3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate my start to botting in World of Warcraft and making cash money

I've been playing WoW for about 7 years now, and I just recently started playing again after a few month break. I got a job during the break, and realized how much I love money. I of course got the wow-sickness and felt the urge to satisfy my addiction. There was a main "withdrawal" symptom, you could say, that made me start playing again, and it was the fact that I had always known you could sell gold. I have a few friends who made thousands of dollars with a simple herb/mining bot by leaving it on while they sleep or when they're at work. I've finally started to put my plan forward, and want to share it with somebody, perhaps help tweak it a little. Suggestions are nice too!

The plan is to basically use a bot by the name of MrFishIt, which is a fishing bot in case you did not know. I bounced around a few servers looking at prices of fish that I can farm with the bot, and multiplied those numbers by the amount of fish I caught in an hour. In the end, I calculated that I can make about 1.5k gold an hour. I would most likely bot for 8 hours a day, equaling about 12k gold a day. Take that times 30, which brings the monthly total to about 360k a month. I am not entirely sure on what 1k gold goes for in USD, but I believe it's a little under a dollar? A dollar exactly? I'll call it 80 cents. 360k gold times 80 cents = $288. Not very bad at all for one account, in my opinion. I would then purchase two more accounts and do the same process, and make somewhere in the ball park of $800-1000 a month. At that point it's anywhere but down, I could invest in a few more accounts and make a couple grand a month. I'm aware that there's a high probability to these accounts being banned, but I figure if I can get at least a months revenue out of one, it's about $300 in my pocket. At the same time, MrFishIt is undetectable by Warden, so it is all a matter of giving yourself away.

The main concern to me is keeping my main account secure and uncompromised in the event that maybe all my bots are ban-swept. It is a risk I am willing to take, and it would suck really badly if I lost it, but I know there are ways to get around it. To my knowledge you can NOT use the same IP to log into both your main account and bot accounts. I am not totally sure on how I could accomplish this, but I have a plan as of now to use my Droid Razr and tether it to my laptop and run wow clients off that. It's pretty ghetto, but it's my only thought as of far.

Any suggestions, criticism, (even if it's insulting lol) and tips would be appreciated. Also, if I was wrong on the dollar amount, correct me please!

Rate my start to botting in World of Warcraft and making cash money
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Gold will usually sell to the resellers (chinese) for about .4-.5 USD per thousand, but you can usually sell for about .7 to private buyers (although these numbers change quite frequently, depending on faction, server, demand, etc).
    2) I would stock up on gold. Since you're getting throwaway accounts, keep botting until you have about ~700k, then sell it all at once. Usually you'll only get banned by selling the gold, not botting for it, so being able to keep the account longer and earn more gold before it's banned is always a good thing.
    3) In case you haven't seen, there's people on these forums who sell SoR accounts for like $15 per each. What this does (in case you didn't know) is give you an account you can use Scroll of Resurrection on, which gives you a free boost to Cataclysm, 7 free days of gametime, and a class of your choice up to level 80. Then, bot 1-525 fishing while sleeping or whatever. Afterwards, get the 10 day free trial of MoP, and purchase MoP. That will give you still 16 days of free gametime (assuming 7 days free from SoR and 10 from free trial), to get 525-600 fishing and start botting.
    4) You don't have to worry about your main account. As long as your main account is not involved in your alt accounts behavior in any way, shape, or form (i.e. botting to get gold on alt account, then sending it to main account) they will not ban your main account, even if it is on the same b.net. Currently, I have 7 Honorbuddy sessions running on my b.net account right now. Each of them is farming Honorable Kills, as they are account wide. So, while it is much, much safer to put them on separate b.net accounts and separate I.P's, you don't have to.
    5) Watch out how many auctions you post daily on the auction house. I would say a limit of 100-150 per day. What I do when I have my other bot accounts running is find a private buyer on that realm. Usually I'll take about 20-30% off AH prices, which hurts my profit by a decent amount, but I always have consistent gold in my pocket. I don't ever have to worry about undercuts in the AH, blizzard noticing how many auctions I have up, auction house cuts, etc.
    6) After you've got a decent amount of money made, I seriously recommend investing in Honorbuddy. AutoAngler (a botbase for Honorbuddy) works very well, and will fly around and fish in pools, getting more valuable fish than just fishing in the open sea.

Anyways, that's just some of my suggestions/knowledge, good luck with whatever you end up doing. Hope I helped out a bit!

attackruby's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IP has nothing to do with it - I have 2 accounts botting tonight. and one got a 3 hour suspension and the other was fishing away.

Prices vary per 1k. My last few transations on my server were anywhere between $0.60 - $0.80 / k
    Now I continue on to my suggestions:

Fishing is a great way to make a great deal of cash. Its easy to level up in no time. and it takes no skill in setting up the bot which is fantastic.

If you are planning to fish ~8 Hours a day. Make sure you are full with tackle boxes. If you max out your cooking as well to atleast 525 roughly, you can turn in 3 stacks of Golden Carp into 1x 100 Year old soy sauce, Black Pepper, and something else (forget the name). Normally these sell for more. But the demand can be lower. Always base your plans on your servers economy. I prefer to just sell the Golden Carp as is. many people buy out all of my golden carp frequently for that very reason, by 3 stacks for 30-40g a pop (90-120g / 3 ) and they can sell the black pepper/100 year soy sauce for 150-250g depending on the day. (considering my servers economy) so instead of taking all the time to basket them, and turn in the quests (I know with macros/etc you can do it pretty easily) I just sell them off for what i can get and let someone else make a little cash.

You will find with having even 2 bots going consistently at ~8 hours a day, you will be spending alot of time posting auctions. collecting mail. advertising in trade. esp on a server like mine. Not the most active server but a decent population. It takes effort turning over your stock into gold. I've had to stop botting for a few days just because my stock wasnt moving and i was getting pretty over whelmed with the amount of fish I needed to sell.

My biggest suggestion would be take an hour or 2, or however long it takes to get a good setup and routine in place. With proper addons - Character setup. and addon configurations. you can really make it a lot easier on yourself in the long run.
    HAVE A BANK TOON! - This will keep all your stock organized and keep your botting toon unheard of. Pretty self explanatory but I figured i'd add that in there.

Heres my quick list of addons i would suggest.

Postal -- A must have. Remembers last Character you mailed to (Bank toon) Cntrl+Left Click will attach all items like that to the letter - making sending over a full bag of fish done in seconds.
    Auctionator -- My preference over Auctioneer. More simplistic but gets the job done. Easy way to post your stacks at the cheapest price without a huge undercut.
    Adibags -- My favorite bag addon. Will display an organized view of your bags placing like items next to eachother - things i would change about it, but I like it.
    WIM - WoW Instant messenger - If someone whispers you, you will never miss it. You can come back and see if someone has spotted you allowing you to take a few day break to possibly avoid a suspension if you please.

Macro - /use Sealed Crate --- quicker way to open all your crates faster.

Good Luck and stay off my server ) <3

cyshadow's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol@ selling to resellers for .5.

Just find private buyers.

Pandacakez's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I'm told, it doesn't matter if your bot is on the same IP as your main account, no.
    There's ALWAYS a risk that your main can be banned as well if your bot is found, but you can always tell Blizz that it was your roommate/wife/family member etc. and hope for the best that way.

I've been doing quite a bit of research in this particular aspect (The whole keeping your main account safe) and I can tell you that as long as you keep your bot account unlinked from your main account, you should be relatively safe.
    By unlinked I mean no trading between them or whatever.

I'm not sure if this one is just being paranoid or whatever, but I've also heard from people that it's recommended to use a different MAC adress. I can't really tell you if that'll do much but it'll definately give you more of a chance in the event of a ban, so you have a more compelling arguement saying it's a family member that did the botting or whatever, since the MAC Adress shows as a different PC.
    Virtual machines also change your mac adress from what I've told.
    Getting a VPN, Virtual Machine and a Mac Adress changer gives you about 99% safety in the event of a ban I'd say, but even then people still report having been banned, and there will be people who tell you a VPN isn't the way to go (Due to Blizz being banhappy with some VPN Services), and people who say it's an absolute neccesity. It's your choice in the end, and whatever helps you sleep better

Oh, and on the SoR thing, I am a bit iffy on the whole SoR thing since people have reported being banned within minutes or days upon merging their account with a Battlenet account. Due to the name being different, there are people who have been lucky though. I had an SOR account and it got locked due to suspicious activity, now I can't get back into it because the name doesn't match up with the account. (But that might just be my own fault though, so don't let that scare you)
    Personally, I'd say get a fresh account, it's probably the best way to go and not even THAT expensive. Plus you save yourself the hassle of having to send in a fake ID, or not having all account details and all that fun stuff.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions I am willing to help with whatever I can Just send me a PM or something.
    Last edited by Pandacakez; 01-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Vragoth's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VPN, VMS, and mac address changer won't make much of a difference, the botting account could be linked to your main account but the one caught botting WILL get hit with the banhammer.
    Your main will NOT get a banhammer unless it interacted with the botting account in one way or another.

VMs could only prove useful if you plan on playing your main while botting.

SparklingPeach's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, if you can't interact with the bot with your main account, how do you transfer money over to them? My brother said with alts and a guild bank, but would say buying something from the ah be a better alternative, even with the cut?

deathbat182's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much for the help! I recently just made $400 in the month I posted this, things are going smoothly!

Jogex's Avatar Contributor The Black Sheep
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    5) Watch out how many auctions you post daily on the auction house. I would say a limit of 100-150 per day
    Been doing 4-500 auctions per day for months on 10+ account. I don't think a flag is raised before you reach 6-800 ish. But that's EU though.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    Check out my HonorBuddy 101 Guide!