19/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy chromatic orbs

Аccording to vendor recipes we get Chromatic Orb x1 from item (linked red, green, and blue sockets) x1

so here is the trick you buy from vendor linked red-green-blue items with low level currency (Blacksmith's Whetstone, Scroll of Wisdom, Orb of Transmutation) and sell it back for chromatic!

Example:
    Easy chromatic orbs-11-jpg

Easy chromatic orbs-2-jpg

Easy chromatic orbs-1-jpg

video with a run through npc vendors
    was lucky at 0.45 and 2.05
    Last edited by sn4rk; 02-13-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Added video

Easy chromatic orbs
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    awesome, works nice.
    +15 and 500 corecoins

darkmaouli's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really?

Common knowledge from the official forum...

Chromatic Orb
    Recipe: Item with linked blue, green and red sockets
    Reward: Chromatic Orb
    Finder: wackedupwacky
    And I already posted this link:
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...r-recipes.html (Vendor Recipes)
    Last edited by darkmaouli; 02-12-2013 at 06:46 PM.

montgola's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Kurios just never took the time to read that xD

sn4rk's Avatar Active Member
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    19/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darkmaouli
    When i met recipe list at first i didn't even think of how can someone abuse it and now you just buy from npc vendor a linked item and sell it back for chromatic
    so basically you buy an item cheap ((Blacksmith's Whetstone, Scroll of Wisdom, Orb of Transmutation) and sell it back to vendor for chromatic orb
    If you have many characters you can visit every npc in every city in every act
    some time you get none from single vendor or sometimes 2 or 3
    PS. +rep for you for showing recipe list :P
    Last edited by sn4rk; 02-13-2013 at 04:04 AM.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by montgola View Post
    Yeah Kurios just never took the time to read that xD
    No, I truly spend too much time on modding OC

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stumbled upon this myself the other day, and realized the vendors had all 3 linked colors for cheap. I've gotten about 15 chromatics in the last day for the price of 15 orb of transmutation. Not bad, glad I was picking up all those blues when I started =-)

Anyone know exactly what resets the vendors? logging in our out? or do the towns fall under the same 8 minute rule that outside zones do?

Thinking of trying to write an autoit bot to do the work for us, though I think it might be a bit complicated to do with autoit. and would probably be easier to do with memory reading lol.

+rep, I don't care if its "common forum knowledge" I don't frequent official forums, mostly just ******* trolls in them for most games.
    It wasn't posted here and now it is, thanks!
    Last edited by FattyXP; 02-13-2013 at 04:45 PM.

kinkey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People claim that the only way to reset a vendor is to wait 24H (They apperently reset on 24H intervals) or get a level. Both of which reset vendor items. (I got no source other than alot of random people).

darkmaouli's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gatting a level reset the vendors, but you can reset them by exiting the city and coming back by pressing CTRL whyle you clic on the portail and create a new city witch creates new vendors!

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkmaouli View Post
    Gatting a level reset the vendors, but you can reset them by exiting the city and coming back by pressing CTRL whyle you clic on the portail and create a new city witch creates new vendors!
    AHH, its CONTROL I always thought you were suppose to right click it or something to reset. Now thats easy =-)

edit: That doesn't seem to reset vendors.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 02-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.

dimon222's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    darkmaouli, not working. If you click CTRL+TP - no instance change window. If you do the same on WP+Town or on the way to town - no "create new instance" button.

dimon222's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kinkey View Post
    People claim that the only way to reset a vendor is to wait 24H (They apperently reset on 24H intervals) or get a level. Both of which reset vendor items. (I got no source other than alot of random people).
    Originally Posted by darkmaouli View Post
    I just confirmed for myself that the only way the vender resets per character is by leveling. I have not played in almost 2 weeks, and there have been patches since I last loaded the game. So server restarts, patches, logging in/out, Ctrl click, none of that changes the vendors. I remember that there was a 2h sword that I could vendor for a chromatic on page 2, and a dagger on page 4. I remember them specifically because I did not have the alt and transmute to buy them, since I had just used them all to roll. Upon logging in, those items are still there, along with others I remember seeing because of interesting sockets and links.

Sylph027's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    I just confirmed for myself that the only way the vender resets per character is by leveling. I have not played in almost 2 weeks, and there have been patches since I last loaded the game. So server restarts, patches, logging in/out, Ctrl click, none of that changes the vendors. I remember that there was a 2h sword that I could vendor for a chromatic on page 2, and a dagger on page 4. I remember them specifically because I did not have the alt and transmute to buy them, since I had just used them all to roll. Upon logging in, those items are still there, along with others I remember seeing because of interesting sockets and links.

1... Why bump old threads that are common knowledge?

2... I CONFIRM vendors reset each day. Unless they changed it that is... they used to, and it makes sense. How else do you think high levels would get access to new items on the vendor?

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K so, I made that post a week ago. Here are screenshots from today (I have not played PoE since that post)

Notice anything? The exact items I listed before. A week ago. In the same spot. Same vendor. Same Superior % on the Boot Knife.
    and again, a patch so there were server restarts, and many times it should have reset.

And dude... necroing a post in this forum is a matter of looking 5 posts down from the top... get a life.

Perhaps there is a level you reach where you reset every 24 hours, but I guess I'm not there yet. It actually makes sense that there would be, you wouldn't want to waste the processing power on refreshing all the level 1's out there.

and again man... its not "common knowledge" There are many many people out there that don't know about any of the recipes or that they even exist. Not everyone reads game forums, not everyone searches Google for every last bit of info about a game they are playing. Some people just want to load up and kill shit. and some of those use hacks, and end up here looking for them, and see "Oh snap I can make some currency"
    Last edited by FattyXP; 04-03-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast