132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying new computer

Hey, I'm going to get a new computer, from the scratch, since my current one is really bad and old...
    Now I'm not very good at computer hardware and i wonder if there is someone nice out there that can help me out by giving me a list of parts i could buy... ^-^
    My budget is around 900 euros, thanks in advance!
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

Buying new computer
    Thaadevil's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Sweden?

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I built for a friend a while back.

That is assuming you don't need a display/keyboard/mouse.

For the extra budget I would swap the motherboard to AsRock Z77 Extreme6 and GPU to HD7950, should be close to the 900€ mark you have and you should be able to overclock it well.
    If you don't plan on overclocking then you can swap the 2500K for 3570K which is slightly faster at stock speeds than the 2500K.
    Super Unicum

Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stige View Post
    Something I built for a friend a while back.

That is assuming you don't need a display/keyboard/mouse.

For the extra budget I would swap the motherboard to AsRock Z77 Extreme6 and GPU to HD7950, should be close to the 900€ mark you have and you should be able to overclock it well.
    If you don't plan on overclocking then you can swap the 2500K for 3570K which is slightly faster at stock speeds than the 2500K.
    Is the power supply included in the case? If so, it's most likely a cheapy and potentially unsafe PSU. Always use a quality brand such as Seasonic, Corsair or OCZ and stay clear from "unpopular" and unknown brands. I'd also get lower profile RAM as that RAM may cause a problem when installing a 3rd party cooler.

And my last niggle would be the graphics card. I would personally get another brand, but I guess it's mostly down to personal preference.

Edit: also just noticed you recommended the 2500K. The 3570K is just about the same price and offers more features as well as slightly increased performance. It's overclocking capability is the same as sandy processors. The heat issue is when you start increasing voltages around the 4.6GHz point but a decent cooler could get you there anyhow.
    Last edited by Smoogels; 01-23-2013 at 09:00 AM.

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smoogels View Post
    Is the power supply included in the case? If so, it's most likely a cheapy and potentially unsafe PSU. Always use a quality brand such as Seasonic, Corsair or OCZ and stay clear from "unpopular" and unknown brands. I'd also get lower profile RAM as that RAM may cause a problem when installing a 3rd party cooler.

And my last niggle would be the graphics card. I would personally get another brand, but I guess it's mostly down to personal preference.

Edit: also just noticed you recommended the 2500K. The 3570K is just about the same price and offers more features as well as slightly increased performance. It's overclocking capability is the same as sandy processors. The heat issue is when you start increasing voltages around the 4.6GHz point but a decent cooler could get you there anyhow.
    --I think the power supply was included .. PRO-925B, ATX-kotelo, 600w, musta <-- 600w
    (but probably is ok..)

The user said they are new to hardware..so they're probably not overclocking. No need, 3.3ghz is a lot! And no need for an extra cooler. maybe an extra air fan or 2. $4 ea.?

3.3ghz Core i5 is plenty badass. W/ 8 gigs of ram...waay more than enough. At least it should be...

That looks like a really good pc as is. IF you need extra performance, upgrade the mobo cuz that's #1 starting piece ...and get diff ram/cpu + a cooler like smoogels says. + overclock. My pc is a 2.7 Pentium 4 (single core!) w/ 2 gigs of ram..that are way less than 1600 speed, and 1 gig graphics card. I play wow at 30+ frames per second and most other games(star wars tor /planetside 2) at 15 fps unfortunately. Simple games like counter-strike (all), DayZ/WarZ play at around 25-30.
    With 3.3 cpu, more ram, and better graphics card, your games will be a lot better than mine. Most important factor there is graphics card / ram size. The rest is good.
    imo - depends on your exact needs I guess.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 01-24-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted.

Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't 30 fps really bad? I'm running like 180 in SW on full server without a problem? 0.o

nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a debated topic on how many frames per second the brain can actually interpret from your eyes and how many frames your eyes can see. From most of the reading i've done, the human eye can process anywhere from 20-200fps, but this can also cause stresses on the brain because prolonged periods of stimulation will over-work it. anything above 20-30fps is considered "fluid motion". 30fps is a perfectly reasonable framerate to play games on, and it is also what a lot (most?) movies are shown at.
    So no, 180fps is just overkill and creating excess work for your gpu

Anyway, nice build, i still use the 2500K i5, love it, currently OC'd to 4.5ghz, very stable and easy to use CPU as far as OC goes too.

Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nerfmeplease View Post
    its a debated topic on how many frames per second the brain can actually interpret from your eyes and how many frames your eyes can see. From most of the reading i've done, the human eye can process anywhere from 20-200fps, but this can also cause stresses on the brain because prolonged periods of stimulation will over-work it. anything above 20-30fps is considered "fluid motion". 30fps is a perfectly reasonable framerate to play games on, and it is also what a lot (most?) movies are shown at.

Anyway, nice build, i still use the 2500K i5, love it, currently OC'd to 4.5ghz, very stable and easy to use CPU as far as OC goes too.
    Daaamn you're a smart one

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nerfmeplease View Post

While this is true, if you look at a game running in 30fps and compared it to 60fps, it looks a lot smoother. While gaming is possible at 30fps (I believe consoles do it?) it's a much better experience to go higher and I personally cannot enjoy a game to it's full extent at low frames.