0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accessing Auction House Item Attributes

So I recently started testing and playing with some memory reading code, and got to the point where I can loop through all of the buyout prices for items (easy). Then I tried finding the pointer to the attributes. I found the two places they are stored. One looks to be where the attributes for the item are stored, and one where the tooltip text is stored. The former has an address ~037EA140 (for the first one, not like it really matters since it changes....) and the second ~278AA21A. I used cheat engine to look for pointers to all of the addresses around those areas, but to no avail. Does anyone have the offsets to item attributes, or if I'm totally off track can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Accessing Auction House Item Attributes
    booba's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat... been trying to fin but can't figure it out. I'll let you know if I find out.

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got closer....I finally got pointer results from cheat engine, problem is I got millions of them. Some of them were hooks into adresses that were close to where my attributes were popping up, but not quite. One of them even grabbed the chat box text which was interesting hah, but still working on pinpointing it. If anyone wants to shed some light as to how to narrow my pointers down to ones that are more likely to be correct, would be helpful.

DrGonzo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/59
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been discussed a few times, search around. Tip: it involves mousing over the items in the AH (does not require OCR)

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FearAndLawyering View Post
    This has been discussed a few times, search around. Tip: it involves mousing over the items in the AH (does not require OCR)
    Funny that you mention that, I wrote a bot that used OCR but was (obviously) way too slow, which is why I'm going this route. I already figured out that there is a part in memory that is updated with the stats of the last moused-over item. My problem is finding a static pointer to that location. I read some threads on it, but none that offered tips as to where this location is. Maybe you could link me to the specific post you're talking about?

DrGonzo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/59
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, when you mouse over an item it creates an ACDActor in the ACDActor list. You can then use GetInt/GetDouble/etc to get the different attributes for that item.

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I looked over some posts about those collections and how to access the attributes (0xFFFFF000 mask, etc), but I'm not exactly sure where to start when it comes to calling those functions. I see a lot of people posting source code, but what to people generally use to hook into the diablo 3 function calls? Is there a C# library or something of that sort? Like I said, total beginner implementation-wise.

o be clear, here is some code from an example someone posted:
    int player_guid = Diablo3.Actor.GetPlayerGUID();

Where did they get the Diablo3.Actor library from, and if they wrote it themselves, where would I start if I was going to go that route?
    Last edited by Kroge; 07-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (double post)

UserNamex32's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is a GetPlayerGUID function, but your player's GUID shouldn't change, you can find it by reading through the actors and finding your name like "wizzard" or whatever class you picked, it should be near the top of the list (Array)*, and then you can just read out the GUID from the Actor structure.

As for that lib, I have no idea, surely something they wrote unless it's some semi-public / pay lib.

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah thanks for the reply, I was more using that as an example but thanks for the info, the more you know I guess my question is about how to call ANY diablo 3 function. Having never done it before, and not seeing much as to where to start, I would GUESS that I could get the function decompiled from memory somewhere, and replace the pointers and constants the code uses with pointers to the data I found in memory, but I really have no idea if that's right or not.

zdud's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kroge View Post
    Hah thanks for the reply, I was more using that as an example but thanks for the info, the more you know I guess my question is about how to call ANY diablo 3 function. Having never done it before, and not seeing much as to where to start, I would GUESS that I could get the function decompiled from memory somewhere, and replace the pointers and constants the code uses with pointers to the data I found in memory, but I really have no idea if that's right or not.
    You could try that approach, althou it is much harder than it looks written like that :P

Kroge's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zdud View Post
    You could try that approach, althou it is much harder than it looks written like that :P
    What approach would be more typical? I'm sure it probably varies, but I have no problem with C++, Java, or C#, and I have amateur cheat engine experience.