Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to tell if Large Chest is in Dread Thicket (Maphack required)

It's pretty simple. It took me a couple runs to notice it, but I didn't see it posted anywhere on here so I figured I'd give it a go and share with the community.
    All you do is when you get in the instance, locate on your map the room that will have the Unique monkies spawned in it. If one edge of the room is squared off (its really obvious) it's guaranteed to have the chest spawned in it. Pictures below.

How to tell if Large Chest is in Dread Thicket (Maphack required)-untitled-jpgHow to tell if Large Chest is in Dread Thicket (Maphack required)-untitled2-jpg

How to tell if Large Chest is in Dread Thicket (Maphack required)
    pushedx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a FYI, this was talked about in the PoE Multihack thread. There's also a few other threads about chest farming in this forum.

This was my reply about it. I don't reccomend making a bunch of instances just to try and find the chests. GGG has been aware of this issue for a long time now. I only assume they are too busy with other things to be able to address it more than they already have (by nerfing spawn rates).

Jacob2332's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
    Just as a FYI, this was talked about in the PoE Multihack thread. There's also a few other threads about chest farming in this forum.

This was my reply about it. I don't reccomend making a bunch of instances just to try and find the chests. GGG has been aware of this issue for a long time now. I only assume they are too busy with other things to be able to address it more than they already have (by nerfing spawn rates).
    Ah. I had browsed through comments on that post mostly to make sure it was a legit thing, and not some knockoff program tryin to log me and whatnot. The only actual thread I saw dedicated to Large Chests was some guy saying its easier to farm Catacombs than DT because it was easier to spot a chest spawn, so I figured I'd post this.

Paiiin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    21/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a FYI, this was talked about in the ([Release] PoE Multihack : Fullbright/Lighting control, Zoomhack, Maphack 0.10.1b+)PoE Multihack thread. There's also a few other threads about chest farming in this forum.
    None of which have any useful information whatsoever, none of which tell how to find chests, none of which are any good at all so tbh they don't matter.

Jacob2332's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Paiiin View Post
    None of which have any useful information whatsoever, none of which tell how to find chests, none of which are any good at all so tbh they don't matter.
    There was one that helped a bit (the one I had talked about in my original post) and then as he said, he actually stated what I made a thread about and posted pics in a different thread.

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably don't care, which is why it hasn't been fixed past nerfing the spawns.

for this to be effective you have to make a LOT of instances, I got only 1 spawn in 10 instances.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 02-25-2013 at 03:15 AM.