1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motherboard and cpu.

IS the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Z77 ATX + INTEL CORE I7 3770K over rated for gaming or should i get them?

Motherboard and cpu.
    Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i7s don't have much of an advantage over i5s for gaming.

Clotic's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mhm so with i5 should i get for gaming? let's say i would start "Making vids" dosen't it req alot of performance ? "power"

Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In games a i5 and i7 have VERY little difference. Mostly because games commonly do not use more than 2 cores, which means the rest are just sitting around doing nothing. Even demanding games only use 4 cores and games are not advancing fast enough to use more than 4. Since the i5/i7 have similar single thread performance the frame rates are very similar.

If you plain to stream, record and do video editing you need a fair bit of power and the i7 will do a better job (especially when rendering a video). However, a i5 can do this too.

If you plan to do a lot of video editing a i7 would most certainly be worth it, since all the threads can be taken advantage of, in most cases.

Clotic's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx for the information.

firepong's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, let me remind you. If you will be doing video editing as well, most of the newer software supports CUDA and the AMD equivalent. What these do is let you take pressure off your CPU when rendering and put it on the GPU. I remember back when I was doing Video Editing on my NVidia GTX9800, it would render and encode a video 10x faster than my C2D 8300. For example, I could encode a 1080p 30min video in under 20min on what would have taken my CPU over 2 hours to do. YMMV, but it's usually about that big of a jump letting your Video Card o the encoding over the processor just for the simple fact the architecture is better (don't know why, but it is) and the GDDR5 and higher memory is just THAT MUCH quicker and the PCI-E Bus Can handle the data better, IMO.

akwada's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smoogels View Post
    In games a i5 and i7 have VERY little difference. Mostly because games commonly do not use more than 2 cores, which means the rest are just sitting around doing nothing. Even demanding games only use 4 cores and games are not advancing fast enough to use more than 4. Since the i5/i7 have similar single thread performance the frame rates are very similar.

If you plain to stream, record and do video editing you need a fair bit of power and the i7 will do a better job (especially when rendering a video). However, a i5 can do this too.

If you plan to do a lot of video editing a i7 would most certainly be worth it, since all the threads can be taken advantage of, in most cases.
    perfect, thx!