Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gliding the subtle way. Alliance Glider Guide.

Ok so i'm new to the boards but I'm a glider vet and know most of the ins and outs associated with avoiding the banhammer.

I'm doing a project atm to try and find an alternative set of profiles that will give you the best chance of avoiding the ban hammer.

I know Kurious did one for a lock but i have to say that his guide is now overused and the places mentioned are a botting deathtrap nowdays.

So i hope you find this helpful. Please don't flame me if you don't like it.

I have been Gliding both a lock and a mage through the same profile and have even done alittle warrior gliding.

I take no credit for these profiles. This is designed as load and go so uses only public profiles. I am posting profile links to where I obtained these profiles because of attachment issues.

I have included profiles that aren't usually heavily botted and so competition should be low if any.

MAKE sure you ready flyingpiggys guide to glider. I used this guide and it's the best out there. I also use the wandswap and voidwalker consumeshadows+health funnel macros. So thanks to those people for making it alot easier.

Profile1 :1-10

Used OMW's 1-10 Elwynn Forest all around profile. Safe and avoids quest blocking and dense traffic.
    Glider Forums

Remember to stop half way and get the Lesser magic wand.

Profile2 : Elywnn forest 8-14

Brilliant little glide for those hard levels.

Glider Forums

P.S. Remember to get your void if you are going lock (or pet if you are going hunter)

Profile3: Misty shore shorecrawlers 14-19

Golden profile. Not traffic and all yellow mobs. Best glide I've seen yet. Thanks Calvaric.

Glider Forums

Hunters and Locks have no problem here. Melee is good too due to yellow mobs meaning no adds.

Profile4: Spiders and Wolves in duskwood 19-22

Now i hate duskwood but this is a brilliant area as it's deserted and avoids the ganking road to darkshire. The rest of Duskwood is a ban trap.

Thank you Veora.

Glider Forums

Profile5: Stonetalon mountains 22-25

Remember to pick us the astrannar waypoint on your way. This is a deserted area and I didn't have any issues. You find some Horde sometimes passing to do a quest at the peak but its rare if anything. Mobs are all yellow so it's very melee friendly.

Glider Forums

Profile6: Stonetalon peak 25-29

Even more deserted and alliance members are protected from ganking by the children of cenarius.

I've attached this file as i can't find the link.

Alternativley you can use deem's profile if Horde are giving you trouble. It's in ashenvale very near to your next profile.

Glider Forums

Profile 7: Howling Vale and Nightsong Woods

This is another golden profile. You need to tweak you pull range to 25 and your walk to pull to 5. Frequent adds means u have to gear up for melee classes.

Cheers Kirest.

Glider Forums

*My character is now level 34 after only a few days. Few deaths and no suspicious whispers or scares.

NOTE: Hand level to 35. You can try profiles but do some quests in hillsbrad and arathi and it will come very quickly.

Profile 8+9: Dustwallow Marsh (8=35-37, 9= 37-40).

Profile 8 and 9 are attached.

This is a nice area and deserted. Nobody goes to dustwallow and I play on a high population server. I saw one person on the road running past and that was it.

Right so my character is now 40. I will edit when i have progressed further.

Additional Notes:

*I used skinning as my profession. By the end of this i was 250 skinning and had made over 200g from selling leather and hide.

*I filter out greys and white and use the lootfilter list in flypiggys guide. Although i added food and drinks (such a melon juice) so i didn't need to spend as much on buying it before a glide.

*I would suggest enchanting as my other profession because the amount of greens obtained is unreal. Even if you don't want to enchant selling the mats brings in some nice cash.

*Gear is average. All green and the odd blue drop. Although these profiles have dropped some nice blues such a skeletal club and redbeards crest (great twink items that sold for 60g in total).

*Always stack up on food and drink before a glide. You need stacks of both. Especially when afk gliding.

*I would never recommend full afk gliding but it can be done in some of the isolated profiles (6-9)

Many thanks for your time. I hope this helps. If it does I will make a nice Horde guide. I've avoided banwaves and all suspicion so hopefully you can too.

Happy gliding!

Captain Hero

Attached Files Attached Files
    If your gonna be gay about this you can't play!

Gliding the subtle way. Alliance Glider Guide.
    Dnns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Gliding the subtle way. Alliance Glider Guide.

Glider is much detectable now but wrong forum

Poopzoor's Avatar Contributor (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/27
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Dnns View Post
    Glider is much detectable now

No it isent ??

issacobra's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's safe right now actually.
    www. leetbrowser .com
    The in-game web browser! No more alt-tabbing out of full screen games!

Mr.Zunz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple answer: Nowhere

MLT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by rony View Post
    i kno there arent supposed to be any questions on these forums but i was wondering where i could find a free glider?

Ahh, fantastic. You just made my day/night

hotthairguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmfao glider cracks make me laugh... its like walking in a circle around SW having it hit a macro saying "/y GM BAN ME IM A BOTTER ROFLCOPTERZXXX!!!"

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... Those are all common profiles.. Even stonetalon peak for the alliance.. I killed an alliance botter up there once.. the glide stays away from the children as it is a horde profile, so you really aren't protected at all. 22-25 is a very popular glide for horde... and the rest below that are all in OMW's profile pack.

MLT's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Captainhero View Post

Many thanks for your time. I hope this helps. If it does I will make a nice Horde guide. I've avoided banwaves and all suspicion so hopefully you can too.

Happy gliding!

Captain Hero

I'm going for horde lock in the next few days, will post my diary aswell

Good luck furthermore :devildance: