0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PQR] Learning Fail

So yeah, I decided to have a go at making rotations, all those pro people are doing it! how hard can it be?

So I got it using crusader strike, so far so good.
    Got it to check if Divine Purpose had proc'd and not use crusader strike if so. sweet.

Tried to make it check if I was in range to use the ability, F A I L.

Much tweaking and tinkering doesn't seem to cure it.

Lua File:
    PHP Code:
    function CheckPurpose()
         if 
    UnitBuffID("player"90174

then return true
         end
    end

function CheckMelee()
        if 
    IsSpellInRange(GetSpellInfo(35395),"target") == 0
        then 
    return true
        end
    end 
    Ability:
    PHP Code:
    if CheckPurpose() then return false end
    if CheckMelee() then return false end

if UnitPower("player"9) < 
            then
            CastSpellByName
    (GetSpellInfo(35395), "target")

end 
    WoW wigs out at it and says...
    PHP Code:
    Message: [string "if CheckPurpose() then return false end ..."]:3attempt to call global 'CheckMelee' (a nil value)
    Time10/24/12 08:38:26
    Count
    Stack
    : [C]: in function `CheckMelee'
    [string "if CheckPurpose() then return false end ..."]:3: in function 
    `?'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:737: in function `PQR_NextAbility'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:533in function `PQR_ExecuteRotation'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:289: in function <[string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:214> 
    Dunno if this is posted in the right place, didn't notice a 'Halp i suck at learning' forum area.

[PQR] Learning Fail
    kuukuu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need more to your CheckMelee() to account for the other two options for IsSpellInRange. It can return 1,0 or nil. With your current code, if it doesn't return 0 then it's going to have no idea what to do and error out.
    Former PQR Developer

firepong's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kuukuu View Post
    You need more to your CheckMelee() to account for the other two options for IsSpellInRange. It can return 1,0 or nil. With your current code, if it doesn't return 0 then it's going to have no idea what to do and error out.
    Actually, all his code is sound. The only thing he has to do is:
    PHP Code:
    function CheckMelee()
        if 
    UnitExists("Target") and IsSpellInRange(GetSpellInfo(35395),"target") == 0
        then 
    return true
        end
    end 
    Without UnitExists("Target"), when he doesn't have a target, the function will bug out. Other than that, all his coding is good.

P.S. Ill give you a hint Eternal. On a if statement, put all the main things at the beginning, then the secondary stuff after that. Like UnitExists("Target") is a main function so it goes at the beginning, UnitBuffID() and UnitDebuffID() and mostly everything else goes after that. When your doing a statement that checks for a buff or Debuff on a target, but you have no target, some functions will bug out with the error your getting. What I do is include UnitExists(var) in all these cases, even if the function will not bug out, just to be safe. IsSpellInRange() is one of the main function's that will always bug out when you don't have UnitExists() in your code somewhere. PQR_UnitDistance(var1,var2) where var1 and var 2 can be any unit(Player, Target, Focus, etc), is the same was as IsSpellInRange()

EternalNeko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, i was messing with what firepong was saying about staging the events with more important ones to avoid errors cropping up where the whole statement should just universally come up false, and it seems to work really well, since i started doing this i haven't encountered any problems : )

I was messing about with my DK and decided to see if i could make it behave well enough to do a rotation for blood, which it seems to be doing very well actually, i managed to make it intelligent enough to deal with the various cooldowns involved with diseases, and managed to make a toggle that switches to an AoE mode (which currently only spams death strike if the runes are frost/unholy, and blood boil with all the blood/death runes)

Thanks for the help : )