0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honorbuddy Questions

Hey, I'm debating trying a bot out and I was looking into Honorbuddy since it seems to be the most supported. I had a few questions, if anyone can answer any of them.

1. Is there a high probability of being detected/banned using this?
    2. How easy is the program to use? Is a knowledge of scripting required?
    3. How effective is the program to level characters?

Anyway, thats all the questions I have. I couldn't find a feedback thread for Honorbuddy so feel free to post your comments/concerns/experiences with the program as well.

Honorbuddy Questions
    Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You will not be banned if you don't bot for 24 hours straight. Use common sense. Detection? Not an issue. You do look like a bot at some points, so monitoring is a good choice.
    2. It's easy to use + loads of tutorials on their forums and on here. No scripting required
    3. Very, but you have to remember it's still just a bot. Can't perform at the same rate as a human.

Futile570's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wetop View Post
    1. You will not be banned if you don't bot for 24 hours straight. Use common sense. Detection? Not an issue. You do look like a bot at some points, so monitoring is a good choice.
    2. It's easy to use + loads of tutorials on their forums and on here. No scripting required
    3. Very, but you have to remember it's still just a bot. Can't perform at the same rate as a human.
    +2 Rep for an informative post, but I am going to add a little bit.

1. Same as he said, I have been botting with it for 10-14 hours a day 7 days a week for about 3 months, 3 accounts, same computer, not one suspension. Change up your profiles every now and then.

2. Yes it's pretty easy, but it is "just" a bot. You need Custom Classes for combat, and profiles to run within the bot, you will also need Plugins for loot, buffs, etc. Which are all free, and easy to find help getting started.

3. Same as he said again, basically every "few" levels you will need to load a new profile. Usually a new one per zone or per 2-3 zones. But hey, it takes like 10 seconds to load a new one.

That's all my input, it works, easy to use, good support. If you type a question in the support forum it is usually answered within 5 minutes. Hope you try it out.

Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, with Kick's profiles it automatically loads new zones. It does bug out sometimes and needs a little push from you but basically it's afk from 1-60, 60-70, 70-80, but at 80-85 it needs a little help with a few quests.

MasqLB's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replies, I was reading the HB forum and I guess thinks are a bit messed up since the 5.0.4 patch?
    Do you think im better off waiting until things are resolved?

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lavillana's Avatar Active Member Elite Master
    Thanks G/R
    36/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasqLB View Post
    thanks for the replies, I was reading the HB forum and I guess thinks are a bit messed up since the 5.0.4 patch?
    Do you think im better off waiting until things are resolved?

Personally, I recommend that you wait until they get the bot working before you pay for it. It's been down for over two weeks and even the lead devs can't get the thing to run for more than 30 minutes at a time. They don't seem to know how to fix the HonorBuddy bot right now, and it makes me wonder if they will ever get it right again. It was a great bot when it worked, but it is presently the worst bot on the market. It doesn't do hardly any of the things it did before patch 5.0.4 The forums have been over run with complaints, and the Bossland devs seem to be getting their butts kicked by Blizzard's latest patch. I'm wondering if perhaps Bossland should quit selling HonorBuddy until they know for sure that they will be able to fix it. They said they would have it up within a week, but it's been over two weeks, and it is still broken. Obviously, they don't know how long it might take. It might take forever.

So, my advice is wait and see.

The dev's statement mentioned above is at the top of the thread linked below:
    [OFFICIAL][Patch 5.0.4] Honorbuddy will be offline a few days more

For proof that the bot is still broken see almost any other thread on thebuddyforum.com under honorbuddy and you will read members' multiple complaints.
    Last edited by Lavillana; 09-13-2012 at 05:17 PM.

cordes96's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gw2 View Post
    Personally, I recommend that you wait until they get the bot working before you pay for it. It's been down for over two weeks and even the lead devs can't get the thing to run for more than 30 minutes at a time. They don't seem to know how to fix the HonorBuddy bot right now, and it makes me wonder if they will ever get it right again. It was a great bot when it worked, but it is presently the worst bot on the market. It doesn't do hardly any of the things it did before patch 5.0.4 The forums have been over run with complaints, and the Bossland devs seem to be getting their butts kicked by Blizzard's latest patch. I'm wondering if perhaps Bossland should quit selling HonorBuddy until they know for sure that they will be able to fix it. They said they would have it up within a week, but it's been over two weeks, and it is still broken. Obviously, they don't know how long it might take. It might take forever.

So, my advice is wait and see.

The dev's statement mentioned above is at the top of the thread linked below:
    [OFFICIAL][Patch 5.0.4] Honorbuddy will be offline a few days more

For proof that the bot is still broken see almost any other thread on thebuddyforum.com under honorbuddy and you will read members' multiple complaints.
    They won't have a Stable bot until they Recode Honorbuddy. You have no idea how much code changed from cata to MoP like huge amounts of codes have change and blizzard keeps changing and they won't have a Stable Bot until MoP is released. there are many reasons. Blizzard toke out the whole Training Aspects so they have to remove code. now removing code is bad because if they change one thing other things in the code can't work. i have tried Coding my own bot and i have taken legit classes on coding and its really ****ing hard for someone who has schooling and someone with a social life. it takes time and no one has patience because the market is leaving them behind because they don't want to hand farm which takes time. I believe that Honorbuddy won't be as amazing as it was but it will get close. they only have a few people actually coding honorbuddy while everyone else is trying to code the plugins and classes which are now all useless because of the change in casting spells and other Interactions in the game. Everyone is working as hard. but people have lives so just wait. until stable patch comes out we won't see a stable bot running that fully stable. Everything has bugs we won't ever have a 100% perfect bot because even look at wow there so many bugs because things kept changing. In cata there was so many dupes you have no idea.

Lavillana's Avatar Active Member Elite Master
    Thanks G/R
    36/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUOTE: "They won't have a Stable bot until they Recode Honorbuddy. You have no idea how much code changed from cata to MoP..."

Evidently, the Bossland devs don't know either because they have given several different dates concerning when HB would be back online. They keep coming back saying, "Oh! Wait, this other thing was broken too. Give us a few more days!" When they keep needing "a few more days" over and over it's evident that they don't know how bad the bot is broken. Face it, Blizzard has kicked Bossland's butt on this one. That does not mean Bossland won't be back but I cannot honestly recommend a broken bot to anyone. I think Bossland should stop selling HB until they have it working. They are pretty sure they will get it going again, but confidence is not the same as a guarantee.