destroy everything in their path. Not enough? Each element type will also battle it out with other element types! RIFT also features loads of class combinations, mounts, open and structured PvP and more!

WHY:

By obtaining this code, you will receive RIFT, the expansion pack and 30 days of subscription time without paying a single penny. Having access to the expansion pack will grant you additional souls in-game that act as building blocks for new classes. With 30 days of subscription time, you will gain rewards as a subscriber that will also unlock additional rewards due to the fact that you will have a subscription moving into the F2P release on June 12. You will also be considered a full member and thus may play the game without any restrictions moving into F2P. Currently the game has a trial that will only allow you to get up to lv20. There are other restrictions in place, such as 2 character slots. You will also not have access to the expansion souls going into F2P. The expansion must be bought, even after the game goes into F2P release, unless you obtain this code.

WHAT:

Here is a list of some, if not all of the rewards you will obtain for doing certain things.

Using Raptr:
    - Full Game
    - Expansion Pack
    - 30 Day Subscription
    - Cosmetic Helmet
    - Cosmetic Shoulders
    - Raptr Pet

Using A Refferal Link:
    - 3 Frozen Eclipse Stones
    - 5 Empyreal Slayer's Marks
    - 3 Freelancer's Marks
    - 2 Lucky Coins
    - 10 Infinity Stones
    - Novitiate's Phylactery (Increases All XP Gained By 5% Until Lv20)
    - Exclusive Skill (Summon Friend)
    - Exclusive Title (The Chosen)

Owning Game Before F2P:
    - Extra Character Slots
    - Extra Bag Slots
    - Expansion Souls
    - More (Unknown)

Owning Game In General (With 30 Day Subscription Time):
    - Faction Helmet
    - Potions / Buffs
    - No Restrictions (Most Will Be Lifted With F2P Release)
    - Loyalty Rewards (Based On Subscription Time)

Subscribing After F2P (Can Be From Subscription Time Obtained Before F2P That Is Moving Into F2P Release):
    - +15% Currency
    - Can Summon Banker, Guild Banker, and Trainer
    - +10% Mount Speed
    - PvE Reputation Boost
    - XP Boost
    - RIFT Currency Boost
    - PvP Reputation Boost
    - PvP XP Boost

HOW:

First off, note that I am currently playing on Wolfbane server as a Defiant for those who want to join me. With that said, we can still party, even as different factions. You may also switch servers once a week. Anywho, follow these steps...

1. Make RIFT Account
    Use THIS Link For Referral Rewards (Or Friends Referral Link)
    (OR)
    Use THIS Link Without Referral Rewards

2. Make Raptr Account (Verify It Via Email)

3. Download Raptr Desktop (Required)

4. Download RIFT Lite Client (Sign Into RIFT Account First)

5. Launch Raptr Desktop

6. Finish RIFT Lite Download / Installation

7. Go To Raptr Desktop

8. Hit + Button (Aka More Widgets)

9. Hit 'Game Launcher'

10. Find RIFT Within Games List (Game Must Be Installed First)

11. Launch RIFT Via 'Launch Selected Game' Button

12. Wait For RIFT To Download / Patch (Note You May Play The Game Before Full Download / Patch)

13. Launch Game Into Character Select Screen

14. Keep Game Open For Total Of 13/14 Hours (You Are Not Required To Play) (You Must Obtain 'Experienced' Rank In RIFT Via Raptr Ranking)

15. Claim Raptr Rewards (Helmet / Shoulder May Be Claimed Before Game + Expansion + 30 Day Sub)
    - Game + Expansion + 30 Day Sub:
    - Cosmetic Helmet
    - Cosmetic Shoulders

16. ???

17. PROFIT!

I suggest that you close the game within the first few minutes of the first time you launch it via Raptr to ensure that time is being kept. If Raptr updates your time played in RIFT, it is working properly and you can re-launch the game to continue gaining hours for your rewards. Note that you may need to close Raptr after 13/14 hours for Raptr to update your time and thus allow you to claim your rewards. Thus I suggest you actually note when you should check your time after 13/14 hours. Furthermore, Raptr also has a Raptr pet for RIFT, but it requires literally weeks of game time, hence I did not list it. You can however find this reward on the Raptr site or Raptr desktop. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the game! Feel free to +rep me for this post.

(GUIDE) Obtain RIFT For Free - Play Right Into F2P Release
    Endbringer's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because it's not a repost, if you make a longer post

Shykon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L e o's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i do the raptr method and get the expansion + 30 days before June 12th will i be able to play for free after the 30 days with the 2 character slots and 3 bag limitations lifted?

CrownedClown's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you don't have to run the game straight for 15 hours to get "experienced", so you can claim the rewards?

lilloki2000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing that can be done is make fake accounts for the Ascend a friend goodies such as the pet hat and mount. What you do with the accounts is up to you.All it takes is logging into raptr with a different account to get another code.

cukiemunster's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this work if I purchased Rift back at launch, and only need the expansion? Or do I need to create a brand new account in order to get the expansion?

cutwalk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cukiemunster View Post
    Will this work if I purchased Rift back at launch, and only need the expansion? Or do I need to create a brand new account in order to get the expansion?
    would like to know this aswell

giggling's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cukiemunster View Post
    You can get the Storm Legion upgrade using Raptr, but you don't get the free 30 days of game time. You may get charged by Trion for 30 days when you apply the code.

llammahed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I used your link to get RIFT, then created an account with Raptr and registered with both RIFT and Raptr. Launched the game with Raptr and waiting for total patch (because I'm going to bed)

So doing this and getting the game time count up past 15 hours or so will give me all those benefits you say? I'm just being 100% sure on this!

Oh and here is the link for Raptr and RIFT Storm Legion stuffs OP was talking about
    Last edited by llammahed; 06-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Necronomnicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's still 3000+ and all I had to do was sign in on my desktop and link my steam since I already had enough hours logged there, very nice find thanks for sharing this. I think I'm gonna make a second account and let it sit open just in case I decide to multibox or bot it later in the summer.

cutwalk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Necronomnicon View Post
    there's still 3000+ and all I had to do was sign in on my desktop and link my steam since I already had enough hours logged there, very nice find thanks for sharing this. I think I'm gonna make a second account and let it sit open just in case I decide to multibox or bot it later in the summer.
    dont forget to refer yourself

+ you already bought the regular game and only got the expansion of this method right?

Necronomnicon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cutwalk View Post
    dont forget to refer yourself

+ you already bought the regular game and only got the expansion of this method right?
    yes, it just gave me the expansion. in the FTP release that would unlock every soul class for me in the game , the last thing I needed before the FTP switch.