0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding OverlayContainer address in AH

Hi, I would need some help with finding the correct address of "selected item" in AH.
    I think its called OverlayContainer. When I select item in 1st item slot, it contains "0" / slot 2 = "1" / slot 3 = "2" ... slot 11 = "10".
    Address changes every time when I login, and I need to find it every time when I leave.
    I use CheatEngine because I have no experience in C family languages etc.
    Is there any method to find that address fast?
    I'm pretty good at AutoIt and If there would exist a function which finds that address I can call it using DLLCall().

All I want is finding the correct address containing currently selected item's slot (-1).
    And that address always ends with a AC.
    eg.: 0x0B2F89AC, 0x0CCAA1AC, 0x0CC149AC, 0x07D4E5AC, 0x1FE3E9AC, 0x1FE3C5AC, 0x1FD0E1AC, 0x180765AC, 0x1FE3A1AC, 0x18DFC9AC, 0x1FD105AC, 0x174001AC, 0x292C41AC, 0x241961AC, 0x24193DAC

Regards,
    VixinG

Finding OverlayContainer address in AH
    SanjoX's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can find a static pointer to your address (pointer to pointer to pointer ... to your address). It's described in the Cheat Engine tutorial program how you find such a pointer.

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the "OverlayContainer" you are looking for is actually
    Root.NormalLayer.BattleNetAuctionHouse_main.LayoutRoot.OverlayContainer.TabConte ntContainer.SearchTabContent.SearchListContent.SearchItemList.ItemListContainer. ItemListRadioButtonGroup = 0xA53AF1388A1C1CBA
    This is of course if you are talking about the selected item in the search results. For other indexes look into
    .AuctionTabContent.AuctionListContent.SellItemListContainer.ItemListContainer.It emListRadioButtonGroup = 0xCE25A46A9A48FDCD
    and
    .AuctionTabContent.AuctionListContent.BidItemListContainer.ItemListContainer.Ite mListRadioButtonGroup = 0xC97859A5BA6A9D1A

You will need to know how to get the memory location of a UI element by its hash.
    From the Info Dump thread http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diab...mp-thread.html ([Diablo 3][[1.0.3.10485] Retail Patch - Info Dump Thread)
    0093F470 D3::GetUIElementByHash

Once you do that it becomes [GetUIElementByHash(0xA53AF1388A1C1CBA)+0x444] +0xB40+0x10+0xD5C+0x10+0x1DAC

I don't believe there is a static pointer you can find for this address. The static pointer points to the hash table where the UI Element is stored.

vixing's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great info, thanks... but how can I add it to my AutoIt script? I can only MemoryRead and MemoryWrite...

Also, how about the address "How many items are currently displayed in AH tab" ? There are like 5 addresses like that but they are changing after 2-3 logins.

edit: but focusing on that selection thingy, overlaycontainer. How can I add it to my script?
    Last edited by vixing; 07-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reverse the function at 0x0093F470 (Diablo III.exe +0x13F470) and you can make an out of process implementation that only requires MemoryRead
    A few hints:
    You will need to know how a hash table works, and how linked lists work.
    Hash table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Linked list - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The calling convention is stdcall. Pay attention to how the parameters are passed and how the result is returned
    x86 calling conventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The parameter for this function is a pointer to the 64bit hash of the element that you are trying to get the address for (posted above 0xA53AF1388A1C1CBA) and the value returned is the address of the UI Element

Edit: After looking into it you can get "How many items are currently displayed in AH tab" with the same offset chain, but change the last offset from 0x1DAC to 0x1DA0
    Last edited by defthack; 07-26-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: adding additional information

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by defthack View Post
    Reverse the function at 0x0093F470 (Diablo III.exe +0x13F470) and you can make an out of process implementation that only requires MemoryRead
    A few hints:
    You will need to know how a hash table works, and how linked lists work.
    Linked list - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The calling convention is stdcall. Pay attention to how the parameters are passed and how the result is returned
    x86 calling conventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The parameter for this function is a pointer to the 64bit hash of the element that you are trying to get the address for (posted above 0xA53AF1388A1C1CBA) and the value returned is the address of the UI Element
    Thanks a lot! You are great. Thanks for great help I'm gonna read those. If you say that I can script that inside AutoIt and use only MemoryRead function, I will try.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that autoit's DllCallAddress() is based on stdcall.
    I tried to call this function by it's address, but I don't know what to write as types and params..
    It should be GetUIElementByHash(0xA53AF1388A1C1CBA)
    Here's the function:

DllCallAddress ( "return type", address [, type1, param1 [, type n, param n]] )

I know I need to specify window handle somewhere too.

_Mike's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only use DllCallAddress within your own address space, so unless you are hosting autoit within D3 you need to use DllCall to call CreateRemoteThread with a proxy function which calls GetUIElementByHash with the proper parameters.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by _Mike View Post
    You can only use DllCallAddress within your own address space, so unless you are hosting autoit within D3 you need to use DllCall to call CreateRemoteThread with a proxy function which calls GetUIElementByHash with the proper parameters.
    And how to do that? I'd be grateful if you help me write it.
    Edit: I need to create C++/C# DLL with a function, then DllCall() it from AutoIt script.
    Edit2: I don't know C++ or C#. If you or someone else would like to help me, I will be grateful.
    Last edited by vixing; 07-28-2012 at 11:57 AM.

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the GetUIElementByHash function doesn't use thread local storage you can call it from your own thread. You will need to allocate memory to store the hash that you are looking up since the parameter it takes is a pointer to the hash. Some functions that you might need
    VirtualAllocEx VirtualAllocEx function
    and
    CreateRemoteThread CreateRemoteThread function

I don't use AutoIt, but here is a Cheat Engine Auto Assemble implementation. It is pretty straightforward store the hash, push the pointer, call the function, then store the result and exit.

alloc(CodeCave, 1024)
    CREATETHREAD(CodeCave)
    CodeCave:
    mov [CodeCave+0x100], 0x8A1C1CBA
    mov [CodeCave+104], 0xA53AF138
    push CodeCave+0x100
    call 0x0093F470
    mov [CodeCave+0x108],eax
    call ExitThread

This example will leak memory every time you use it so you will want to either dealloc after you have read the value or change it to global alloc so it reuses uses the same code cave.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by defthack View Post
    Since the GetUIElementByHash function doesn't use thread local storage you can call it from your own thread. You will need to allocate memory to store the hash that you are looking up since the parameter it takes is a pointer to the hash. Some functions that you might need
    VirtualAllocEx VirtualAllocEx function
    and
    CreateRemoteThread CreateRemoteThread function

I don't use AutoIt, but here is a Cheat Engine Auto Assemble implementation. It is pretty straightforward store the hash, push the pointer, call the function, then store the result and exit.

alloc(CodeCave, 1024)
    CREATETHREAD(CodeCave)
    CodeCave:
    mov [CodeCave+0x100], 0x8A1C1CBA
    mov [CodeCave+104], 0xA53AF138
    push CodeCave+0x100
    call 0x0093F470
    mov [CodeCave+0x108],eax
    call ExitThread

This example will leak memory every time you use it so you will want to either dealloc after you have read the value or change it to global alloc so it reuses uses the same code cave.
    Here's the result:
    CodeCave=02D20000 - is it good?

Thanks for everything.

I also found some code on the web and I changed it a bit. I don't know how to modify it to do what I want to, but it looks like that:
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=YbkwSyHD
    Last edited by vixing; 07-28-2012 at 10:19 PM.

defthack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not very fluent with C++ but if there is one thing I have learned from reading this forum it is that calling create thread from dll main is a bad idea. It also looks like you are passing an int64 to GetUIElementByHash instead of a pointer to a 64bit hash, but I could be wrong about that.

Depending on how you plan on injecting the dll if you are allocating memory and creating a thread anyways you can save some overhead and just call GetUIElementByHash from your code cave instead of calling loadlibrary.