0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Some questions about botting

I recently tried using AutoIt to make a script that farmed honor for me, walking around, spamming some spells, pretty much the usual, join bg and be anti AFK. I left this running when going to school/bed and had no problems whatsoever. I then tried experimenting with some more "alive" botting, having it follow nearby players and attack nearby enemies, but did behaviour looked kinda "derpy" but I tested it on some bg's. But I did this during times around 5pm or so, when most people are bots. so I suppose some people reported my bot, and when I later came back to my computer I had a temporary ban in place.

So.. questions:

• Should I stop with my botting now in risk of getting perma banned, continuing with my anti AFK bot that is, not the experimental following player one?

• Do you get some in-game warning before a ban? Because if so I could just check the chatlog for blizzard people and send a quick "I gtg" reply and then go alt+f4, perhaps?

• Would I be better off coding my own anti afk honor faming bot in C++, because maybe wow is more suspicious to AutoIt?

• And my anti AFK bot had random movement, and random spell casting involved, so it's not really following a precise routine, which could make it harder for blizzard to determine if it's a bot?

I'm all in all quite new to this and I just want some more information, Thanks.
    Last edited by Manywordsinoneword; 12-05-2012 at 04:40 AM.

[Question] Some questions about botting
    nobody89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would stop for awhile since you are flagged now , also i would say if you dont want a ban dont use a bgbot - biggest reason for bans that is

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey There,

I have been an avid botter since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King so I will try to answer your questions based off my experiences.

If I were in this situation, I would probably stop botting for a bit. If you know people are already reporting you, hanging low for a while might save your account from permanent closure. As far as the anti-afk bot, I would assume you are using this for battleground farming, which I would also hang low with if that is the case.

About the in-game warning, usually you don't get a warning, you just get disconnected. However, if a Gamemaster whispers you before hand and you don't respond, they will disconnect and ban you then as well. You could try creating a custom conversation when someone whispers you, but GM conversations are different because you actually have to click on a different chat window to start chatting with the GM. So I am not sure if I simple "I gtg" reply and alt-f4 would save you from getting banned.

It's not necessarily better to go with your own bot that you programmed, because any bot can be detected. It may reduce your chances of being caught, but the chance is always there. Be sure to use custom profiles and paths when you are botting as well to reduce that chance of getting caught.

Blizzard could determine if it is bot just by its behavior. So randomly casting a spell and running around might be a flag to Blizzard that you are a bot, since those types of anti-afk have been around since day one of World of Warcraft. If I could make a suggestion about anti-afking, I would go ahead and download PQR, because PQR has an anti-afk built in it. You don't have to use the rotation features, just run the program and attach it to your WoW and you will never go afk. I am not sure what you are doing with anti-afk so I dunno if this would be beneficial to you or not. Here is a link (PQR - Rotation Bot) to the download of PQR, right from Xelper on OwnedCore.

I hope this helped a bit. Maybe a developer of a bot could better answer your question about coding your own bot and if it would be safer or not.

-Teryaki
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

Manywordsinoneword's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you seem to have some knowledge about bots, all those active PvP bots that's pretty much making up 90% of battleground teams during night, what bot is that? Since everyone seems to use that same bot in battlegrounds, because they all follow the same path in a big group.

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean exactly by "anti afk bot?" It makes me think of something that spams a keypress every 10 minutes so you don't go 'afk.' But yours also targets and attacks?
    So basically it just spams keypresses (1,2,3,4?) and hopes it autotargets and kills it?
    I could make one that does the same thing, but also 'stay' at 2 points...and every, maybe 10 minutes, run to the other point. Super basic.
    -you have it walking around? for hours without getting stuck. how?
    As far as getting caught, the behavior described above (not looting, for example) is very bot-like. If another player sees you, you're busted. That simple. and it's always a risk.
    Everyone here says wow doesn't check the active running process list, so the fact that you're using AutoIt shouldn't matter. (I think)
    (security question: maybe wow can detect PostMessage etc? via system wide function hooking? I'm ignorant about it though.)
    are you on some sort of black-list for wow admins..idk
    Last edited by abuckau907; 12-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted.

nobody89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Manywordsinoneword View Post
    Like you seem to have some knowledge about bots, all those active PvP bots that's pretty much making up 90% of battleground teams during night, what bot is that? Since everyone seems to use that same bot in battlegrounds, because they all follow the same path in a big group.
    this is BG Buddy from Honorbuddy with public profiles that everyone uses