Ownedcore should get involved in trades and receive a commission menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

AlchemistIk's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ownedcore should get involved in trades and receive a commission

Hey everyone, I'm still fairly new member on this site. I've been reading the forums for a whole, but now I've been trying to trade with my peers instead of Chinese farmers who are killing the gold price. The biggest issue is scammers, I've been attempted to be scammed like 8 times in the past few days, I really wish Ownedcore staff would get involved for the safety of their members. I know this might seem like a lot to ask, but I think this would benefit the members and the site equally. Owned core can provide a staff member as a middle man for a donation towards the site and/or commission which helps fund this site and provide service to its members (it also cuts out soo much time feom looking through scam reports and banning previously banned memebers) and us members will not have to worry about getting scammed millions of gold or real money. I hope people agree with this and petition for a service like that. Either way a big thank you to the admins and moderators of this site! Thanks for all the hard work!!

Ownedcore should get involved in trades and receive a commission
    Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you think that we have some magical means to prevent scamming? All a middleman does is takes on the risk of the transaction for a fee...it doesn't eliminate the risk it just transfers it.

DO NOT TRADE WITH UNREPPED PEOPLE. It's pretty simple to not get scammed that way, but unfortunately people are greedy and want the quick buck all the time. We can look at IP addresses and see if they are using multiple accounts or something, but that's about it.

We all are operating in the same environment with the same scammers. Take precautions and don't get greedy.

AlchemistIk's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    What makes you think that we have some magical means to prevent scamming? All a middleman does is takes on the risk of the transaction for a fee...it doesn't eliminate the risk it just transfers it.

DO NOT TRADE WITH UNREPPED PEOPLE. It's pretty simple to not get scammed that way, but unfortunately people are greedy and want the quick buck all the time. We can look at IP addresses and see if they are using multiple accounts or something, but that's about it.

We all are operating in the same environment with the same scammers. Take precautions and don't get greedy.
    I don't once want to insult your work here, I think you guys do a great job like I said in my post. I just think that this site has the capabilities to eliminates this issues, I don't think you own a magic wand that will auto ban all scamming members, but I see you guys work hard and obviously spend a lot of time banning and trying to prevent these scams from happening. I'm just saying maybe if you guys were to shift your man power from looking into scams and banning to other ideas I think this site could be something really special.

Also your note on not trading with unreped members is why there is an issue. You have all your new members swimming with sharks. Honest people like me that would just like to trade and get some rep only have the option to trade with entry level members as well, which puts us in a cest pool of scammers. The whole idea that we need to put ourselves at risk in order to get rep sucks and I understand it may be a right of passage, but there are better ways.

Dirtpetit's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remus and others are doing a great work keeping the scammers away, but in the end you have to use your own thinking.

Also, use a middleman! Both me and another member (I don't got all known members in my head) is offering one for very cheap prices and/or even free.

Also, I know how you feel. I'm fairly new here and I must trade with a lot of new people to build my trust up. I wish you the best of luck with that.