Some Pro Tips for Neverwinter menu

These ads disappear when you log in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    FattyXP's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    169
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

    Some Pro Tips for Neverwinter

    So myself and my guild members have found a few things that most people probably already know about, but I haven't found a unified place that lists such tips.
    These tips help get around some of the limitations imposed on us to do with currency, bag space, etc.

    Tips:
    #1: Do you need more bag space? Mail yourself items with @accountnamehere as the destination address. Mail doesn't expire, Unlimited account wide bank!

    #2: Wish you had the AD from one character on the other so you could afford that big ticket item? NO PROBLEM! Go to the zen/diamond exchange, On the "buy zen" page, put in 50 diamonds as price you want to pay, then put in how many zen it will take to transfer the amount of AD you need. Once you put it up, go to the "Listings" page, and cancel the listing. Your AD is put into the "Exchange Balance". Log onto the character you want the AD on, and withdraw the AD from the balance. Boom, AD transfer.

    #3: If you need to transfer gold to another character of yours but don't trust anyone else, sign up for a second account, open the game again, and trade it to yourself! If you still have Alt as the key to enable mouse mode, use the windows key to minimize the window or you will close the trade window when you alt+tab.

    Thats all I've got for now, as I stumble upon more things, I'll let you know!

    These ads disappear when you log in.

  2. #2
    yakahz's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    65
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    or u can just use windowed mode to trade with urself :P

  3. #3
    FattyXP's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    169
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by yakahz View Post
    or u can just use windowed mode to trade with urself :P
    That too, but I hate changing resolutions and shit.

  4. #4
    Cubby's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

    Another TIp

    Thanks for those tips.

    Another I've found useful is that you can switch your companion to one you're trying to level up before you turn in quests.

  5. #5
    llammahed's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    86
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    One to add:
    If you're looking for hefty XP, start a Foundry mission before the Foundry Hour and turn it in right as the Foundry Hour starts for 1.5*XP. You only have to complete the mission during the time, not start it. This give you extra time to complete more Foundry missions during the hour alotted.

  6. #6
    Necronomnicon's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    78
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by llammahed View Post
    One to add:
    If you're looking for hefty XP, start a Foundry mission before the Foundry Hour and turn it in right as the Foundry Hour starts for 1.5*XP. You only have to complete the mission during the time, not start it. This give you extra time to complete more Foundry missions during the hour alotted.
    I used to do that the first week or 2 of the game, witch hammer was my favorite over all, I also liked blood and sand and the bar fight. I never really checked out how much I'd come out with after the foundry changes to xp, so I'm glad you posted this since I used to use the foundry for the second toon I made to avoid the fetch quests lol. I guess I'll give witch hammer a shot the next foundry even and see if any new chapters were added while I'm at it. I suggest that one, for the fun factor really more than xp, it was pretty fun i must have done it a dozen times across a few toons.It's also pretty decent I liked how the questline opened up , with the poker game with the magic deck heh.

  7. #7
    llammahed's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    86
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by Necronomnicon View Post
    I used to do that the first week or 2 of the game, witch hammer was my favorite over all, I also liked blood and sand and the bar fight. I never really checked out how much I'd come out with after the foundry changes to xp, so I'm glad you posted this since I used to use the foundry for the second toon I made to avoid the fetch quests lol. I guess I'll give witch hammer a shot the next foundry even and see if any new chapters were added while I'm at it. I suggest that one, for the fun factor really more than xp, it was pretty fun i must have done it a dozen times across a few toons.It's also pretty decent I liked how the questline opened up , with the poker game with the magic deck heh.
    Hey,
    Share your results here:
    Collaborative Foundry Mission Spreadsheet
    Even just use the page for your own exploitive adventures.

  8. #8
    DocTerry's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by yakahz View Post
    or u can just use windowed mode to trade with urself :P
    I tried this tonight, and the first window closed when I opened the second. It announced that I had logged in from another location. It looks like they have "fixed" this--or I'm doing something wrong?

  9. #9
    kevin719's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Try to take an appointment at 2 different places and be at both at the same time ... that's what you tried to do ^^

  10. #10
    YRUSODUMB's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by DocTerry View Post
    I tried this tonight, and the first window closed when I opened the second. It announced that I had logged in from another location. It looks like they have "fixed" this--or I'm doing something wrong?
    ............... you need 2 accounts

  11. #11
    5o4KING's Avatar Member CoreCoins User
    Reputation
    4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    LOL
    /10char

  12. #12
    DocTerry's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by YRUSODUMB View Post
    ............... you need 2 accounts
    Actually, when I failed with the two characters on one account, I opened a 2nd account.
    I got one char from each acct together on the same instance of the same shard, and opened two side by side windows.
    When I opened the trade window and added some gold, the trade window opened for the other account. So far so good.
    However, when I changed focus to the 2nd window; the first trade window closed.

    Tomorrow I'll try it on two different computers.

    But thanks for the help

  13. #13
    YRUSODUMB's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by DocTerry View Post
    Actually, when I failed with the two characters on one account, I opened a 2nd account.
    I got one char from each acct together on the same instance of the same shard, and opened two side by side windows.
    When I opened the trade window and added some gold, the trade window opened for the other account. So far so good.
    However, when I changed focus to the 2nd window; the first trade window closed.

    Tomorrow I'll try it on two different computers.

    But thanks for the help


    Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    #3: If you need to transfer gold to another character of yours but don't trust anyone else, sign up for a second account, open the game again, and trade it to yourself! If you still have Alt as the key to enable mouse mode, use the windows key to minimize the window or you will close the trade window when you alt+tab.
    Originally Posted by yakahz View Post
    or u can just use windowed mode to trade with urself :P
    <- in this case user does not need to alt-tab but can instead use the mouse pointer to switch client windows.

  14. #14
    stevebob's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    my "pro" tips, lol

    when leveling multiple alts send them a level 15 companion, there is no restriction on when you can use it. I've created a tank version just for this, holds aggo and does lots of dmg. Makes leveling a breeze. One thing I didn't realize is it "binds" it to the character (doh!) but, if you play to level 16 you get the companion back free of charge. I've also experimented with doing just enough dailys with toon to get AD to unbind.

    I, in part, created several accounts so I could make my own guild for the guild bank. Word of warning, all the toons in the party have to be level 15 and in the same instance of Protectors Enclave to create the guild, plus, once the guild is created it costs 150k AD to open first group of bank slots. Coincidentally level 15 is the level needed to invoke and to get professions (13 I think on professions). I ran 5 instances of the client on windowed mode with the quality and speed sliders all the way to the left. Went easier than I thought. As suggested above I've been using the mail to hold things, though it's a pain in the ass, the guild bank will help with that.

    I've been making AD buying low priced blue and lvl 60 items, vendoring them, buying Major Heal pots and posting them. Right now on my server they sell between 110-120AD per 99. I've made over 500k AD this way. It's just a matter of figuring out a good ratio of vendor cost to AD to buy and sell. Word of warning though, it's extremely repetitive and boring. I've setup an autoit script to handle the buying, the retrieval from the postman, and the selling, my wrist started to hurt soon after I started this, thank you autoit. If you go this route make sure each click is done three times. With server lag and latency I've had issues with the clicks not registering (oh shit, I just deleted a mail message with that purple item attached).

    When leveling a new toon I always mail them 20 of each of the profession kits before they do anything. Every little bit counts. One thing though, accts less than level 15 cannot whisper or mail. The only way they can mail is if they are friended with someone. Also, once the toon is at 15 I "hire" the first guy for each profession and mail them and all the profession mats I found to my main acct.

    In the starting zone there are several chests tucked away here and there, if you can find them they have some grey vendor stuff that can give you enough cash to buy additional profession kits when needed. Look inside all of the destroyed catapults and wooden structures, around corners, etc.

    When buying and selling stuff (with other players), if possible, buy with gold and sell for keys and idols, never sell for gold, gold is the hardest to transfer to AD. It's possible, just a pain in the ass.

    Things like Jeweled Idols, Coalescent Wards and keys, people use these as "AH cut free" ways to transfer AD.

    At the moment on my server 1 key = ~30g (ranges from 28 to 32g) = 40000 AD = 1 Jeweled Idol

    When chasing expiring low buy out purples in the AH, realize the system doesn't let you put in a bid the last 60 seconds of the listing. Right now I'm seeing people bidding after the 1m window is up, not sure how they are doing this. Maybe someone could chime in on this.

    Going to add things as I think of it.

    At level 10 there are vendors in the Market area that will sell you blue level items for coppers, makes leveling easier.

    You can use lvl 60 items in your companion weapon/ring/icon slots. Not sure what stats transfer though.
    Last edited by stevebob; 07-17-2013 at 08:11 AM.

  15. #15
    YRUSODUMB's Avatar Private
    Reputation
    1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Originally Posted by stevebob View Post
    When chasing expiring low buy out purples in the AH, realize the system doesn't let you put in a bid the last 60 seconds of the listing. Right now I'm seeing people bidding after the 1m window is up, not sure how they are doing this. Maybe someone could chime in on this.
    .
    try using the gateway AH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pro tip for faster GM tickets.
    By raceboy404 in forum World of Warcraft Guides
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 04:16 AM
  2. Amigo's Pro-tips for New DKs
    By amig0 in forum World of Warcraft Guides
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 01:00 AM
  3. Looking for some more tips for selling my account
    By Juicy009 in forum World of Warcraft General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
  4. Some tips for the average Joe
    By Collin123 in forum World of Warcraft General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
  5. Some tips for Rapid Share Limit...
    By Future[sMg] in forum Community Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 04:35 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search