Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?

I just have to ask you one thing:

Let's say you are a fanatic WoW (or whatever) player and along your adventures you come across a few interesting "bugs" or "unexpected features". You start taking advantage of them and eventually you get all you could out of it. You then share it with your close friends in order for them to achieve the same results too. They share it with their close friends and so on and so forth and gradually many people find out about it and it reaches the attention of Blizzard which eventually patches up the issue somehow.

This I understand.

But why, on earth, would you, ever, go into a public forum and post working exploits for everyone to see. And I am not just talking about your close friends. Not even just your not-so-close friends. I am talking about any person with Google or knowledge of this site, including Blizzard officers who are probably constantly refreshing the exploits pages waiting for you to do their testers' job for free while at the same time depriving you of the ability of using your findings any longer.

And it also amazes me that every time, after a few pages of posts, people start saying "This appears to be hotfixed/patched/not working now" and it surprises them... every time! Guess how they figured out the exploit existed in the first place, Sherlock!

So.. why?... For the "rep"? Why?... Why?...

/facepalm

Why?
    Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to love the cat and mouse game. We find something they fix it. And we find a way around it. For me it's not a show off thing but who wants to play a game full with bugs in it. This kinda of things should be fixed before it ruins the game. Some bugs have big impact on the economy/endgame etc that they deserved to get fixed.

And most of the exploits that have been posted here would have been fixed eventually by blizzard. They are not blind and this way by going public. You let other people make use of it before it gets fixed. And no it's not for the rep. Rep does not pay my bills...

Saronite's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same as OP.
    Long ago i posted my first exploit on this forum and it would also be the last.
    I posted the exploit that you can refresh the CD on the argent squire mail/vendor with the pallybuff hand of protection.
    a day later it was fixed wile i used this for a long time and helped me through the insanegrind(didnt need to run to mailbox)

I wasnt really surprized.

and to watcher.
    how are you able to find a work around for these kind of tiny exploit, becouse thats what OP is referring to.
    up to this day, the CD cannot be reset anymore becouse of people posting exploits (i blame myself for that one)
    Last edited by Saronite; 09-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had with the wolf and the kodo exploit same thing. Posted 3 different ways after they keep hotfixing it and the jokes on them because you can still get it to work. And that counts for the Fireland boss too that you can solo 2 different ways i posted got hotfixed but there is still a way around it to make it still work to solo the boss and this was while back when fireland just came out couple of days.

For me if you keep on spending enough time on it and trying different stuff that you know that worked with other stuff and new ideas. There is almost always a way around it.

So making use of the exploit when you abused it enough show it to the public let them fix it and find a why around it to make it work again. Every fix they do opens new doors for us
    Last edited by Watcher; 09-10-2012 at 06:13 AM.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not post exploits... so perhaps this is not aimed at people like myself...

I post explorations and exploration methods. I always post them in public for all to see... and for Blizzard to fix!! Once Blizzard fixes it, I simply move onto the next one. For me, this is the game I play.

For those that find a hardcore exploit and want to "gain everything they can" out of it before it is fixed... okay, I can understand holding on an exploit of that nature, so that won't get fixed...

...but holding on an exploration technique? Why... so you and a couple friends can see some area before Blizzard patches it?? Psssshhh, please. I'd rather everyone see it, even if only for one day.

As Watcher says above, every time they close a door, they open a window. I will always share my explorations. Blizzard can fix it an hour later... I'll just find another one.

Sendatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts everyone.

WizardTrokair, personally, I never considered exploring WoW as "exploiting" it. Even before we got to fly around everywhere, I loved the thrill of finding new places and seeing things "out of the ordinary". I still wish I had managed to enter the Emerald Dream before they closed it up. Who knows, maybe there still is a way

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I release my exploits because i want to contribute to the forum and help others like they help me by releasing their stuff.