0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to compile Project Silverpine MaNGOS Zero under Noobuntu 8.04+

Before I get started, I'd just like to say that Project Silverpine is basically a weekly-two weeks updated core thats basically an improved version of MaNGOS Zero. So, now lets begin.
    Upsides of Project Silverpine: Doesn't require a ScriptDev patch and uses CMake.

What you will need: An Ubuntu 8.04+ operating system with atleast a Gigabyte of RAM and a 1.8 GHz processor.

Downloads (Via terminal):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++ automake git-core autoconf make patch libmysql++-dev mysql-server libtool libssl-dev grep binutils zlibc libc6 libbz2-dev cmake
    Now, you'll have to get the server files!
    So, type ctrl+alt+T and your terminal will pop up. You will then type : git clone git://github.com/ProjectSilverpine/server.git http://imgur.com/ySmxUjq
    It will begin to pull the GIT files to your Z:/ (The C:/ drive of Linux) drive. After its finished, we can move onto the CMaking.
    So, what you'll put into your terminal is: cmake <SourceFolderName, which is in this case server> -DPREFIX=
    So, I'd type cmake server -DPREFIX=server http://imgur.com/PrdmuU5
    After its finished, it should be good. Now, you'll begin the COMPILING!! Compiling sounds scary, but its incredibly easy. Simply type in the terminal: Make
    When its finished, type make install http://imgur.com/hLvW03q (Just add install to the word make after you typed make for the first time).
    Good job! Its almost ready to go!!
    In order to run our server, we need to extract some files from the game client.

To extract the files, copy from the source directory contrib/extractor/ad.exe and the content of the contrib/vmap_extract_assembler_bin directory to your World of Warcraft 1.12 installation.
    There run ad.exe. This will extract files into new dbc and maps directories. After that, run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat. This will extract files into new vmaps and Buildings directories.
    dbc (standing for DataBaseClient) contains client-side database files containing data about items, NPC's, environment, world, etc. These data also happen to be needed server-side. maps holds a 3D mesh of the world. vmaps (Vertical MAPS) holds collision data. It's the stuff that prevents you from walking trough walls.
    You can delete the Buildings directory (it's a temporary folder created by the vmaps extractor and used as input by the vmaps assembler). Copy all other extracted directories to the bin directory under the install directory. If you are too lazy to get the maps/vmaps/dbc, you'll have to find a download, as I do not support downloading illegal files. (I do, but OwnedCore doesn't :P).

Now for the dreaded database. Remember how you got MySQL? Now that comes in handy. Open your terminal and type: git clone git://github.com/ProjectSilverpine/database.git
    and wait for it to finish. While that finishes, I suggest getting HeidiSQL at Heidisql.com which will allow you to execute the queries with speed. I'll merge the database into a massive SQL to make it easier for you guys later if requested. Open Heidisql, and create four new databases.
    Code:
    1named ZP_World
    1 named ZP_Realm
    1 named ZP_Characters
    1 named ScriptDevZero
    Last edited by turtleswin; 02-07-2013 at 07:56 AM.

How to compile Project Silverpine MaNGOS Zero under Noobuntu 8.04+