Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You CAN get banned/suspended for space botting, any suggestions?

Just a heads up for you guys who always post along the lines of "Oh, you can't get banned, or it's highly unlikely. It must be some other program you used."

I used Lucky's Space bot for literally only 3-4 hours one day. The next day, same amount of time (I actually play the game manually a lot I don't bot a ton of hours). 1 day later (after not even playing because wasn't home), I get an email about 1 week suspension.

Before anyone says it wasn't the bot, read this:

-I NEVER, ever used any other program like speedhacks, pvp bots, etc.
    -I NEVER broke any other game rules that could get me banned.
    -I DID NOT bot for a super long time. 3-4 hours, probably even less, and I made sure of it because I was paranoid at the beginning.
    -I only botted twice, 2 seperate days, 3-4 hours.
    -Before letting the bot run, I watched it go through a few times to make sure it wasn't acting retarded or botty looking incase a GM watched me or something.

Here is the email:

Dear ------,

We are contacting you regarding your account for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We wish to notify you that you have carried out a serious violation of our Terms of Service and upon a full investigation of your account we have determined that your character has carried out the following violation:

You may not use any of your own software or third-party software to modify the Service content to change game play.

Due to the severity of this Terms of Service violation, we have suspended your account effective immediately for one week (168 hours). Please be aware that further breaches of our terms will amount to further action on your account up to, and including, account closure.

Should you wish to review our Terms of Service they can be found here:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

If you feel that this action has been applied in error, please contact us at [email protected].

Yours sincerely,
    Ian
    Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Terms of Service
    It's not a phishing email, it's real. I am really suspended.

I am not mad, or trying to bash anyone. Lucky has a great bot running there, and in the end, I knew the risks and it is ultimately my fault. I just want to warn people because everyone kept telling me that it's HIGHly unlikely to get banned. Just because other players can't see you, doesn't mean there's no risk.

After reading the email, I wonder if they MAY have banned me for something else by accident? because it says nothing about bots it says "to modify service content to change game play" to me, that doesn't describe botting?

You CAN get banned/suspended for space botting, any suggestions?
    Distiny's Avatar Site Donator Cheat or Die!
    Thanks G/R
    28/141
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "to modify service content to change game play" is their standard email they send out.

Must have been extremely unlucky and reported by some people, I bot daily, +- 10 straight when sleeping/working no bans since lucky's release

rodrigosopena's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im using untz and lucks bot for 5 - 6 months and still not banned you are so unlucky mate...

Darkbounded's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 2 accounts banned today aswell, altho I was running them almost 24/7 for the past like 3 weeks. And I received the same email

jmb1981's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also received a one week suspension as of this morning, I opened a ticket to dispute it and they told me it was for specifically for space botting.

TheDank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 accounts that both bot 24/7. This morning I got the same email for a week suspension but only on one account. It was my own fault tho. The toon I was botting on was in a guild. I'm assuming it was someone in the guild that reported me. But it can't be proven.

lolts's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also received a 1 week ban on one of my two accounts.

I was definitely using the account that got banned many more hours than the other, but I think it's still difficult to say whether or not I was reported or the amount of hours I logged was what got me caught.

pikachu83's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone from the game told me on mumble the EA and BW now scan your pc, and kick those they find botting, its been added in the sept 4 patch update,

invictus0x0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thou I haven't received a bans myself, i have heard from two different friends today that both got suspended for space botting neither bot extremely long hours, my guess is time may not be a direct factor, more likely scanning for known service/program names.

of course space bots from a server side aren't very hard to spot... since the only people that are doing space missions are the botters... lol

TMichael's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by invictus0x0 View Post
    thou I haven't received a bans myself, i have heard from two different friends today that both got suspended for space botting neither bot extremely long hours, my guess is time may not be a direct factor, more likely scanning for known service/program names.

of course space bots from a server side aren't very hard to spot... since the only people that are doing space missions are the botters... lol
    To a degree. Before working on these things, I used to love doing space missions. I just never ran them for more than an hour or two.

jamster78's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by invictus0x0 View Post

If its scanning for process/program names can't you just change exe name to something less conspicuous.
    I find it kind of funny that they are banning people in a dying game I thought they would be glad to have subs at the moment.

deadlybot's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamster78 View Post
    If its scanning for process/program names can't you just change exe name to something less conspicuous.
    I find it kind of funny that they are banning people in a dying game I thought they would be glad to have subs at the moment.
    They are getting ready for free to play so they can sell their own gold. Removing the competition.

TheDank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pikachu83 View Post
    someone from the game told me on mumble the EA and BW now scan your pc, and kick those they find botting, its been added in the sept 4 patch update,
    the simplest answer to this is that this method is highly illegal and EA/BW wouldn't be caught dead doing this. there are loopholes to this though. a game like this cannot actively scan your computer for running services/programs. however, the game CAN scan for any programs that are interacting with the game.

with that being said, AutoIT is NOT interacting with the game specifically. AutoIT is simply told where to click and at a specific time, it just so happens that SWTOR is in the way of our clicks =P

when i say "interact" i am referring to the speedhacks and the teleporting hack. these programs are going into the game libraries and actually changing the what the movement speed code is for the game and changing your character coordinates in the "world".

So, as of right now, i will take my 1 week suspension and then let it cool off. last time i checked, the toon that got suspended had a play time of 158 days.

Distiny's Avatar Site Donator Cheat or Die!
    Thanks G/R
    28/141
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try to change the exe name

TheDank's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0