1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scummer

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...ml#post2739690 (Default orbs)
    his skype poppey221 4 days after deal at 170$, claim unauthorized access to his PayPal and now i have open case and -170$ at mine PP.
    Get all trade recorded but im not sure how paypal will resolve it. Shit im really sick of this stupid PP policy when anyone can just enter from another IP or PC and said that he didnt buy anything, that he just loose his pass or was hacked.

scummer
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn scummers >.>

but really sorry, some people suck!
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Snier, first of all sorry for your loss.

I think you have some chances if you politely ask PayPal to check the guy PayPal history. If he scammed more people this way PayPal prob will see he claimed more times unauthorized transactions and you will have some chances to win the dispute...
    Also i highly recommend to also send a mail next time you trade with PayPal or an invoice. At least you will have something more to show PP in such cases/disputes. This way he will also have to claim that his mail also got hacked not just his PP (less credible)

But yeh..guys unless you deal with people who have MASSIVE rep or Feedback's you better all switch to Moneybookers Skrill ... i personalty vote for a revolution here till PayPal loose 90 % of sellers and they will be forced to change these stupid rules and policies ...
    Last edited by Razor33; 05-14-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

somaliasky's Avatar Contributor From NYC, USA Trader
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    196 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it`s a stolen credit card, then you wont get anything back. What kind of unauthourized access he filed? did he issue a chargeback to his creditcard company? Did he have a verified paypal account?

snier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by somaliasky View Post
    If it`s a stolen credit card, then you wont get anything back. What kind of unauthourized access he filed? did he issue a chargeback to his creditcard company? Did he have a verified paypal account?
    i dont know anything about details he claim, this info probably classified for me.
    Sent by: Colin Seck (The sender of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
    Buyer email: [email protected]
    also i want mention that he write at note of payment itself:
    Note: poe gift exalts disconnected poppeyy (Sent using the PayPal Mobile application)
    Razor32
    problem with skrill that as i know many state banned it at they territory and ppl cant use it for payment.
    about email - yeah, i think about it, will ask send me pm with info about what man paying for.
    invoice - i dont really know how its work - trouble with translation... Is it asking confirmation by email before payment or what?
    Last edited by snier; 05-14-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again Snier.

I personally dint had any problems with MB except some verifications issues once or twice witch were solved in 3-4 days after i send them the info they required (scanned documents and what i use MB for lol). You should really call them and ask how things work for your country ect, because is a really safe method to receive money.

About e-mail on PayPal is always safe to send a verification mail and then ask them to reply it to all your questions.

And now about invoice, i never tried this method but i hear is something safer, and i may even try it out in my future sales.

1) Make the seller confirm their PayPal email - send them some text and ask them to copypaste it to Skype. This way you at least will semi-protect yourself from hacked PP accounts and false claims.

2) When using PayPal, the safest way to get paid is via invoice. Make a statement like this:

"By accepting this invoice, I acknowledge the fact that I am purchasing a virtual item with no warranty and I shall not open a dispute or use chargeback according to PayPal policy on digital goods and services.

I acknowledge the fact that prior to this purchase, I have confirmed my email address to the seller.

I confirm the fact that I've participated in Skype/MSN/Wutever conversation with %your skype name% under alias %their skype name% on %date%."

This should help a lot in case of dispute.

(basically the Invoice options can be found on your PayPal and you use these options to request a payment where you write your own conditions and rules about the trade)

And now about your current situation , you should insist to PayPal to check two things: 1) the IP from witch the scammer logged in most of situations and see if his IP / mac / hardware ID every time is different (normal people don't log from different machines /I P every f*** time) , and the person PayPal account history (if he claimed many unauthorized transactions obviously he is a scammer...)
    With some luck you deal with a tard who is on his nr 10 claimed unauthorized transaction and PayPal will shoot that account down after these investigations.
    And as somaliasky said if you are unlucky the dude used and payed with a stolen CC and then chances are zero since PayPal will not investigate shit couse they don't like reimburse already lost money.

For this situation I wish you good luck mate ! And for the future , remember "be smart , trade safe" !
    Last edited by Razor33; 05-16-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

viber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice read, razor.
    I'll use these methods to secure myself against scammers!
    Also have you heard about moneybookers? It's not that easy to dispute or chargeback there! Go check it out.

Wowbattleboost's Avatar Sergeant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    49 (96%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips on how to trade safe!

snier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **** paypal! that my tip for everyone else. They just didnt protect seller if u sell non material goods period (check they policy rules). All ur action is nothing to them, this is what i figured out from my expirience. So just dont use PP for selling virtual items.

stalkk's Avatar Banned Europe's largest D3 gold trader CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    90 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tips thanks!