0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expansion upon quest sharing exploits

The sharing system in this game is bugged at the moment. In addition there seems to be errors related to their database system saving or labeling a quest as completed at multiple steps; read below:
    Im not a programmer, but I understand the basics….

NPC Has a quest (Display new quest to player if player has not completed X quest before)
    NPC Gave quest (Display ‘currently on quest’ icon to play if player has quest in log)
    NPC Has quest complete for reward (Display ‘quest ready for reward’ icon if requirements for quest ‘completed’ have been met).

Here is where the system is funky:
    To share a quest (get a quest from a player and not npc) the system is not flagging the player as completing the quest already for many quests. So, the npc will not show the quest as available (because part of the process is flagged as you already completing the quest) but a player can still share it.

So, the exploits come into play for quests that are sharable. In this recent exploit case the quest was simply “Meet this npc and get a reward”. So, one person shares the quest over and over with another player. The second player keeps turning in the quest and accepting the share from the first person.

Expansion upon quest sharing exploits
    Unlitmoon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by runt23 View Post
    The sharing system in this game is bugged at the moment. In addition there seems to be errors related to their database system saving or labeling a quest as completed at multiple steps; read below:
    Im not a programmer, but I understand the basics….

NPC Has a quest (Display new quest to player if player has not completed X quest before)
    NPC Gave quest (Display ‘currently on quest’ icon to play if player has quest in log)
    NPC Has quest complete for reward (Display ‘quest ready for reward’ icon if requirements for quest ‘completed’ have been met).

Here is where the system is funky:
    To share a quest (get a quest from a player and not npc) the system is not flagging the player as completing the quest already for many quests. So, the npc will not show the quest as available (because part of the process is flagged as you already completing the quest) but a player can still share it.

So, the exploits come into play for quests that are sharable. In this recent exploit case the quest was simply “Meet this npc and get a reward”. So, one person shares the quest over and over with another player. The second player keeps turning in the quest and accepting the share from the first person.
    Yep, seems to cover it. The recent fix, from what I understand, simply made the quest everyone was using unsharable. So conceivably, it could be done just as well with a similar quest that can still be shared. It would be a matter of finding one without any real objectives and scaling rewards.

Also, the double AD event this weekend has me very curious about potential farming methods. There is another thread with one method, but several comments have been made that it's use has been decreased. If there was ever a time for possessors of a nice AD exploit/farm method, this would definitely be it with the event coming this weekend.

Anesith's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are other quest like that one, but will the exp scale is the question.

Xeou's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been looking around most night for something but nothing coming up yet, shame all this got fixed just as I made a tank

ImNoCheater's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xeou View Post
    Been looking around most night for something but nothing coming up yet, shame all this got fixed just as I made a tank
    Theu are pretty fast making those quests unshareable, and i've seen banned ppl around, so be carefull