0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Armor Swap Part 2

OK BEFORE READING THIS GUIDE PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
    You will need
    Mywarcraftstudio
    A word processor

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have model editing experience. THIS IS HARD. If you have not model edited before, please see my other guides, listed here
    Mount Swap: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...ount-swap.html
    Sound Swap: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...ound-swap.html

Also please have read Part 1, which is listed here
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-part-1-a.html

Theses are things you should know about armor swapping:
    1. ONLY HELM AND SHOULDERPADS HAVE .M2 FILES. PLEASE PLEASE DONT BE ASKING WHERE THE ROBE .M2 FILES ARE. All robes, pants, gloves, bracers, boots, ect. have the SAME basic model, and you cant change that. Its kinda hard to understand but trust me.
    2. KNOW YOUR RACE/SEX this is KEY in a successful armor swap. Armor looks different on every race, and sex please make sure you know this.
    In the wow files its race then sex. M is male F is female, here is the race breakdown:
    DW-Dwarf
    GN-Gnome
    HU-Human
    NI-Night Elf
    OR-Orc
    SC-Undead
    TA-Tauren
    TR-Troll
    3. Make sure you are fimiliar with your armor. It is important to locate in MWS where your armor is. I HIGHLY suggest using tier armor, its very easy to find. All tier 0 and .5 is know as Dungeon(ClassNameHere) and all tier 1 2 & 3 are know as Raid(ClassNameHere). Another thing is tier 1 is known as Raid(ClassName)_A, tier 2 is B, and tier 3 is C. Also there are many areas where armor is located. There is ITEMS and Items which both have many sub folders. For the most part they are not to hard to find, and try using www.goblinworkshop.com
    4. Please make sure you do vest to vest, and robe to robe. They have different amounts of .blps

Now for the guide

1. Open patch.mpq with MWS then go to ITEM/TextureComponents/ . Texture Components are everything besides helm and shoulder

2. Now click on ArmLowerTexture

3. Now scroll to the bottom and find Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Bracer_AL_U.blp. Basically what this reads as its part of a tier, dealing with raids, for warlocks, tier 3, its part of a bracer, and its part of ArmLower (AL)

4. Right click and select copy treepath

5. Now paste it into a word processor (Notepad=least system lag)

6. Then extract the file, and put it in its own folder in World Of Warcraft/Data

7. Should look like this

8. Then go to the nect file in ArmLower called Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Glove_AL_U.blp

9. Your all big boys, u can extract the file urself, and copy the treepath into a word document

10. Now what we basically is all the Arm Lower textures are extracted, and now we need to find what they are replacing it with

11. Now we are going to find the files we are going to modelchange "over" Click on Item/TextureComponents/ArmLowerTexture

12. Now find Robe_DungeonWarlock_A_01Purple_Bracer_AL_U.blp. This reads as a Tier, from Dungeon set, for warlocks, its the purple version, its for bracers, and for the arm lowerCopy the treepath into a new notepad document

13. Should look like this

14. Now find the next texture, which is Robe_DungeonWarlock_A_01Purple_Glove_AL_U.blp

15. Once again copy and paste treepath into the 2nd notepad

16. Now go to ITEM/TextureComponents/ArmUpperTexture

17. Find Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Sleeve_AU_U.blp. You know the drill, extract it to the data file blah blah blah

18. Copy the treepath into the first text documetn

19. Now go to Item/TextureComponents/ArmUpperTexture now we are finding the dreadmist version

20. Find Robe_DungeonWarlock_A_01Purple_Sleeve_AU_U.blp

21. Once again, copy into 2nd text document (Dreadmist one)

22. Now go back to ITEM/TextureComponets/FootTexture

23. Find Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Boot_FO_U.blp

24. Ok you know what to do from here. Extract, copy paste treepath. Continue to do this, extracting tier 3 and copying treepaths for both dreadmist and tier 3 till u get to TorsoLowerTexture THEN STOP FOR CRISE SAKE!!! NOTE some areas have more than 1 .blp some they have one, all depends

25. Now u should have everything except for TorsoUpperTexture and TorsoLowerTexture. Now heres something u wanna pay close attention to. As many of u may notice, men and women have different chests, irl, and this reflects in WoW. So u will notice that there is Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Chest_TL_M.blp and Robe_RaidWarlock_C_01_Chest_TL_F.blp. Obviously M is male F is female, before we were dealing with U, unisex. So now make sure u do your sex's armor, and do this for both TorsoLower and TorsoUpper

26. Now if ur reading this guide, u know how to model change, so rename all the files so that they match up with what they are being changed to. I dont know why but i dont have a pic for this. NOTE: MAKE SURE TO MATCH UP BRACERS WITH BRACERS, GLOVES WITH GLOVES, AL WITH AL, AU WITH AU, ECT. I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

27. Now you should have all the files extracted and treepaths copied. Make sure u have the same ammount of .blps for each. Once this is done, select Pack, then click Create New MPQ archive, and name it Speech2.mpq

28. You should see something like this

29. Now click on Pack, and click add file to mpq archive

30. Now you should see this, and select the ....

31. Now you should see this. Select the first file. NOTE: For some reason i did the wrong name swap. I will fix this at a later date imagine thats the on with the Purple not blue and click open

32. Now you should see this, DONT CLICK OK!!!

33. Go to ur word document with the treepaths and paste the corolating tree path before the name of the blp, like this

34. When pasted in should look like this

35. If you expand the treepath it should look like this

36. Now do the same with the rest, add file, paste tree path, till you have this

37. Now save .mpq and TA DA!!! You have suceessfully armor swapped (if u did part 1 also)

SOME NOTES:
    I do realize there are some little errors in this guide, none of which will effect what u did. Just currently the comp im typing this guide on, is not the comp it took the Screen Shos on. I shorted this guide more than my normal ones, because u should be pretty confident with MC before u do an armor swap. And if u can do that, i should only really need to give u the just of whats going on.
    ALSO make sure u do robe-->robes and vests to vests. They have different amounts of textures, so this is the easiest way.

I really hope this was helpful, and please, if u like, check out my other model editing guides
    Last edited by Fault; 10-08-2006 at 07:35 AM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

[Guide] Armor Swap Part 2
    faultslittleposthelper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GUIDE: Armor Swap Part 2

omg dude like, amazing. U are a god. *waits for someone to notice the irony

uber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg dude like, amazing. U are a god.
    ahah on the real thanks man doesnt look to complicated
    + rep =D
    .... Dont Argue with noobs because they will just bring you down to there level and beat you with experience...

lollercakes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that is awsome I want to try to do this but I don't want to screw anything up.

Nezdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm learning more from his avatar

Nice guide!!!!
    *Insert Awe-Inspiring Signature Here*

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by lollercakes
    Wow that is awsome I want to try to do this but I don't want to screw anything up.
    It aint to hard, try it. If u mess up i can help u

"If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

ethanpp77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is a dumb and probably ovious question but this is specifically for private servers right? I don't think you could get away with this on official servers. also, say i wanted to swap for an AQ40 set, what would be the code for a pally, what would be the code for that?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ethanpp77
    ok this is a dumb and probably ovious question but this is specifically for private servers right? I don't think you could get away with this on official servers. also, say i wanted to swap for an AQ40 set, what would be the code for a pally, what would be the code for that?
    Aparently, u dont understand what modelediting is This is for any server, ESPECIALLY live. I use MC all the time (obiously if i have 4 guides on it) on live servers. I dont have the AQ name right now, but to my memeory, its called aq in the file name

The Doctor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job putting it all together, but nothing new.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Poker
    Good job putting it all together, but nothing new.
    Ummm, there aint any other guides on this here...

lithium1211's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goblinworkshop doesnt have the models (.m2 & .blp) for Bloodwoven Mitts of the Eagle - how would one find it so I can rename it?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its not listed, not all are, but some are, u need to look at what the gloves look like. I trust those are cloth, so mostlikely they be under Cloth_, which is in the hand texture folder or w/e. Note: there is no .m2 of it, there is only a blp

Negue2's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great!!! +rep!
    [NO QUESTIONS HERE]!!
    [NO QUESTIONS HERE]!!
    [NO QUESTIONS HERE]!!

Kenesia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, as the Mage T3 robe lower part is ''unisexual'' and Netherwind isnt so what should I do to make this combo working? have now T3 upper part and T2 lower part

iluvprivate^^'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome man! Great guide. +rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast