0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracks make people lose money

So I don't know what thread to post it in so I just posted in this one but basically, my friend are I were arguing. If you make a crack and crack a program for your use, the company is basically losing money right? You're using their program that you should of paid for for free. Which means that you could of paid for it but you aren't so their using money.

Am I correct?

Please give feedback!

Cracks make people lose money
    myzar's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say this is too open a question for WoW Bot questions unless you specifically mean cracking a WoW bot, but...

In my mind, most crackers believe themselves as reverse-engineers. If you RE something, you are working at a purely binary level, so really you are not doing anything illegal or unethical. They want to understand and learn.If it's released, then this knowledge is turned "evil" because now it circumvents security and allows for something to be used without proper licensing.

Would you buy something if you had a chance not to buy it? Not according to evidence. There are record breaking levels of movie piracy, and yet they are making record profits. As a purely anecdotal evidence, many of my friends do not pirate games anymore when they can get them for so dirt cheap, as they can get multi-region keys at grey market prices. That's a story for another day, though :P

nojfe's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been thinking about this too, the movie industry and the music industry have been complaining about loosing money because of piracy. But they still have other sources than selling their movies/albums such as cinemas, conserts, radio and tv. They people that are loosing the most money by piracy is the gaming world they only have one source of income and that is selling thier program. I dont think i ever heard any gaming company complain about loosing because of piracy even tho they are the only ones that are the ones getting robbed the most.

By the gaming industry i mean everthing around it too such as bots and other programs.

Darksiege's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nojfe View Post
    I have been thinking about this too, the movie industry and the music industry have been complaining about loosing money because of piracy. But they still have other sources than selling their movies/albums such as cinemas, conserts, radio and tv. They people that are loosing the most money by piracy is the gaming world they only have one source of income and that is selling thier program. I dont think i ever heard any gaming company complain about loosing because of piracy even tho they are the only ones that are the ones getting robbed the most.

By the gaming industry i mean everthing around it too such as bots and other programs.
    One of the most rep-worthy posts I've read today, yet it didn't get me rich quick nor level me faster.