2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Festergut 25 Man Solo as a BDK

I am trying to solo ICC 25 Man as a BDK and I had no problems until I got to Festergut.

He applies a debuff on you, or whoever he is aggroed to that instakills you at 10 stacks. It's called Gastric Bloat. Even the tooltip says "Does AoE damage for XXX and KILLS THE CASTER", that is, you in this case.

I was wondering if there is a way for a BDK to deal with this ? Maybe some Undead mob that I can Control that can Cleanse this off me ?

There must be a way to do it, I am sure.

Festergut 25 Man Solo as a BDK
    kilauea's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can MC one of the Plague Scientists to help. Also, when he's casting the 9th stack make sure to AMS it. There's a good guide on Wowhead: Festergut - NPC - World of Warcraft

Grose's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's takes some time to get down, but it's pretty easy to trivialize the encounter with Anti-Magic Shell.

About a second or two before Gastric Bloat comes off of cooldown, just use AMS and the stacks of Gastric Bloat should fall right off. Make sure that Festergut isn't going to cast Inhale Blight before he applies Gatric Bloat, I've made the mistake of using AMS too early and not paying attention to timers, which usually causes me to die once every other week or so.

Make sure you have a Plague Scientist with you as well, as he has a buff he can channel to give you 100% more damage. With the extra damage from this guy )
    (or if you have good gear such as my DK,) AMS early and reset the stacks before 8-9 so that even if you mess up the timing you'll still have one more opportunity to use AMS before you die.

This should be all you need to know! I have Heroic LK and most of the instance on farm on Heroic 25, so if you have any questions at all about ICC or soloing in general, feel free to post here or PM me.

Devilsdog's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Grose View Post
    It's takes some time to get down, but it's pretty easy to trivialize the encounter with Anti-Magic Shell.

About a second or two before Gastric Bloat comes off of cooldown, just use AMS and the stacks of Gastric Bloat should fall right off. Make sure that Festergut isn't going to cast Inhale Blight before he applies Gatric Bloat, I've made the mistake of using AMS too early and not paying attention to timers, which usually causes me to die once every other week or so.

Make sure you have a Plague Scientist with you as well, as he has a buff he can channel to give you 100% more damage. With the extra damage from this guy )
    (or if you have good gear such as my DK,) AMS early and reset the stacks before 8-9 so that even if you mess up the timing you'll still have one more opportunity to use AMS before you die.

This should be all you need to know! I have Heroic LK and most of the instance on farm on Heroic 25, so if you have any questions at all about ICC or soloing in general, feel free to post here or PM me.
    Just tried Festergut 25 man solo on a fresh 90 DK in 458 crafted pvp blues and a crafted 463 weapon and it's possible to do as long as you have the add channeling the spell. My dps was low (130k) with the buff and popping AMS just before the 7th / 8th stack is cast made things go smooth, just hitting the enrage and barely surviving it. :P Thanks Grose, your advice helped quite a lot. +rep