Unmerged SOR accounts. Don't waste your money. menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

Shaula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unmerged SOR accounts. Don't waste your money.

Hi there, just thought I'd do a quick post with some advice for people after one of these accounts.

Bought 2 off the same seller on here. Both sales went fine and no problems with the sellers but both of them were banned within 2 days of merger.

Since my name doesn't match up with the original account holders, they're unrecoverable. After a bit of searching, it seems Blizzard are having a major crackdown on this type of thing happening (against their TOS etc). It looks like you get between 1-2 days on the accounts and then poof...

If you want to take the risk - good luck. If not - save your money.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I thought I'd put it here just to try and warn and prospective buyers.

Unmerged SOR accounts. Don't waste your money.
    Iwasdrunkbro's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought 7 of them and none are banned yet.

Shaula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had older SOR acounts and they're find so far, it's just the recently merged ones getting flagged. There's some posts such as http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-ban-wave.html (SoR account ban wave?) I just thought I'd post on here to let buyers know the risks.

Some of the sellers have had posts put on the the accounts are being banned. All the ones I've checked now say that there's no refund. People are saying that they know the accounts are being banned but not saying outright.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    I've had older SOR acounts and they're find so far, it's just the recently merged ones getting flagged. There's some posts such as http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-ban-wave.html (SoR account ban wave?) I just thought I'd post on here to let buyers know the risks.

Some of the sellers have had posts put on the the accounts are being banned. All the ones I've checked now say that there's no refund. People are saying that they know the accounts are being banned but not saying outright.
    Honestly, this is just stupidity on Blizzard's end. They seem to be good at creating markets (like with the guild levels) and acting surprised when people make money on it. Did they honestly not know that people would be doing this? If so, they're either incompetent or idiots. Regardless, if you're using these accounts the way they should be used (ie. botting, throw away gold selling accounts, creating the 80 and transfering it, etc.), you shouldn't have a problem. These accounts should not be used as main accounts, but that just seems like common sense.

Shaula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly m8. Luckily for me I put all of the gold and mats they earned at the end of each night in the guild bank I use.

Not much but still at least Blizz never took that off me... yet

Warp3d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just would like to state, I purchased 3 unmerged accounts, two last saturday, then another one last tuesday. Come thursday they were all three banned at the same time. How are you supposed to get any kind of use out of accounts that are banned in just a few days? These were not botted on, traded anything, etc. All I simply did was SOR, log in, check achieves, items, etc then log off.

Even after opening a ticket I got a response that it was an unauthorized merge and they won't be opening it for me. I feel scammed especially when these sellers are STILL selling them even though they know that they will be banned in a few days. =/

Wuzzabuzza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were the banned accounts linked to your bnet address or was it new because seems like blizzard implemented an automated ban on these or we're just having some shit luck.

Warp3d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wuzzabuzza View Post
    Were the banned accounts linked to your bnet address or was it new because seems like blizzard implemented an automated ban on these or we're just having some shit luck.
    They were all on separate battle.net accounts, in no way did I want to risk my main account.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wuzzabuzza View Post
    I've connected them to both new accounts and my main account and haven't been banned on either. So I don't think it's an auto ban but it seems like Blizzard is starting to crack down on them. You can still make a ton of gold in a few days botting on these 80s and still get a free 80 transfered to your main account. But yes people should know going in that these accounts could be banned tomorrow and probably won't last forever and these sellers should explain that further.

CrazyNinjaFTW's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine for about 1.5 months now, not a issue yet.

broked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too no broblem ( 1 72h suspension for botting)