Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How big will it be?

I'm curious.

I read several things about how big the world of ESO will be, but i didnt found a straight awnser. Anyone knows something about that?
    I found it would be 2 times bigger as Great britain but thats RLY big..

How big will it be?
    Sylph027's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sjaak12309 View Post
    I'm curious.

I read several things about how big the world of ESO will be, but i didnt found a straight awnser. Anyone knows something about that?
    I found it would be 2 times bigger as Great britain but thats RLY big..
    Dont quote me on this, but If I remember right I think they said just the Cyrodil zone will be as big as the playable area of TES 3,4, and 5 combined

UDontKnowWhoIAm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.O sounds too good to be true

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too good to be true?!?

Big world doesn't mean a fun world. The gameplay looks like garbage and a GIANT world like that will be fun to explore, but my experience with Elder Scroll games is that they make realistic feeling worlds, but the gameplay is shallow and boring. Even the gameplay footage we've seen looks like it is no better than the single player games, which amounts to swinging a plank the same way every time until its dead.

Do you really like running for HOURS and HOURS just to get to your friends? That's the whole point of an online game, to play with other people. There is a reason why virtually every MMO implements portals and teleportation methods to speed the play, only a small subset of people actually like having to haul your ass to somewhere in order to do something.

Only time will tell, but IMO the ES games have gotten far more good publicity than they deserve and the actual number of people who continue to play after the intial "Wow this world looks beautiful" is far less than people believe.

bt411's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible generate infinite large worlds with procedural algorithms.

Though if you want quests and story it wont help you the least bit as this is where the most work lies in.

solidriver's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Too good to be true?!?

Big world doesn't mean a fun world. The gameplay looks like garbage and a GIANT world like that will be fun to explore, but my experience with Elder Scroll games is that they make realistic feeling worlds, but the gameplay is shallow and boring. Even the gameplay footage we've seen looks like it is no better than the single player games, which amounts to swinging a plank the same way every time until its dead.

Do you really like running for HOURS and HOURS just to get to your friends? That's the whole point of an online game, to play with other people. There is a reason why virtually every MMO implements portals and teleportation methods to speed the play, only a small subset of people actually like having to haul your ass to somewhere in order to do something.

Only time will tell, but IMO the ES games have gotten far more good publicity than they deserve and the actual number of people who continue to play after the intial "Wow this world looks beautiful" is far less than people believe.

But these portals and warps still have to be reached after hours of play so basic still stands..you first need to explore:P

Noodlecup's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The combat in this game seems to be lacking the kind of depth I'm usually looking for in a game. The whatever ultra powerful group spells thing sounded kind of interesting but I doubt it will be that positive of a surprise in the end. From the video content that I've seen I think that exploration will be the most interesting aspect of this game but I doubt it can keep me that interested for a long time sadly. :/
    All in all this doesn't seem like a game that would fit a hardcore gamer very well

2serious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Too good to be true?!?

Sounds to me like you have this game all figured out and it is not to your liking. I disagree or at least haven't gotten enough info to make the conclusions.

First MMO I played was DAoC back in 2001 and it took a long time to get around the map. Also if you died you had to get a priest char to come revive you or you had to travel the long route back to the farming area. It made the gameplay way more interesting as time consequences to your mistakes added something today's MMOs lack.

Personally I tried WoW and found it just plain goofy/childish and this gives me hope of some engaging gameplay without looking like a cartoon for a 9 year old. I hope this game forces players to spend a long time playing until they get fast-travel/portal use priveleges and weeds out all the people looking for instant gratification. Half of the points you make which you consider negatives are big pluses to me.
    Last edited by 2serious; 06-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2serious View Post
    Sounds to me like you have this game all figured out and it is not to your liking. I disagree or at least haven't gotten enough info to make the conclusions.

First MMO I played was DAoC back in 2001 and it took a long time to get around the map. Also if you died you had to get a priest char to come revive you or you had to travel the long route back to the farming area. It made the gameplay way more interesting as time consequences to your mistakes added something today's MMOs lack.

Personally I tried WoW and found it just plain goofy/childish and this gives me hope of some engaging gameplay without looking like a cartoon for a 9 year old. I hope this game forces players to spend a long time playing until they get fast-travel/portal use priveleges and weeds out all the people looking for instant gratification. Half of the points you make which you consider negatives are big pluses to me.

You say that *I* have it all figured out, but what you fail to realize is NOTHING stops you from running around WoW or any other MMO world to explore it. The fact of the matter is people generally don't want too. No one forces you to use the portals or fast travel to get around, that is your choice to use them. Yet almost no one forgoes the fast travel in favor of walking, why? Because its boring.

You want people to be forced to suffer through the boring gameplay that YOU like. The portals and fast travel were put in because players complained about having to wait hours and hours for parties to form up. The LFG was put in because back before it existed 9/10 dungeons NEVER got run because it was too much of a pain in the ass to run to the entrances. People like to have rose colored glasses when looking at their past game playing, but I guarantee you that when push comes to shove people will pick the new games over the old for more reasons other than instant gratification.

Now that's not to say the current systems are perfect. There is going too far and I think WoW has done that in some areas. I think they are also realizing this and pulling back some of the conveniences. In my post I was simply pointing out that Skyrim and the other Elder Scrolls games focused on very large open worlds with some, but not densely populated content. This appeals to some players and that's why I said that people will buy it. Then if it is anything like the single player games, which it appears to be based on the few videos out, they will quickly get bored and move on. Hardly anyone plays Vanilla Skyrim. They instead fill it with mods and upgrades, because as I said Bethesda can create great worlds, but the content generally sucks. They leave that to mod authors to create and to develop a more in depth system.

abwesend890's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be a teleportation system.
    It will be possible to teleport from fort to fort if there's no fight atm.
    I think this game has a really good potential.
    The "The Elder Scrolls" series was always very good. - Changing this system into in MMORPG System is an fantastic idea and I always wished and Online Mode for this game.
    Now, they do it and I hope it's release will be in Early 2014 like they said.

looking forward to play the game,
    abwesend