Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help Needed] Player Health + Energy

Hey there,

I've been using CE's pointerscanner to try and find the correct pointers for health and energy, but my biggest issue is, im not finding the right one.

The closest i've come so far is a pointer thats true for relog/restart of the same character, well, thats not completely true either, it resets occasionally and i have to press force wave on my sorc, after that the pointer points correctly (wierd?)

The adress ive found is: [[[[[swtor.exe + 0x00CBFB80] + 0x194] + 0x2c0] + 0x18C] + 0x8] for a base, and then:

b+0x9C for current energy (ce)
    ce+0x1C for max energy

ce+0x20 for current health
    ch+4 for max health

The offsetting for the current/max energy/health work everytime on every char more or less, but the pointer is only valid for one of my chars as i said, and barely at that since it points to rubbish once in a while (need force wave to get it right again) so i guess as i said, the pointer is way off.

Anyone care to shed some light to this?

[Help Needed] Player Health + Energy
    Nexilus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small update on the matter,

I've been keeping at it, and could post several new offsets but they don't do much good, but now i'm positive im missing something fairly obvious.

I've even found "green" i.e static adresses which should point to pointers that point to the health/energy/force, but even they change after a relog/restart.

Some of the offsets i've found stay atleast valid across a full session, some break just by zoning to another zone

Been reading alot of posts that refer to GOM and Utils::FindPattern, but sadly first off the GOM illudes me as to what exactly it is and how to use it other than that it's some sort of class? perhaps, which you probably have to code yourself given the guidelines you find elsewhere, but how to find it's starting position is nowhere to be found for me.

Seriously now, any tips at all are welcome at this stage as to where i'm failing with this particular games memory reading.

(This help request thread may indeed turn out to a blog if this continues long enough)

Nexilus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet some time has passed, dove really heavily into the memory of SWTOR last night, in desperation trying to find a valid static pointer for the current characters health/force/energy/heat without any luck.

Slept rather bad during the night because of this, but now i guess my brain was still on overdrive since at this very moment (well, a minute or so ago before starting to type this post) i had something that may reveal itself to be an epiphany.

My current theory is that im going about it in the wrong way, i think (now don't take this as fact yet as im at work and cannot verify) that i should be looking for what others have been calling a player identifyer id, basically theres some form of ID that identifies the player, and this ID is what i now think is locateable either statically, or perhaps if i'm unlucky with some memory pattern scanning. Which leads to atleast ONE of my break-throughs since my last post.

the "Utils::FindPattern" or just "FindPattern" that one sees in many posts/code snippets is actually quite a simple function for pattern-scanning memory, i.e you basically locate the "variable" if you will, that you want to re-locate at a later time, and create a small byte-code pattern for the code where it is, im not 100% sure exactly where to start/stop when doing this, but i'm sure the solution will present itself tonight when i sit down with a nice cup of coffee, launch the game and CE to see whats what.

Anyhow, back on track, what i'm now inclined to believe is that the current player's "entity" if you will (think of this as a c++ structure for ease of mind) is mangled up inside a dynamic array of every-bloody elses entity-"structure" that you'r game client is currently aware of, how vast this list is i have no idea, but probably everyone on the current "map" ?

And to find MY player entity-"structure", i need to know where in this array it is, so, after researching a bit (I may be confusing injected methods with simple mem-reading but that will also reveal itself later) i believe that the playerID will lead me to the right point in the player array to read my data.

However, then there's the seccond problem, where does this player array (which i so fancily call it) start?

My guess is that the first time around, i'll have to read the memory and look for similar occurances as mine (i.e maybe use a pattern matching process) and find the lowest one, try to analyze whats around that in memory and hopefully (fingers crossed) i will be able to make a pattern matching template of that area, and presto! things should start revealing shortly!

One may ask (since im writing this thing in a bloggy sense as well as a data-bank) why i dont just use a pattern-match for the player? Well, thing is, then i would probably always find the first player in the player-array, and as i've been unable to produce a static pointer, im fairly certain that the first player in the array is _not_ always the current player.

More updates to come, stay in tune to learn from my mistakes and errornous assumptions

Nexilus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright, small update once more

Instead of "flying blind" i thought i would mimic what i assume SWTOR is doing, into my own exe file, so, i created a (fairly buggy) dummy application that simulates the creation of more or less dynamically allocated player entities in an array.

Free file hosting. File sharing. File upload. FileFactory.com / file / 4z54zwjnmpyx / n / PlayerBaseApp. exe

Without the spaces in it, will get the file im using as per "right now"

For the paranoid heres a virus-total scan of the exe :

Code:
    SHA256:	62c2db41877241b6462882e31818ff4d90dd298925bdd017fc7f39393a972c9e
    File name:	PlayerBaseApp.exe
    Detection ratio:	0 / 41
    Analysis date:	 2012-07-24 10:40:45 UTC ( 1 minut ago ) 
    More details
    Antivirus	Result	Update
    AhnLab-V3	-	20120724
    AntiVir	-	20120724
    Antiy-AVL	-	20120724
    Avast	-	20120724
    AVG	-	20120724
    BitDefender	-	20120724
    ByteHero	-	20120723
    CAT-QuickHeal	-	20120724
    ClamAV	-	20120723
    Commtouch	-	20120724
    Comodo	-	20120724
    DrWeb	-	20120724
    Emsisoft	-	20120724
    eSafe	-	20120722
    ESET-NOD32	-	20120724
    F-Prot	-	20120724
    F-Secure	-	20120724
    Fortinet	-	20120724
    GData	-	20120724
    Ikarus	-	20120724
    Jiangmin	-	20120724
    K7AntiVirus	-	20120723
    Kaspersky	-	20120724
    McAfee	-	20120724
    McAfee-GW-Edition	-	20120723
    Microsoft	-	20120724
    Norman	-	20120724
    nProtect	-	20120724
    Panda	-	20120724
    Rising	-	20120724
    Sophos	-	20120724
    SUPERAntiSpyware	-	20120724
    Symantec	-	20120724
    TheHacker	-	20120724
    TotalDefense	-	20120724
    TrendMicro	-	20120724
    TrendMicro-HouseCall	-	20120724
    VBA32	-	20120724
    VIPRE	-	20120724
    ViRobot	-	20120724
    VirusBuster	-	20120723
    So anyhew, next on my agenda, now that i've seen that the player health moves a bit in the memory, will be to attempt to locate it through the player id (which is kinda 'cheating' since i printed it out on the exe, but well, ill get to finding it in SWTOR later).

If anyone else finds it interesting, you may compete against me and receive a virtual cookie if you beat me to the punch in creating a hack for my own exe Simple rules:

1. The hack must be memory-reading only
    2. The hack must work at each restart of the app/Computer (Bare in mind, sometimes you have to restart the app to get a valid playerID, coded in a nifty little Bioware bug in there.)
    3. The hack shall show Player Health / Player Max Health, Player Energy / Player Max Energy, Player ID and the Player Nickname!

Once i've completely figured out how to get this data out ill post a description of my method in this thread.
    Last edited by Nexilus; 07-24-2012 at 06:08 AM.

bait's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep up the good work bro ppl are watching this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    .l..°_°..l. As of to day im a good man, Good day

Nexilus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bait for the encouraging words

I've come so far as to locate the PlayerID (where its stored at the same place each time), and through CE i can find the Health etc etc through searching for the value of the PlayerID (i.e im now attacking this piece of work from that end).

And, i may add, im using BlackMagic to aid me a bit on the run but seems its FindPattern function is giving me the shaft, tried numerous patterns & masks but it fails over and over, so im definately doing something wrong still

Trying to find a good FindPattern tutorial, preferably custom tailored for BlackMagic, we shall see what rock i can find my solution under!

On a different note, once i get a hang of this part, and actually get it to work, im almost positive i can do a few tests on SWTOR to see how well my aquired knowledge fits in practice and not just in theory.

Fakon's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome share man thanks