0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy way to make AH profit.

It's really simple, I'm not sure if it was posted or not.
    It works allows you to buy some items you want cheap or just make profit on good ones.
    What you do is sort items by time left and watch these auctions that are about to end. It's funny how much auctions are ending at the same time. You might want to skip few first pages with 1minute left since those are with seconds left, they usually end before you get to read their stats. Most people overprice on buyout and underprice on bid and since its just seconds left if you're fast, You get what you want.

Easy way to make AH profit.
    aneki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure this is pretty much common knowledge. It's like saying "if items are cheap on BO, buy them!". "If items are cheap on bid and noone bids, get them!"

thinkfaster's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good idea, never really thought of doing something like this and i am looking for ways to make gold easy. thanks man.

cold_metal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried doing this but problem is, I am not sure if there is AH bot or something, but as soon as I bid on some cheap item I instantly get outbiden, maybe just my bad luck but I was biding on 5 items and same happend, I bid money I get outbided in a second and money gets back in stash.

Gandalion's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are using happy-auction to screw you perhaps.

08449's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cold_metal View Post
    I've tried doing this but problem is, I am not sure if there is AH bot or something, but as soon as I bid on some cheap item I instantly get outbiden, maybe just my bad luck but I was biding on 5 items and same happend, I bid money I get outbided in a second and money gets back in stash.
    *Facepalm*
    D3 works with a max bid. Just like Ebay. This means that if somebody has placed a bid of 500 on an item that starts at 300 he won't immediatly bid 500 but 301 first, this happens automaticly. When you see the item the bid says "301", so you bid 400. The price is now 401 because the first bidder had a higher max bid then you and he automaticly overbid you.

So you getting outbid instantly just means someone placed a higher bid before you.

cold_metal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to face palm your face will hurt you I know how AH works and what you described works, but on certain items that don't have buyout and have low starting bid as example Goldskin chest, it's hard to imagine that among hundreds of Goldchests someone is acctually biding in same time on 7 items and I instantly get outbid no matter how high bid I put, I thought it was the problem cus I make small bids, but then instead putting little bit higher bid than someone previously bid, I've put large sum and got outbid instantly, so I might sound racist now and say either it's some Chinese guy sitting 24/7 on AH checking every single item OR something is very fishy about AH.